Flier is offline Productive Member

1 ml on the syringe??

My cycle started today, and I pinned myself for the first time.

Pulling from a 10ml Cyp bottle, and need to know, exactly what represents 1 ml on the syringe?

As you know the rubber piece inside the syringe has a rounded tip.
    The tip of the rubber to where the rubber meets the plastic represents 0.1ml.
    And further back is a black line or probably another rubber seal. This distance also represents 0.1 ml.
    So if I did this wrong, my injections could have a 0.2ml discrepancy.
    I´m anal, and like to get it spot on.

Thanks guys..

AllDay is offline Junior Member
    are you using a 1cc insulin syringe or a 3cc syringe? If you are using a insulin syringe, the whole thing is 1 ml. on a 3cc syringe fill it up 1/3.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thanks for your thread, I just learned something new if you are saying what I think you are. I always assumed you got a little less in you because of what is trapped in the needle, however,

On a 3ml BD syringe (And I would assume other brands) if you count down from the .5ml mark there are 6 lines, that is there is one line before the .1ml line. This is so that if you filled the syringe to .1ml then when you pushed the plunger in all the way it would actually give you .1ml (since the needle holds some fluid that will never be injected). So if you simply align the leading edge of the rubber tip with the amount you want to inject then you will inject that amount precisely. Conversly if you hold the syringe upward so that the air clears out the gear in the syringe, naturally this will not be as accurate a dose as if you use no air and go by the marks but you will save a little gear (of course if the air blows the gear back out the needle hole this will be negated) myself I don't push with air.

PS I just checked an insulin syringe and they are marked the same way.
    Last edited by Far from massive; 03-06-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    Thanks for your thread, I just learned something new if you are saying what I think you are. I always assumed you got a little less in you because of what is trapped in the needle, however,

On a 3ml BD syringe (And I would assume other brands) if you count down from the .5ml mark there are 6 lines, that is there is one line before the .1ml line. This is so that if you filled the syringe to .1ml then when you pushed the plunger in all the way it would actually give you .1ml (since the needle holds some fluid that will never be injected). So if you simply align the leading edge of the rubber tip with the amount you want to inject then you will inject that amount precisely. Conversly if you hold the syringe upward so that the air clears out the gear in the syringe, naturally this will not be as accurate a dose as if you use no air and go by the marks but you will save a little gear (of course if the air blows the gear back out the needle hole this will be negated) myself I don't push with air.

PS I just checked an insulin syringe and they are marked the same way.
    Ok..
    I had to read your message a few times re. the air.
    But I get it. Some people actually start off drawing some air into the syringe, so the air will push all of the liquid into the muscle so no liq is wasted.
    Does the air usually stay put when you start injecting, and does not start "travel" as a bubble up the liquid?
    How much air, if I want to do this? 0.1ml?
    If I don´t use air, does that mean I waste about 1ml from a 10ml bottle?

themoreyouknow is offline Associate Member
    i always take 0.1cc off what i need and draw that much. So if i need 1.7cc I draw 1.6cc into the syringe since a little sits in the needle.

Quote Originally Posted by themoreyouknow View Post
    i always take 0.1cc off what i need and draw that much. So if i need 1.7cc I draw 1.6cc into the syringe since a little sits in the needle.
    OK.....But what then, after u finish your injection....u still have 0.1cc in the needle..??...SO u still only injected 1.6cc (I guess cc/ml same thing)

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Man..... I just don't give as much of a fvck as you guys lolol

If I need 1ml.... I draw it back till the oil hits one ml and shoot it in..... if i'm 0.1ml over or under so what.....

Anything dosed in micro grams is a diff story..... but I use an insulin syringe/needle for those and that pin doesn't leave as much inside it as a 23g.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

If I need 1ml.... I draw it back till the oil hits one ml and shoot it in..... if i'm 0.1ml over or under so what.....

Anything dosed in micro grams is a diff story..... but I use an insulin syringe/needle for those and that pin doesn't leave as much inside it as a 23g.

~Haz~
    Yes...but if I expect to draw 1ml 10 times from a 10ml bottle. And I waste 0.1ml each time. I might end up with a surprise in the end, right?
    A 10 week cycle just shorted to 9, because I wasted the rest.
    Or is there something I´m missing?...Wouldn´t be the first time..hehe

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by First Timer 42 View Post
    Yes...but if I expect to draw 1ml 10 times from a 10ml bottle. And I waste 0.1ml each time. I might end up with a surprise in the end, right?
    A 10 week cycle just shorted to 9, because I wasted the rest.
    Or is there something I´m missing?...Wouldn´t be the first time..hehe
    no I understand..... Thats why I always have extra of everything on hand. If I was going to run a 10-12 week cycle i'd have atleast 2 bottles. You could drop a bottle by accident and break it..... i've heard of guys shooting 1ml of air into the vial to make dawing the oil easier and the crimped metal seal broke off and the rubber stopper flew out.

