excelate is offline Junior Member

Some advice on my second cycle please... Anavar/Test Cyp.

Im 24 5' 8" 180lbs about 14% BF...I have been working out most of my life..last summer I did my first cycle ever which was 500mg of test cyp. a week. I had great gains in both muscle mass and strength. I am looking to start a cycle of Test cyp. 500 mg a week and anavar 50mg ED (to help keep me hard and cut). What do you guys think about this? How long should I run it. Should I use the anavar at the start of the cycle or end? Thanks guys

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    10-12 weeks is a pretty standard cycle length for a long ester.

I'd run the var at the end up the cycle, right up to PCT, while the test ester is clearing.

Planned PCT?

Fetch is offline Member
    Depends on how much var you have on hand. It's rather expensive, so most don't have a ton of it. Like D7M said, you should run it at the end of your cycle. 50mg/day is a little on the low side, in my opinion. I've only gotten decent results with 75+ mg/day, and prefer 100... but everyone is different.

POPS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetch View Post
    Depends on how much var you have on hand. It's rather expensive, so most don't have a ton of it. Like D7M said, you should run it at the end of your cycle. 50mg/day is a little on the low side, in my opinion. I've only gotten decent results with 75+ mg/day, and prefer 100... but everyone is different.
    agree. 60-80mg/day for the last 6 weeks should be fine...D7M, agree??

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by POPS View Post
    agree. 60-80mg/day for the last 6 weeks should be fine...D7M, agree??
    Agreed!

60-80mg, and could run it for 8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    10-12 weeks is a pretty standard cycle length for a long ester.

I'd run the var at the end up the cycle, right up to PCT, while the test ester is clearing.

Planned PCT?
    I planned on going with pheednos pct, thats what i did last cycle. So I shouldn't use the var in the beginning of the cycle as a "jump start"?

Ok so I will up the dosage to 60 mg. Being my first time using var I will see how it affects me first before going any higher with the dosage. Ill keep the var at 6 weeks. Would it be better using a different test rather then the cyp?

Fetch is offline Member
    Nah, you are fine with Cyp. As for using the var as a kickstart, it is generally preffered to use it at the end instead. Anavar is great for cutting fat, and putting up small, sustainable gains. It does not make a very good kickstart for this reason... but it is ideally suited to end your cycle with. If you are eating correctly, you will likely gain some fat from the beginning of your cycle, and the var at the end will help to counteract this.

boss4romdabay is offline Associate Member
    Last edited by boss4romdabay; 08-28-2020 at 09:26 AM.

Fetch is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fetch View Post
    Nah, you are fine with Cyp. As for using the var as a kickstart, it is generally preffered to use it at the end instead. Anavar is great for cutting fat, and putting up small, sustainable gains. It does not make a very good kickstart for this reason... but it is ideally suited to end your cycle with. If you are eating correctly, you will likely gain some fat from the beginning of your cycle, and the var at the end will help to counteract this.
    Wouldn't that mean that if taken at the beginning, it would help keep fat gains down. The reason I want to take it at the start of the cycle is because I read you feel it working a lot faster then you would feel the test kicking in and I would want it to help me cut just a little bit. I am not trying to make massive gains in muscle, just slight ones while staying cut.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by excelate View Post
    Wouldn't that mean that if taken at the beginning, it would help keep fat gains down. The reason I want to take it at the start of the cycle is because I read you feel it working a lot faster then you would feel the test kicking in and I would want it to help me cut just a little bit. I am not trying to make massive gains in muscle, just slight ones while staying cut.
    It's really going to come down to your diet plan. How is that looking?

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    It's really going to come down to your diet plan. How is that looking?
    Well I'm starting my diet up now and don't plan to start the cycle for another month. I always eat healthy but now I am going to fine tune it. I like the results I see with eating 5 small meals a day. Eggs (whole egg), turkey, turkey bacon, grilled chicken, lean red meats, fish, almonds, soy crisps, protein shakes/soy milk, some pasta, amino acid supps, glutamine supp, etc... I'm pissed though because I have shoulder impingement (find out
    more after my MRI) and haven't been able to work out for over a week but it's starting to get better now.

POPS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by excelate View Post
    Well I'm starting my diet up now and don't plan to start the cycle for another month. I always eat healthy but now I am going to fine tune it. I like the results I see with eating 5 small meals a day. Eggs (whole egg), turkey, turkey bacon, grilled chicken, lean red meats, fish, almonds, soy crisps, protein shakes/soy milk, some pasta, amino acid supps, glutamine supp, etc... I'm pissed though because I have shoulder impingement (find out
    more after my MRI) and haven't been able to work out for over a week but it's starting to get better now.
    Ok then. You need to get into the diet forum first and get that diet down where it needs to be. You will need one of the guys to fine tune your macros so you know that you will getting the CORRECT FOODS AT THE CORRECT TIMES OF THE DAY.

B E F O R E

you start your cycle.....

see you in the diet forum!

I didn't mean I needed help to fine tune it. I meant I myself have to tailor my diet to meet my goals. I know how to do that and the proper ways, I am just saying I have to adjust my current eating habits accordingly.

I decided I am going to use the var at the beginning of my cycle. I was told I might have some better results if I also stack proviron , what do you guys think?

Thread Information