BigJuice777 is offline Associate Member

Do Cardio Enhancements exist?

Just curious about cardio enhancements... if they exist.

We always hear of the stuff that makes you strong and HUGE... Is there a specific type of AAS that can be used for runners, sprinters, jumpers?

I have taken some time off my recreational soccer schedule so I could reduce cardio and focus on size. Does anyone know what the Olympians were taking back in the day, and current athletes, to make them run faster, jump higher and endure longer cardio exercises like swimming, soccer, track and field?

Is there anything specifically designed to increase respiratory, explosion from a dead stop, speed, cardio duration, quickness and agility? It seems its sort of the opposite of what 'getting huge' is all about. 'Huge' means that much more to cart around the playing field. Is this a different type of AAS or is it all just in the training?

Thanks!!

mf3485 is offline New Member
    As far as cardio enhancement, EPO is commonly used by endurance athletes. BJJ has a log on this site somewhere where he is using it in a stack to improve endurance for fights and it's a good read. I'm currently on a test cycle and I play rugby also, and I train for speed and explosiveness as part of my leg workout with plyos and rdls and such. I definately notice that test is making a difference in explosiveness. I am up 15 pounds so far but I definately feel faster and more explosive than before I began the cycle. If athletic enhancement is your main goal, there may be better options available such as tbol because the gains will be more lean and your body will have less weight to be carrying around. Test seems to have no negative effect on my cardio though even though I am much heavier.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Endurance athletes do something called "blood doping"...basically they take out an amount of their own blood, store it, and re-introduce that blood right before the event they are training for. This results in an excess of red blood cells, and increased endurance capability, as RBCs carry oxygen to the lungs. EPO is the chemical form of blood doping, it stimulates the production of RBCs.

BigJuice777 is offline Associate Member
    Good info... would you happen to have a link to any literature? I am more interested in looking fit and kickin' ass on the field than anything else.

Thanks for the comment!!

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Most AAS will increase red blood cells. EQ is somewhat more known for this, Anadrol as well, but i wouldnt' recommend drol for endurance athletes

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJuice777 View Post
    Good info... would you happen to have a link to any literature? I am more interested in looking fit and kickin' ass on the field than anything else.

Thanks for the comment!!
    EPO or erythropoietin is a compound that stimulates the production of red blood cells and thus allows more hemoglobin concentration in the blood. It's dangerous though because if RBC count gets too high then your blood will "sludge", meaning the viscosity increases to the point where your body cannot sustain oxygen debt.

Caffeine is a cardio enhancer though, it lowers perception of pain, increases fat oxidization, etc....

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    EQ would be my first choice, followed by a bit of Var for strength.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bonaparte View Post
    eq would be my first choice, followed by a bit of var for strength.
    bingo

depfife is offline Associate Member
    Everything you are talking about sounds like you are more interested in muscular strenght and explosive power rather than respitory.. Epo may not be what you are looking for, for I use it strictly for endurance.. EQ may be our "thing"

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by depfife View Post
    Everything you are talking about sounds like you are more interested in muscular strenght and explosive power rather than respitory.. Epo may not be what you are looking for, for I use it strictly for endurance.. EQ may be our "thing"
    you do realize this post is 5 months old right?

Thread Information