I personally wouldn't intentionally leave air in the syringe and inject it just so I wouldn't leave .1mlof oil in the needle.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

no I understand..... Thats why I always have extra of everything on hand. If I was going to run a 10-12 week cycle i'd have atleast 2 bottles. You could drop a bottle by accident and break it..... i've heard of guys shooting 1ml of air into the vial to make dawing the oil easier and the crimped metal seal broke off and the rubber stopper flew out.

I personally wouldn't intentionally leave air in the syringe and inject it just so I wouldn't leave .1mlof oil in the needle.

~Haz~
    Ok...good.
    I just read steroid .com´s injection info, and it suggested pumping a syringe full of air into the vial before extracting the liquid.
    I won´t be doing that then. Would be a shame to have the bottle burst open.
    I guess I´ll just wait and see by the 10´th injection how much I´ve wasted. Hopefully not too much.

themoreyouknow is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by First Timer 42 View Post
    Ok...good.
    a syringe full of air into the vial before extracting the liquid.
    you SHOULD do that..if not the pressure inside the vial wont be equal to the pressure outside and eventaully its going to get harder and harder to draw the oil

Ok.
    When I pulled the needle out today, it made s sound like it was sucking air into the vial to equalize the pressure.
    I´ll play around with it.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    I love these threads, so much made about so little. No offense to op.

Eazy20 is offline Member
    I always pump an amount of air equal to the amount Im taking out. 2cc of oil = 2cc of air to help draw it out makes life much easier. An entire syringe would be insane. Imagine if you were working with a 5cc syringe

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^^ Winner Winner free chicken dinner!

Injectin more or less air in the bottle than the amount of liquid being removed, is a recipe for leakage or contamination.

As far as drawing up more juice than you want to deliver, like drawing 1.7 to deliver 1.6 ( he said it backwards but I am sure this is what he meant) that is what I always used to do, and unfortunately I have also advised others on this board to do the same and never been called on it. However after reading your thread today and taking the time to put on my good glasses and examine two syringes it seems clear that the markings on the syringe take the oil lost to the needle into account. If you look at a 3ml syringe the first line is about .05ml from the plunger being bottomed out so the .1ml line is actually .15ml from the end of the syringe so that the oil lost to the syringe is accounted for. On the insulin syringes the first line is much closer to the end of the plunger travel, I would assume because the tiny needle which attached directly to the syringe hold much less volume.

As far as whether the air moves around or not in the syringe? I have no idea never used air to push the AAS out of the syringe, I homebrew so I am probably talking about a dimes worth of gear.
    Last edited by Far from massive; 03-06-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Are you using a regular 3cc/ml syringe?

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    Man, I can't believe what i'm reading here.

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    ^^^^ Winner Winner free chicken dinner!

Injectin more or less air in the bottle than the amount of liquid being removed, is a recipe for leakage or contamination.

As far as drawing up more juice than you want to deliver, like drawing 1.7 to deliver 1.6 ( he said it backwards but I am sure this is what he meant) that is what I always used to do, and unfortunately I have also advised others on this board to do the same and never been called on it. However after reading your thread today and taking the time to put on my good glasses and examine two syringes it seems clear that the markings on the syringe take the oil lost to the needle into account. If you look at a 3ml syringe the first line is about .05ml from the plunger being bottomed out so the .1ml line is actually .15ml from the end of the syringe so that the oil lost to the syringe is accounted for. On the insulin syringes the first line is much closer to the end of the plunger travel, I would assume because the tiny needle which attached directly to the syringe hold much less volume.

As far as whether the air moves around or not in the syringe? I have no idea never used air to push the AAS out of the syringe, I homebrew so I am probably talking about a dimes worth of gear.
    Good info , thanks.

Are you using a regular 3cc/ml syringe?
    I´m using a 2ml

Man, I can't believe what i'm reading here.
    I´m not wasting gear!
    Have u seen the boys doing Coke in public bathrooms, licking the counter clean, not to miss one grain?
    Once my bottle is empty, I`ll pop off the top, stick my tongue in, and lick the inside..

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

~Haz~
    I'm so with you there. I couldn't imagine being that anal retentive. lol I remember a post a while back someone was saying how much HGH they had wasted over X amount of time due to what is in the needle. LOL

I usually make sure the plunger is pushed down firm for 10 sec plus, let up on it and push it down again. close enough for me IF I even care that much.

BTW I think the people who make the syringes are smart enough to take what is lost I the needle into account otherwise it could lead to legal issues.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 03-07-2011 at 03:37 AM.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Reply with quote is not working so I will repost what I agree with which is Haz's first one.

~Haz~

Thread Information