Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~

Roid Rage not a myth

You just let some of these wifes or girlfriends.Who dont know wats going on.And they find your stash.Then tell me if Roid Rage is a MythYour wife will be the one haveing some Roid Rage
    Last edited by songdog; 03-10-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Its a myth. The reaction to your emotions is that of your own. It DOES NOT cause a sudden uncontrollable outburst of anger.

I don't have these huge anger problems and when I do get angry, sad, depressed I'm mature enough to know how to handle these in a positive fashion.

A good portion of the steroid using population does not seem to have this maturity. Really I see age does not play a factor, they can be 18 or 45 and still act childish.

Thing is though I see people act out of anger and they don't take steroids . Again age doesn't play a role, can be 18, 30, or 45.

Its boils down to intellect
    Last edited by Reed; 03-10-2011 at 12:54 PM.

You did read the thread bro!

Yes I read the thread. Yes it is a fact that AAS do increase feeling of aggression.

People with mental disorders should NOT take AAS, thats reasonable. The point I try to make to people and I don't just talk about steroids is that your reaction to your emotions

is that of your own.

I live with two roommates and have taken tren WHILE in contest prep. They'll be the first to tell you I'm not an angry, aggressive person. I try to be more personable, intelligent,

and humble. Thats the persona Id like to give off
    Last edited by Reed; 03-10-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Got your message bro. Yeah I see what you are saying now.

I thought that if wives/gf don't know whats going on then they find your stash that they'll then understand why you've been so angry.

I got you

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Testosterone , Nandrolone and related steroids cannot, repeat CANNOT alter one brain's synapsis in any way simply because hormones do not work that way.

What we may experience it is an increased level of aggression given by the raise of androgens mostly.

Not even neurohormones work that way.
    Last edited by BJJ; 03-11-2011 at 02:56 AM.

BJJ
    So OP, you can be sure if you lose control AAS have nothing to do with it.
    Therefore, you know who to blame for.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    ive never read any studies. but if you think you get roid rage . its only cause your head wasnt screwed on in the first place lol.

karate-bjj is offline Junior Member
    getting angry on roids doesn't even come close to the rage of the gf when she finds the stash :P

I think I'm even calmer on cycle then I was off...

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    It does increase aggression but if your a dickhead it will make you into a bigger one.

Fevershock is offline Junior Member
    I personally find that when I'm on, I sometimes get irritated more quickly. These situations irritate me normally, but just reach 'that' point faster. But all out, rage, causing a scene, not me, that's not in my DNA.

Sounds like you need a new hiding spot Songdog :-)

pavlenko is offline Banned
    when i ran tren i found myself snapping at things i usually wouldnt of made such a fuss about, specially road rage AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTFO MY WAY ! = )

Back2Big is offline New Member
    Advice I got from a seasoned vet back on my first cycle and it agrees with a few of the opinions above. He told me If I was an ass to begin with I would be a bigger ass. However, he always knew mentally that he was on the 'juice". So to agree with one of the above statements it made him calmer knowing what he was doing. I took this advice and reminded myself daily of what I was doing. Never an issue.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    It does increase aggression but if your a dickhead it will make you into a bigger one.
    ^^^This.. just as alcohol would, but i think a few shots of alcohol makes you worse of an asshole than a gram of test would

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I've never noticed any rage on steroids . I'm not even more aggressive, perfectly calm. I think it's really that people are programmed in to thinking that any anger caused by any reason is really the result of the steroid use . Similar things happened with pot.

Shroud83 is offline Junior Member
    LMAO... did you guys read the OP's post? He's saying that your wife/girlfriend is going to be having "roid rage " when she finds your stash that you've been hiding and she flips out on you. No doubt this thread is a result of the many recent "How to hide roid use from my girlfriend" threads.

-Shroud

sportfan33 is offline Associate Member
    Roids are like money...it makes you more of what you already are! You can take that one to the BANK!

n00bs is offline Member
    Alot of misinformation here and sadly some is from vets.. Roid rage can be real if e2 is not properly managed... Get e2 a few times over range and it's boom time...

It has nothing to do with " thoughts feelings" because all our emotions really are is chemicals or nerves... Yes some people with have a more pre disposition to certain emotions based on brain chemistry neurotransmitters and hormone levels but remember they all interact with each other and just because 1 person doesn't feel it does not mean hormones do not have behavioral changing properties.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Whatever it is...I LIKE IT!!! LOL!!! Funny thing is, I haven't done a real cycle since 07, but I do remember the feelings of increased aggression. I think it's the ability to control those emotions that lead to the thought of the mythological 'roid rage '. I've been on TRT since 09. I'm going to do a major cycle later this year in preparation for the Olympia strongman challenge, I can hardly wait!!!
    Last edited by BgMc31; 03-10-2011 at 07:36 PM.

