joejoe29 is offline New Member

26 Week cycle, to long?

Just a question in regards to cycle length. I was wondering what everybody's thoughts were on taking Test Enanthate for a 26 week cycle, now before everybody gets there panty's in a knot I know generally speaking this course would run for approx 12 weeks and I myself have around three or four cycles of test at 12 weeks under my belt but was wondering if anybody had experience running it for 26 weeks. I know sometimes pro's stay on for a year maybe more at a time due to magazine, show and posing committments but they are on a much higher dose. I am currently dosing 1200mgs of Test weekly but would drop that dose to 800mgs weekly at week 12 and probably reduce to around 500mgs arounf weeks 14 or 15 for the remainding 10 weeks or so. I started the cycle accompanied by 50 mgs of dbol daily for the first five weeks of the cycle. I have all the pct sorted just want honest/constructive and legitimate opinions on this cycle length. Cheers.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    You do not explain the reason why such a long cycle.
    In any case, you are not a BBs, so it is way too much.

I didn't think the reason for taking such a long cycle is relevant to the question asked, just wanted facts or opinions based on experience. I AM IN FACT A PROFESSIONAL ATHELETE but that has no bearing on the reasons for this long cycle. I want to take this cycle length for an abundance of reasons and would appreciate reasons for why it would be to much based on knowledge not hear say. I know it is a long cycle as stated, and it is way to much for what? dont understand. Please dont misundserstand what I am saying as I appreciate your feedback but it is quite vaigue and seems very opinionated. I have years of experience with anaobolics and just wanted other opinions of people who might have tried or have someone close to them that have. Just saying it is way to much doesnt help me out at all. Thanks truly for your reply and once again not trying to throw it back in your face at all just need information not opinions with no explanations. Cheers.

BJJ
    You want me to be verbose and fussy? I like that but I expect from you the same attitude.
    So, first off let's talk about your stats.

One reason for cycle length is that I have something in the beginning of August that I want to be full for and maintain my current strength, the problem is that I am currently on week 7 of my injections. By the time week 12 comes I will be around 12 weeks out from date. My body will not recover by then to stop and start and a new cycle and as my natural test supply has probably shut down a while back at these doses. I was wondering if there was difference, my testies shut down already and I will have to use pct to restart naturally so I was wondering the difference medically for 12 weeks as oppossed to 24-26 in this regard. I didn't miss time the cycle by the way just had other obligations that required me to start at this time. Cheers mate.

BJJ
    ^^^
    Too risky in regard of your HPTA.
    I would quit your cycle now and go on PCT accordingly and then start a new cycle with short esters by the middle of July.
    How do you know your organism "will not recover by then"? Is is a personal evolution the recovery from a cycle. Just be sure to have blood work to validate it.

I did not understand your stats!

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    At 26 weeks, you'll have been injecting yourself for half a year. What are the odds at that point for a full HPTA recovery (seriously, does anyone know)? I'm guessing you're going to end up on TRT.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Not all pro's stay on cycle all year, I know one who comes off and follows time off time on protocol and infact he uses very little mgs per week and then I know another who does stay on all year round cycling up from a hrt dose. Ive done 6 month cycles before and they can cause some serious recovery issues and many sides along the way. Staying on cycle for 6 months or 12 months doesn't mean bigger or better gains, if it did I would be 500lbs+ at 4% bf. Normally the guys who do stay on will cycle right down to a HRT dose which will maintain gains and help to further gains again once they start upping the dose, but if you aren't being paid for your body or competing at a high level do you really want to risk the sides what comes with staying on cycle!

Are you competing?
    what are your goals?
    have you considered the risks involved?
    does being on hrt for life worry you?

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by joejoe29 View Post
    Just a question in regards to cycle length. I was wondering what everybody's thoughts were on taking Test Enanthate for a 26 week cycle, now before everybody gets there panty's in a knot I know generally speaking this course would run for approx 12 weeks and I myself have around three or four cycles of test at 12 weeks under my belt but was wondering if anybody had experience running it for 26 weeks. I know sometimes pro's stay on for a year maybe more at a time due to magazine, show and posing committments but they are on a much higher dose. I am currently dosing 1200mgs of Test weekly but would drop that dose to 800mgs weekly at week 12 and probably reduce to around 500mgs arounf weeks 14 or 15 for the remainding 10 weeks or so. I started the cycle accompanied by 50 mgs of dbol daily for the first five weeks of the cycle. I have all the pct sorted just want honest/constructive and legitimate opinions on this cycle length. Cheers.
    1. A 26 week cycle is way too long, regardless of what may be the supporting ideas & reasons behind it.

