IronDen is offline New Member

Anavar Only Cycle. Day 17. update/questions

Currently running Anavar only cycle. 100mg ed for 7 weeks. 50mg when Rise, other 50mg around 8 hours later.

Current Diet about 43/40/17 Carbs/Protein/Fats. around 3,500cals per day

Height-5"9
    Current weight 185lbs ( 5lb gain since start )
    Age- 24
    BF%- around 13

-Saw Vascularity on day 6, however it hasn't changed. Veins don't bulge, but are clearly visible through skin.

-Strength increase in most exercises, but not all.

- Muscles becoming increasingly hard

Side effects so far: a little bit of acne, and joints starting to hurt. also, lower back pumps up without me even isolating it.

recommendations for treatment of side effects?
    also, what can I expect in upcoming weeks?

any and all advice is appreciated!

also around 3-4 days ago experienced SEVER appetite loss. but realized it might have just been from my lack of cardio the days before that. was doing 15 minutes post workout for the first few weeks, and then stopped. starting back doing the same amount and have been inhaling my meals.

WSC786 is offline Associate Member
    Hey IronDen,

I'm also going to run an Anavar only cycle in a couple of months so I would be interested in your progress. I'm looking at Anavar for more of a cutting cycle. Your at 3500 cals so obviously your not cutting on this cycle. Have you noticed any changes in bf%?? Did you measure yourself before you started? Would like to know if you have lost a % or 2.
    I'm surprised that your getting joint pain from anavar....thats typically a winny thing. What kind of strength gains have you been getting so far?? Being 17 days in I would think that the best is yet to come for you. Most say it really takes about 10-14 days before you really notice any real change in strength.
    I will watch for your updates....please keep us posted.

good luck.

WSC. I wouldn't know exactly the amount of BF% I have lost, as I do not have access to a caliper. The gym where I train only provides the handheld machine, which is highly inaccurate. I have just been gauging myself in the mirror and although I am gaining weight I'm positive it is LBM. I can tell I have lost a decent amount of BF because my Lower Lats are now visible which they weren't prior. Also, my Obliques as well as my upper Abdominals are becoming more increasingly visible as well. Also the love handle region is thinning out. I'm going to take pictures every week but will not upload them. I will look myself and tell you what I see. And although I'm doing this cycle for no one but myself, I can tell Im getting more and more attention from others in the gym, as my muscles are taking on a "harder" look very rapidly.

Also have added 1/2 Inch to both arms, and 1 inch to the Chest

YES! The other day I was doing Box squats and I did more weight on there than I ever had in the past, followed that by barbell lunges and then stiff leg deadlifts. I know the stiff leg deads are supposed to isolate your hammies/glutes/little lower back, but after 3 sets my lower back was rock hard and bulging. we then moved on to standing hamstring curls and i could barely bear the pain of leaning over the pad, so inbetween every set i had to go over to the hyperextension equipment and stretch out. also shoulders seem to be taking on alot of work. never really had this problem before. and elbows seem to be where most of the problem is. I hope this is from the joints not being able to handle the fast gains and not a far worrse problem..

GreenAndWhite is offline New Member
    Blog Entries
    Iron interesting!How will be structured your pct? and what you take well the anavar cycle to
    decline in testosterone ?

Most people go with a couple of weeks of clomid. Hcg wouldn't be necessary. Overall most people have a fairly easy time recovering.

Thx Ironden
    I'll be watching for updates. Hope everything goes well.

ANIMAL is offline Associate Member
    What time of the day do you lift? just curious.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    This sounds interesting as my fiance will be starting her anavar cycle soon.

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    Will keep an eye good luck

ANIMAL is offline Associate Member
    You're taking too many mg per day IMHO and from personal usage. The amount of blood (which can correlate to the "pumps" you feel) that is getting pumped into whatever specific muscle you are exercising is what's causing that feeling (from my experience). I'm not really sure chemically what anavar does, but I know what it feels like when taking just an anavar only cycle. Personally I really like it. But I have experienced the exact same symptoms as far as the muscle tightness.

I've taken 50mg/ED and I've upped my dosage to 80mg/ED and I could not do more then 2 exercises... not because I was tired, but the pumps and muscle tightness was so extreme that it wasn't even worth taking that many mg because I couldn't finish the motion of the lift. I've found that between 50-60mg/ED is perfect. I'm sure when you weigh more, you should take more, but I weigh roughly 172lbs.