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Its NOT a myth IMO. PPL on the boards like to pretend steroids are flintstone vitamins. They are not. High androgen levels and hormon levels in general will change behavour patterns and make you more aggresive and fluctuating levels will cause ups and downs and depresion etc. Its not like uneducated ppl think it is where you black out and go on a violent rampage but to pretend there is nothing there is false.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bs View Post
    Alot of misinformation here and sadly some is from vets.. Roid rage can be real if e2 is not properly managed... Get e2 a few times over range and it's boom time...

It has nothing to do with " thoughts feelings" because all our emotions really are is chemicals or nerves... Yes some people with have a more pre disposition to certain emotions based on brain chemistry neurotransmitters and hormone levels but remember they all interact with each other and just because 1 person doesn't feel it does not mean hormones do not have behavioral changing properties.

^^^^this

When I ran 1 gr of test suspension, 600mg of tren and 40mg of halo??? Ummm yeah, try that and tell me there is no such thing as roid rage. If something didnt go perfectly for me I wld loose my friggen mind, I cld control myself BUT I had to take a walk and cool off cause I cldnt even think straight.
    Last edited by gymnerd; 03-10-2011 at 08:14 PM.

2jz_calgary is offline Senior Member
    I have a bad temper as it is. When im on i can feel my aggression levels however i somehow have an easier time controlling them while on steroids . Probably because i tell myself my hormone levels are higher and i should settle down lol.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Why do you. put periods. in the middle of a sentence? that is annoying to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Why do you. put periods. in the middle of a sentence? that is annoying to read.

Lower your dose.... I think U have... the RoId RaGe ....maybe

2jz_calgary is offline Senior Member
    hah.haha.haha.haha

alpenguy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    You just let some of these wifes or girlfriends.Who dont know wats going on.And they find your stash.Then tell me if Roid Rage is a MythYour wife will be the one haveing some Roid Rage
    Butt. When yu spell things. wrong too. it puts me over the toppp.

calstate23 is offline Banned
    I'd have to disagree with a lot of people on this topic....

I do believe it mostly has to do with ones ability to control their emotions, but people lose their temper all the time that are NOT on steroids , we all have.

We have all been so angry, upset, or just plain pissed off in life to the point where we have succumbed to our emotions and let them get the best of us without steroids.

If I'm truly angry I do feel it going to the next level where you truly have to have a ton of self control not to lose it. Again, we have all had that feeling NOT on steroids but we all break sometimes and steroids just makes it that much easier to get to that state of losing control. Again, it is all in the persons hands but we are all people and sometimes its hard to be pushed to that extra intense level of anger and not lose control.

Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    Got your message bro. Yeah I see what you are saying now.

I thought that if wives/gf don't know whats going on then they find your stash that they'll then understand why you've been so angry.

I got you

I do believe it mostly has to do with ones ability to control their emotions, but people lose their temper all the time that are NOT on steroids , we all have.

We have all been so angry, upset, or just plain pissed off in life to the point where we have succumbed to our emotions and let them get the best of us without steroids.

If I'm truly angry I do feel it going to the next level where you truly have to have a ton of self control not to lose it. Again, we have all had that feeling NOT on steroids but we all break sometimes and steroids just makes it that much easier to get to that state of losing control. Again, it is all in the persons hands but we are all people and sometimes its hard to be pushed to that extra intense level of anger and not lose control.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bs View Post

Quote Originally Posted by gymnerd View Post
    ^^^^this

When I ran 1 gr of test suspension, 600mg of tren and 40mg of halo??? Ummm yeah, try that and tell me there is no such thing as roid rage. If something didnt go perfectly for me I wld loose my friggen mind, I cld control myself BUT I had to take a walk and cool off cause I cldnt even think straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by calstate23 View Post

So you are saying that you lose control over yourself and have a psychotic episode that only the drug is responsible for. Not from your decision to go with that emotion and react on impulse. Not saying it can't cause it can be behavior changing however you still are in fully aware state and are responsible for your own actions

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    i think a lot of ppl missed the sarcasm from the OP. cant get enough of roid rage discussion though!

So you are saying that you lose control over yourself and have a psychotic episode that only the drug is responsible for. Not from your decision to go with that emotion and react on impulse. Not saying it can't cause it can be behavior changing however you still are in fully aware state and are responsible for your own actions
    No, all I am saying is that you have lost control of your emotions more then once in your life NOT on steroids ...Everyone has we are human.

And yes, it is my and your ability to control our emotions but sometimes we fail. And all I am saying is it makes it that much easier to fail when you are on steroids because it can put you one notch higher..

For instance, let's say you are super angry not on steroids...Let's say your anger level is at a 7. Now let's say you are just as angry but you are on steroids. Your anger level that was once at 7 might be at a 9 now for the same event.