2. I think you have made a drastic mistake by not having employed HCG (Pregnyl) shots from the very beginning for your highly-aromatizing Test E cycle, concerning your testicular function and hence the continuum of production of endogenous testosterone , although to a limited extent. In a later response below, you stated you have run cycles before and that you are professional chemical athlete who is familiar with AAS. However, now your testes have already shrunken before you hit the half way through your cycle (which is expected, of course) and now you want to go on with your cycle for another 14 weeks of total HTPA shutdown. Well, that is not exactly the dictionary definition of intelligence now, is it?

3. What is your logic behind pyramiding down the dosage from 1200 mg per week to 800 mg at week 12 and then to 500 mg at around weeks 14 or 15? Not that it cannot be done, but it is a mystery to me since you have not explained why and I would like to know why exactly.

4. You are going to have to run a very solid PCT after your 26 week cycle and I hope you realize it. Also, chances are high that you may not be able to fully recover from HTPA shutdown at that point. Moreover, you should be also psychologically preparing yourself for the inevitable end that you will be starting to loose a great deal of your cycle gains once your PCT starts.

5. There are several research made, showing us that most muscle gain is made during the first six weeks of a AAS course (in fact, more than 90% of the gains in total lean body mass and skeletal muscle strength are achieved by week 6). Thus, many doctors who supervise steroids users recommend short-duration courses, emphasizing that after 4-6 weeks you don’t build up much extra muscle on steroids.

6. At this point, my personal opinion is that you should stop, let your body recover and make sure you retain as much as possible of the extra muscle mass you have gained.

Good luck with recovery!
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 03-09-2011 at 04:26 AM. Reason: additions

Cheers guys, much appreciated truly. I will take all info on board and keep updated on what goes on and how my body is recovering/reacting. I am 29 years old 5'10 and currently weigh a lean 208lbs haven't tested body fat in a few months but I am probably sitting around 8% right now. I am competing professionally at a high level but not in bodybuilding and that is all I wish to say about that at this point in time. Also my goals are to have the same strength and mass in the beggining of August without losing to much in between, I understand that it is a little of a have your cake and eat it to situation. Also I have considered all risks involved and do not wish to be on anything for the remainder of my life. My problem is that I lose 85% of my gains within 5 months regardless of PCT diet and training, my body just will not hold the mass, regardless. Thanks again everyone all info is much appreciated and taken on board. Thanks again.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Cheers guys, much appreciated truly. I will take all info on board and keep updated on what goes on and how my body is recovering/reacting. I am 29 years old 5'10 and currently weigh a lean 208lbs haven't tested body fat in a few months but I am probably sitting around 8% right now. I am competing professionally at a high level but not in bodybuilding and that is all I wish to say about that at this point in time. Also my goals are to have the same strength and mass in the beggining of August without losing to much in between, I understand that it is a little of a have your cake and eat it to situation. Also I have considered all risks involved and do not wish to be on anything for the remainder of my life. My problem is that I lose 85% of my gains within 5 months regardless of PCT diet and training, my body just will not hold the mass, regardless. Thanks again everyone all info is much appreciated and taken on board. Thanks again.
    Although you say regardless of Diet Ill bet diet is exactly the problem. 209 lbs is not that much for 5' 10", it's a good lean weight but not any where near natural potential so maintaining it must be diet related. You really should look more into the diet and less into the gear. It's cheaper and healthier.

