Shroud83 is offline Junior Member

Cutting: on cycle, or off cycle?

28 y/o, 5'6", 185lbs, bf ~20%.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1698.JPG 
Views:	1669 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	114365

It was my initial plan to start my first cycle this month (test E and deca ) with a focus on gaining lean weight, however after taking a hard look at my bf% and whatnot I've decided to start cutting instead.

I've got my diet and cardio sorted, but my question is, do I continue with my plan of going on a cycle and cut while on cycle, or should I cut naturally (which will take roughly 4-5 months) and then go on a cycle at that time (and increase my food intake to help gain more mass)?

-Shroud
    Last edited by Shroud83; 03-08-2011 at 01:11 PM.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    How tall are you?

I'd rather see you build a more respectable base before hoping on a cycle.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    stay natural as long as possible, strip the bf away to at least 15% lower if you can, it will be worth it more in the long run, I was similar to you last year and squeezed a cycle in before xmas, I know how you feel, its frustrating but you cant build and strip at the same time, after xmas i started to strip again and im now leaner than i was on cycle and feel much better for it.

I knew I was missing something. I'm 5'6".

Any other comments?

awms is offline Senior Member
    Loose the fat first. What looks more impressive? 190lbs guy at 8% bf who can bench 225 or 300lbs guy at 20% bf who can bench 415lbs?

If your over weight and you go on sauce it just makes you look even more over weight...I have a budy who is very over weight and on sauce...looks stupid! he is big but he just looks even fater then he did before. Also he prob already has high bp, cholesterol, ect ect.

Get down to 10-13% bf and you will be very happy you did! your muscle will be more defined, your body will be more vascular, less side effects, and you will look bigger even if you are not because you will have more shape.

Brady Johnson is offline Junior Member
    Strip the fat first for sure

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by rossapplecart View Post
    stay natural as long as possible, strip the bf away to at least 15% lower if you can, it will be worth it more in the long run, I was similar to you last year and squeezed a cycle in before xmas, I know how you feel, its frustrating but you cant build and strip at the same time, after xmas i started to strip again and im now leaner than i was on cycle and feel much better for it.
    yes you can.. it is just a very slow process

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    yes you can.. it is just a very slow process
    ok you can, but I think it would be quicker to strip then build as opposed to a full body recomp (while natural any way) , and it is frustrating not seeing any real results in a reasonable time frame, so I think that a lot would not see the process through to the end .

Isnt that what most BB's do anyway? strip in spring and build in winter ? ok the OP's starting point is slightly different but still the same rules apply right ?

Thread Information