So in the end its up to us, but again we are all people and sometimes we break. Steroids just makes it that much easier.

Boy this didnt turn out as planned.

Yes I agree on that fact. But I think maybe many have different definitions of what roid rage is. I've read it has an uncontrollable almost psychotic episode. Similar to something like sleep walking crimes where people act out their violent dreams.

This has been proven to be false. Just go to pubmed and type in roid rage. HOWEVER it does lead to increase levels of aggression and the likelyhood that one will respond to a provoking situation in a violent, aggressive, dominating matter.

I've been there myself. One tren during contest prep low carb. I've wanted smack the shit outta somebody on something that usually won't bother me.

alpenguy is offline Junior Member
    The point is quite clear, you are adding HORMONES to your body. ANABOLIC hormones, that will indeed accentuate your given mood. Have too much estrogen and you'll be crying at soap operas. I would have to say that everyone who has been in the meat of their cycle gets pretty pumped and aggressive in their workouts...breathing hard, feeling it. Isn't that why we do it? I don't hear of people cycling 16 weeks of estrogen, because we want to feel invincible. And sadly that can cross over to the social life

Well, I guess Im not sure what the official definition of roid rage is. I will say that on a heavy cycle if I was to get into a situation that caused me lto loose my temper under normal circumstances could very well send me over the edge alot faster while ON and I am not lacking any self control Im just being honest abt it. Yes, a fit of rage could possibly happen under circumstances with or without drugs involved but more likely on steroids than off. Thats all im sayin. I would say that in my oppinion it makes a it more likely of happening.

On a cruise dose of test im a happy guy that loves to joke around, on heavy doses of tren im a fukin lunatic in every sense of the word. Im distant from ppl, I act and think weird thoughts and am far more likely to fly off the handle. With that said no, I dont black out and commit horrible crimes wake up covered in dear blood with no recollection of where I have been the day after.

To me it would almost seem to be a yes and no answer. Increased testosterone levels do lead to increased aggression and in some cases people who are on steroids will do

things they wouldn't normally do since their aggression is chemically higher.

Now is the term medically document or exist to a certainty documented by the medically community?

Nope There is no cause effect model therefore the term "roid rage " is false in a medical sense.

In the real world this is different and we can see roid rage everyday. You will see an athlete train with a increased level of aggression not possible without chemical

assistance. However this is controllable. We all possess greater urges and desires but the choice to act upon them is still just that- a choice

n00bs is offline Member
    No i am not saying that....

I dont beleive roid rage is this go insane murder family black out media rubbish.

It simply feels like the camels back has been loaded with concrete instead of straws sometimes and any little thing can bring on the end. No it isnt a decision where you go " oh im going to be angry now".. I am only speaking from my experiences and experiences from others i know...

It might be like smoking pot some people do it once "boom" insane others do it forever and justly slowly get stupid...

Everyone is different and i cant speak for all. However i know that it definetly increases aggitation/aggresive/alpha male behaviour and feelings.

n00bs is offline Member
    To me it would almost seem to be a yes and no answer. Increased testosterone levels do lead to increased aggression and in some cases people who are on steroids will do

Now is the term medically document or exist to a certainty documented by the medically community?
    Nope There is no cause effect model therefore the term "roid rage " is false in a medical sense.

In the real world this is different and we can see roid rage everyday. You will see an athlete train with a increased level of aggression not possible without chemical

assistance. However this is controllable. We all possess greater urges and desires but the choice to act upon them is still just that- a choice

Just because the medical establishment has not said "this is roid rage" does not mean it doesnt exist...

Define medical community? So many studies show androgens effects and role on aggresion.. Now have androgens 5 times top of range and its common sense. I cant think of any case in nature where you have superphysiological dosages of androgens simply running through you. We are playing around with body chemistry alot of things will be changes. Saying oh simply control your anger isnt rational. Its like sucking someone dry of serotonin and telling them not to be depressed... You are giving them a drug and there will be a reaction. Now as i said everyone has different neurotransmitter/hormone balance everything effects everybody differently. Even something as simple as an event can effect people differently. So giving them an agression increasing compound 5 times over normal dosage may cause some kind of an outburst.

Im suprised when people think it cant happen?

BJJ

Nope There is no cause effect model therefore the term "roid rage" is false in a medical sense.

Finally somebody said that and I am glad it came from a Vet.

Guys, document yourself simply studying the effects of hormones in our organism.
    AAS do not alter or interfere with our synapsis in any way or case.

Roid rage, therefore, was created by those who could not explain why they acted differently while on steroids.
    Those, who are simply ignorant (not informed).
    Last edited by BJJ; 03-11-2011 at 02:56 AM.

n00bs is offline Member
    As stated before get e2 a few times above range and see what happens...

Anyone who has lived with a women with pmdd would know thisl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information