low intelegence and bad diet, sweet. I do not claim to be a know it all and in fact I do not (the reason why I am on here in the first place. As for my diet it is absolutely perfect, beleive me you. I have no other way of saying it, I actually have access to a nutrtionist and use her quite often, peoples body's react differently period. I don't know how being less than 10% percent body fat at 208lbs at 5'10 isnt really big considering Aarnold was only an inch taller and about 20lbs heavier as a 5 time Mr. O. Regardless of all of that I have never said that I was in fact going to take a 26 week cycle as oppossed to trying to gage people experience with this cycle length so along with my research I could make an educated decision. Testie will shut down regardless of length its about getting experienced members to tell me about their experience getting them started back up and if it is in fact possible. The logic behind why I would taper down is simple, I understand that most of the gains are done in the first 6 weeks and i didnt think a high dose was neccessary throughout as I am not trying to get much bigger as oppossed to maintain. I have D day (day cycle will stop) marked on the calendar and I always prepare myself mentally and physcially for the drop off at the end of the cycle. i am not saying that I am going to take this cycle for this long nor did I ever claim to be a professioanl chemical Athelete. I am a professinal athethe, period, with or without AAS. I really appreciate all the feedback honestly and don't want to come across as defensive as this is not the case, every word from every sentence written above has been taken on board and appreciated, however I am less interested in personal opinions and more interested in personal experience. Cheers guys. Thanks a bunch.

And thanks for the well wishes guys truly appreciated.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You know what's funny? In the time I have been here most every time someone mentioned a nutritionist said this or that it was a joke. No not literally a joke, the nutritional advise SUCKED. Sorry I dont have much faith in so called nutritional and believe more in real life experience from the people here.

If what you say it true then it should be easy for you to post up your diet including Macros in the diet section to have a quick look and see what the gurus there have to say. PLEASE...

thebigfella is offline Associate Member
    agreed

alpenguy is offline Junior Member
    i have been on that long before with stopping twice for two week periods. kinda based on Ronnies slingshot method. What I noticed other than the inability to recover fully is that the gear kinda stopped working. I knew it was time to stop. Not advised

Mate I have no problem posting my diet and will do so tonight after work and training if I have time if not will do tomorrow. I am always up for people on hear taking a look at what I am doing and giving their personal opinion based on their experience(s) thats why I am here. just roughly I intake around 5,000 calories a day with about 200 grams protein daily and all carbs are complex. I do not eat anything that is processed or any refined sugars at all period and this is my diet calorie intake aside on or off the cycle. as I have said I have no problem posting full diet and will do so for you to have a look (and will appreciate yours and everybodies elses comments on the subject) at I just didn't think I would post everything about everything as I just wanted people to tell me how it went when they or someone they knew was on a cycle that length. Thanks again guys appreciate all feedback.

sorry, here not hear and 200+ grams of protein

BJJ
    Mate I have no problem posting my diet and will do so tonight after work and training if I have time if not will do tomorrow. I am always up for people on hear taking a look at what I am doing and giving their personal opinion based on their experience(s) thats why I am here. just roughly I intake around 5,000 calories a day with about 200 grams protein daily and all carbs are complex. I do not eat anything that is processed or any refined sugars at all period and this is my diet calorie intake aside on or off the cycle. as I have said I have no problem posting full diet and will do so for you to have a look (and will appreciate yours and everybodies elses comments on the subject) at I just didn't think I would post everything about everything as I just wanted people to tell me how it went when they or someone they knew was on a cycle that length. Thanks again guys appreciate all feedback.
    ^^^
    Well, from a first view you eat too less protides, considering your stats.
    Also, you ingest a crazy amount of Kcalories from glucides and lipides.
    In conclusion, from what you still have to write down, I can tell you already your diet has to be reviewed.

Alright everyone thanks for the help. I will indeed stick to the 12 week cycle as intended. I will wait 12 weeks before starting another. I knew that this was the best thnig to do intially I was just trying to find a reason to justify going longer I guess, on top of that I have never done anything longer than a 12 week cycle in the past so was trying to gage other peoples expeience. Thanks again truly. Cheers.

dirtybrd is offline Associate Member
    All a long cycle will do is allow you to keep your gains from the first 10-12 weeks. I just did a 24 weeks cycle. I didnt plan on it. I went through some personal stuff and didnt want to lose my gains and then be worried about that to. So VERY LUCKILY, I recovered fine by slowly lowering my dosage every two weeks and then using 15000iu of HCG spread out over about 3 weeks. Just by lowering my dosage I felt my balls kick back on, they were sore for about 4-5 days. I havent used any other PCT and it's been 2 months, Ive kept most of my gains, strength, etc. No erection or sex drive issues either. But like I said, Im VERY LUCKY!!! BTW, Im 37

Thread Information