warren916 is offline Associate Member

Statins and Steroids - Questions

Has anyone ever used statins (Zocor, Lipitor) to combat bad cholesterol sides of steroids ?

Experiences?

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    Lipitor its good, I had cholesterol when I was over weight and did a good job for me.

Spartans09 is offline Member
    Just started zocor a few weeks ago. My hdl was good at 60 but ldl has been getting out of wack over the last year on or off cycle. Fluctuating between 130 and 190. I will take 20mg a day for about 6 weeks and then blood test. IF your worried about cholesterol stay away from var, winny, tren , mast, proviron and any of the dht like or drying steroids . They will absolutely ruin and I mean ruin your cholesterol very quickly-a matter of days. They especially destroy the hdl level.

RaZr is offline Member
    Red Yeast Rice works pretty well just gotta take coq10 with it.

Thanks for the replies.

Im going to use Test E only at 600mg for 12 weeks.

Im thinking i should be alright.

Anyone have any blood pressure issues on test?

Yes. It is very easy to raise blood pressure from test. If you start holding water it will go up. Will you be running an AI to help with this? Liquidex is very good for helping with water retention but oddly it is bad for lipid profile. Aromasin may be a better choice as it does not affect lipids.
    As your test starts to kick in after a couple of weeks you may put on weight rapidly. Chances are this is water and your blood pressure is now jacked.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If you're using orals, your lipids will be destroyed either way, and you'll just be adding that much more stress to your liver.
    + they can cause rhabdomyolysis, which is when your muscles break down and strain your kidneys. Screw that. I'd only use them if I had naturally high cholesterol and needed statins to not die of a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartans09 View Post
    Yes. It is very easy to raise blood pressure from test. If you start holding water it will go up. Will you be running an AI to help with this? Liquidex is very good for helping with water retention but oddly it is bad for lipid profile. Aromasin may be a better choice as it does not affect lipids.
    As your test starts to kick in after a couple of weeks you may put on weight rapidly. Chances are this is water and your blood pressure is now jacked.

Everything iv read says estrogen balance to test is very important for healthy cholesterol.

And lowering estro actually increase LDL and lowers HDL...

I was planning on only using an AI if needed, Aromasin, but i dont wanna ruin my lipids.

Is it worth it?
    Last edited by warren916; 02-21-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Aromasin is pretty potent at reducing estrogen. It will not affect lipids directly. The only way to know where estro is would
    Be to blood test. The other option is to start with a low dose. Maybe 12.5 mg eod. If you start to get estro sides-itchy nipples, hold a lot of water, then bump Up the dose or the frequency. Conversely, if you end up being very sensitive to aromasin you will be able to tell if you lower estrogen too low and it sucks. You would feel a little spaced out and not yourself for most of the day. Dial it back.

Panamera is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartans09 View Post
    Aromasin is compatible with Nolva as well in case there are any estro sides. If you run nolva and Ldex at the same time the nolva becomes almost ineffective from the info that I have found on here.

Pete75 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by warren916 View Post
    Has anyone ever used statins (Zocor, Lipitor) to combat bad cholesterol sides of steroids ?

Experiences?
    Statins are totally useless and dangerous!!!! So never use them...

Microbrew is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZr View Post
    Red Yeast Rice works pretty well just gotta take coq10 with it.
    That's only if you get it out of the USA. The fda or Gov made all companies take out the active ingredient (statin) that lowers cholesterol. I think the only way to get the legit RYR is to order it overseas.

Before even thinking of lowering cholesterol I really would recommend you read some of those books:

http://www.ravnskov.nu/cholesterol.htm

You will soon find out that men with higher cholesterol will live longer and the whole cholesterol thing is big myth and we should start thinking of it.. There is already so much evidence that cholesterol is not causing blood vessel damage and heart disease....

-Pete

RaZr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Microbrew View Post
    That's only if you get it out of the USA. The fda or Gov made all companies take out the active ingredient (statin) that lowers cholesterol. I think the only way to get the legit RYR is to order it overseas.
    Is this true? I was unaware thanks for the knowledge I kind of feel like an idiot now lol

Quote Originally Posted by RaZr View Post
    Is this true? I was unaware thanks for the knowledge I kind of feel like an idiot now lol

Let me comment also this rice thing... First of all the rice here is not red - Monascus purpureus yeast is red there.. This color has been used for decades in Chinese kitchen - for example coloring the Peking Duck... This red mysterious thing here is actually the same thing that statin.. The molecule structure is similar than lovastan, which is the substance of Mevacor medicine.. The side effects are same than in any statin medicine..

US Military investigates all poisons in the world and this rice popped up some day because the animals which eat it dies... It was found that the rice contains substance which blocked the function of HMG-CoA reductase enzyme... This enzyme is important for producing cholesterol. After this business men got an great idea that we can me money from this - small change to molecule so that it can be patented and new drug was born!! After that we have been living under biggest medical lie in history... All people who are aware of the side effects of statins should never touch this rice.. But those who think it's good for you and it makes you live longer - Bon Apetit!!!

-Pete
    Last edited by Pete75; 03-09-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Thread Information