ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries

Epo..... The Magic Drug??

Been reading a lot about this the past few days. I guess for endurance athletes it gets no better!! and 2 weeks worth of slin pin injections for up to 6 months of advantage! I need to find out who be havin this! I need to ask them how it works!!! Anyone on here used Epo and if so how did it work for you?

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    are you kidding me?

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    It can be very dangerous and needs to be used with caution.

Bud if you deciede to try do your research.

Ive read about it and may give it a run someday aswell.

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KatsMeow View Post
    are you kidding me?
    I dont think he was...LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KatsMeow View Post
    are you kidding me?
    why do you say it like that sweetie?

loftros is offline Junior Member
    I dont see why anyone would use this unless they were a pro cyclist or runner etc. its for endurance. Not to mention your hemacrit can skyrocket when running it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loftros View Post
    I dont see why anyone would use this unless they were a pro cyclist or runner etc. its for endurance. Not to mention your hemacrit can skyrocket when running it
    Exactly.. My brother is a semi pro Trathlete and will try next year to get a spot in the Ironman Pro invitational in Hawaii. Do myou think I was just planning it on taking it and hittin the gym!? Come on now!

HIITB$ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ninesecz View Post
    Exactly.. My brother is a semi pro Trathlete and will try next year to get a spot in the Ironman Pro invitational in Hawaii. Do myou think I was just planning it on taking it and hittin the gym!? Come on now!
    Enlighten me im lost with this?! Have anything i can read up on it, what does Epo stand for? lol

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ninesecz View Post
    LOL Epo is the number one tested drug that agencies look for when testing endurance athletes. (Floyd Landis tested positive after winning the Tour De France a couple years ago)

You're late bud, any drug that has already been discovered and hit the media is no good, the ones that are good are the ones you don't hear about.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Soldier View Post
    LOL Epo is the number one tested drug that agencies look for when testing endurance athletes. (Floyd Landis tested positive after winning the Tour De France a couple years ago)

You're late bud, any drug that has already been discovered and hit the media is no good, the ones that are good are the ones you don't hear about.
    So how do i "hear" about them?? lmfao So ok someone tell me what Epo stands for so i can do some homework on it?

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Guys when i first heard about EPO it was when that tour de france guy got busted, then i read the profiles section on this website and i was like "WOW sounds like a substance with 100% benefits and hardly any sides"

i was WRONG!! be very very careful, VERY careful when using this! and like other posters who answered you they are right to say only top level professional endurance athletes under medical supervision and FULL understanding of this drug should use it.

Let me just list a few possible sides for you and you tell me if its so "awesome"

-Stroke
    -Extremly high or fatal blood pressure
    -Blood Cancer
    -Heart attack or heart disease
    -Blood becoming so thick mollasses like you die (happened to entire dutch cycling team)
    In order to use this drug safely you must be doing bloodwork daily even if its home-test thingies you must know what your doing.

When considering the side effects of EPO compared to sides of AAS, i would easily choose acne and hairloss over a stroke or heart problem.

Ironmanron is offline New Member
    I'm going to try a low dose next week; around 6000 IU over a 2 week span just to see if I notice any difference in my endurance. If you're really wondering how it works; PM me in about 6 weeks from now and I'll give you my opinion.

I will probably write in member's cycle section to give my full evaluation on this aas. I've seen so many negitive post about it so I want first hand experience. Keep in mind, I will use low dosage and try again later if necessary. I will also keep watch on my BP and memacrit. We'll see.

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    If anyone was wondering what EPO is...it is Erthropoetin!

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro View Post
    If anyone was wondering what EPO is...it is Erthropoetin!

thanx i was still wondering and guess ive been google retarded as of lately because i couldnt come up with the answer there either.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Soldier View Post

"How effective is the urine EPO test? Won't the drug cheats always be figuring out ways to beat the test?

The bad news is that the urine EPO test currently doesn't detect EPO usage very far back in time. Dr. Catlin noted that how effective the test is in detecting past EPO use is highly variable and depends on the dose of EPO the person is taking, their metabolism and other factors. It is common for the urine test to only detect EPO use in the last 48 hours but for some individuals the test can detect EPO use up to 6 or 7 days in the past. Around 100 athletes at the Salt Lake Olympics who had abnormal values from the blood EPO test (indicating that they were possibly doping), passed the urine EPO test. Presumably some or many of these 100 athletes were dopers, but passed the urine EPO test only because currently the urine EPO test can only detect very recent EPO use."

Now there are tests for it, but looks like you can get away with it easy if timing is right.

So a week for urine tests to be safe and...how long is it detectable in the blood?

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike View Post
    "How effective is the urine EPO test? Won't the drug cheats always be figuring out ways to beat the test?

The bad news is that the urine EPO test currently doesn't detect EPO usage very far back in time. Dr. Catlin noted that how effective the test is in detecting past EPO use is highly variable and depends on the dose of EPO the person is taking, their metabolism and other factors. It is common for the urine test to only detect EPO use in the last 48 hours but for some individuals the test can detect EPO use up to 6 or 7 days in the past. Around 100 athletes at the Salt Lake Olympics who had abnormal values from the blood EPO test (indicating that they were possibly doping), passed the urine EPO test. Presumably some or many of these 100 athletes were dopers, but passed the urine EPO test only because currently the urine EPO test can only detect very recent EPO use."

Now there are tests for it, but looks like you can get away with it easy if timing is right.
    You are right about EPO testing, I overestimated the validity of it, further research into it shows it can be very up and down.

I would assume any event that would test an high endurance, would have to do URINE and Blood. And on EPO when the red blood count comes back ABNORMALLY HIGH that would be some sort of indication.

bodyND is offline Junior Member
    ok Epo can cause major blood clots just to tell you and can kill you. The drug Epo stands for Erythropoietin and is Antianemic drug; and is a potential alternative to blood transfusion and is used for kindney disese, chemotherapy, aids and is used to boost red cell production and hemoglobin. All though it is a very promissing drug to endurance athletes it comes at a cost even life its self possibley, so bro its not worth takeing it can cause iron deffinaciy and blood clots becasue it makes your blood thick and the longer you take it the thicker your blood gets.

depfife is offline Associate Member
    I have used EPO quite a bit. I am a marathoner. My natural hematocrit was quite low @ 40.0. Now it is about 47.0,. I FEEL GREAT !! It takes about 15000iu to bring hematocrit up 1.0...and the lead time is 8 days...(before each dose matures into usable red blood cells) . so do the math on where u want to be. From my research 70.0 is the danger area. That is where all those cyclists were, who died 30-40 yrs. ago on the stuff. And they were probably dehydrated at the time. Very little was known how to use it back then. I know 55.0 is quite safe.... even 60.0, but you are getting close to the edge , so you need to STAY HYDRATED!!! Before using EPO I would often have a feeling of not having enough O2... It would keep me awake.. NOT ANYMORE !! I SLEEP LIKE A BABY!!

depfife is offline Associate Member
    Epo is an abriviation for Erthropoetin
    Quote Originally Posted by HIITB$ View Post
    thanx i was still wondering and guess ive been google retarded as of lately because i couldnt come up with the answer there either.

Thread Information