B23- I usually train around 2pm. and also I do not have the same luxary as you did to find my "Sweet" spot for the var. it's either 50mg, or 100mg. they are capsules. i will keep doing the 100mg for a full week and train each bodypart but if the side effects increase i will drop down to 50 probably.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronDen View Post
    Currently running Anavar only cycle. 100mg ed for 7 weeks. 50mg when Rise, other 50mg around 8 hours later.

Height-5"9
    Age- 24
    BF%- around 13

-Saw Vascularity on day 6, however it hasn't changed. Veins don't bulge, but are clearly visible through skin.

-Strength increase in most exercises, but not all.

- Muscles becoming increasingly hard

Side effects so far: a little bit of acne, and joints starting to hurt. also, lower back pumps up without me even isolating it.

also, what can I expect in upcoming weeks?

Adding some CREATINE will give you some additional strength and size gains.

Currently taking Jack3d by USP labs for a preworkout. going to stak it with either Animal Rage or Animal M-Stak here soon.

POPS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronDen View Post

Height-5"9
    Age- 24
    BF%- around 13

-Strength increase in most exercises, but not all. THIS WILL SLOWLY INCREASE OVER TIME. NOTHING HUGE BUT WILL GO UP.

- Muscles becoming increasingly hard OH YEAH!

Side effects so far: a little bit of acne, and joints starting to hurt. also, lower back pumps up without me even isolating it. GET YOURSELF SOME NEUTRAGENA BODY SOAP FOR THE ACNE. IT HELP OUT A LOT. START TAKING SOME XTRA FISH OIL AND SOME GLUCOSAMINE FOR THOSE JOINTS. AND DEFINATELY UP YOUR WATER INTAKE

also, what can I expect in upcoming weeks? BY THE END OF THE 3RD WEEK YOU WILL FEEL LIKE A MONSTER. YOU WILL BE PUMPED UP ALL DAY LONG AND IF YOUR DIET AND CARDIO ARE DIALED IN 100% YOU WILL DO JUST FINE. HOWEVER, I THINK THAT 100 MG IS A BIT OVERKILL CONSIDERING THAT WHEN I RAN 80 MG FOR 8 WEEKS I WAS TOLD BY A FEW GUYS THAT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 80 AND 100 WILL BE THE COST!

My recc in bold. For pct I ran clomid and nolva for 4 weeks just because I ran var with tbol. But if I ran var solo I think that a simple 4 weeker of nolva will do just fine.

As far as creatine, I would wait until pct. You want to see and feel the effect of the var solo so you can determine if you made the right choice. Adding creatine might make you wonder " is it the var of the creatine", ya know?

Good luck!

Thanks Pops! and correct me if I'm wrong but, from the research I've read, isn't creatine suppose to enhance the effects of the Var? I hear they work really well together.

GreenAndWhite is offline New Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by POPS View Post
    But if I ran var solo I think that a simple 4 weeker of nolva will do just fine.
    without nothing in the cycle of anavar for the decrease of testosterone ?

day 22. Pops you were right. end of 3rd week. feel like a beast. strength is beginning to skyrocket. acne is gone but joints are still hurting a tad. the pump is awesome too. everytime i cook eggs or beef in the pan my arm becomes pumped just from stirring.

KyleJumpjets is offline Associate Member
    oh man that sounds great! i have a about 6 weeks worth of var @ 50 mg's every day and 10 weeks worth of primo sitting in my room....... thinking of scrapping my test e cycle just to get on the var!

Tough92 is offline Junior Member
    2 questions,I did some light research in the past and now educating myself more on AAS but

1.i though Anavar Only cycles were not recommended(or any oral)
    2.Isnt anavar use to cut?why did you gain weight are you bulking?

tough. i can't give you an answer to number one but for number 2: you can use Anavar to either cut or gain. As anavar is used in a lot of bulking cycles. but when you run it by itself it all depends on your caloric intake/cardio/ training. if you want to cut on it sure you are going to alter your whole regimen accordingly, but still will probably put on a few pounds of muscle while losing all the fat u are trying to lose. now as for using it as a Lean Gainer you are also going to adjust your whole regimen accordingly. concentrating on putting on quality muscle while keeping fat off and burning what you do have. all the gains i hear will stick with you post cycle which is also a plus

well as i do not have an answer to your first question i can say that the people i have talk to, say that VAR is probably the ONLY oral they would run by itself...

danielmaco is offline Junior Member
    Good luck with your cycle bro!

I'll be starting my anavar only cycle on thursday btw, can't wait!

Hey Iron,

Good to hear that the strength is really starting to go up. Keep us in the loop.

Blade15 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck bro.. !!

Thread Information