YelaWolf is offline New Member

Substitution to accutane?

Ive had mild acne since I was 16, I am currently 27.
    I get maybe 1-2 bad break-outs a year and im fed up, Ive been acne free
    for the last year but since I just ran my first cycle which finished in Febuary (last month) Ive gotten breakouts on my back, chest, shoudlers and mildly on my face.

Ive got an appointment with a dermatologist next week and Ive been researching alot about accutane, but in my case I dont think Ill be able to get it perscribed due to my moderate acne.

Has anyone heard/been on a correspondent drug to accutane that is in canadian pharms? if so, whats it called and how was your experience with it? (how long, dosage, sides, outcome ect.)

Appreciate the feedback!

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    i used dial antibacterial dishwashing soap

Quote Originally Posted by number twelve View Post
    i used dial antibacterial dishwashing soap
    I actually heard of this working along with toothpaste and some other home remedies.
    Im looking for more prescription though, to get rid of it for good!

Eazy20 is offline Member
    I was put on minocycline back when I was around 15. Worked great for me

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy20 View Post
    I was put on minocycline back when I was around 15. Worked great for me
    Im going to look that up, never heard of it.

What was the term, dosage and your experience with it?
    did yu break out during, how long have yu been off it and have you not had one breakout?

RaZr is offline Member
    I hate the cyclines like mino tetra and doxy, make me feel like a cancer patient, I just feel like total ass. The only time I would take them is for Lyme which the ass feeling i get is far better then the pain of Lyme.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZr View Post
    I hate the cyclines like mino tetra and doxy, make me feel like a cancer patient, I just feel like total ass. The only time I would take them is for Lyme which the ass feeling i get is far better then the pain of Lyme.
    Im guessing youve been on each other these?
    your acne must come back, so these havent really worked for you?

Eazy20 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YelaWolf View Post
    Im going to look that up, never heard of it.

What was the term, dosage and your experience with it?
    did yu break out during, how long have yu been off it and have you not had one breakout?
    I was on it for a few years. I believe it was 100mg/day? but I could be terribly wrong. It was awhile ago. I never really broke out on it, but I would get the occasional blemish. I've been off it for about...6 years now? I don't break out anymore, unless I'm on cycle, then I'll get a little bit of backne.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZr
    I hate the cyclines like mino tetra and doxy, make me feel like a cancer patient, I just feel like total ass.
    Odd, I didn't notice any changes at all in my overall feeling of well-being.

RaZr is offline Member
    Im guessing youve been on each other these?
    your acne must come back, so these havent really worked for you?
    My acne always comes back, I wanted accutane but I use the VA and they don't want to prescribe it.

Also in the pamphlet with Minocycline it said not to go to sleep within an hour of taking it, I found that weird.

@Eazy20 3 years is a while to be on acne medication imho, but it seemed to work for you. But again, everyones skin is different.

@RaZr See ive researched alot about accutane and everyone who ran it around 3-6 months, 40-60 MG ED had no more acne while on or since they finished there dosage in their specific time period. This is also years afterwords of not having ANY pimples, it is definitely the ultimate acne medication minus the sides that not everyone gets.

I am going to push hard to get on accutane, ill know next weekend.
    Even though ive only got mild im just going to have to charm the doc lol
    I wonder if theres a different generic name for accutane in canada, gunna have to look into that a bit more.

Eazy20 is offline Member
    @Eazy20 3 years is a while to be on acne medication imho, but it seemed to work for you. But again, everyones skin is different.
    I wasn't on it for the entire 3 years. I came off it a few times and went back on. If I were to geusstimate the entire time I was actually on the medication it would total to be about a year

I wasn't on it for the entire 3 years. I came off it a few times and went back on. If I were to geusstimate the entire time I was actually on the medication it would total to be about a year
    Im guessing you jumped back on before you started breaking out again?

Eazy20 is offline Member
    Im guessing you jumped back on before you started breaking out again?
    Yeah, keep in mind this was also back when I was like 15...I came completely off it when I was around 17 or 18 and haven't had a bad breakout since even when on cycle.

Yeah, keep in mind this was also back when I was like 15...I came completely off it when I was around 17 or 18 and haven't had a bad breakout since even when on cycle.
    Yeah, I can imagine anyone at the age of 15 taking any acne medication thats theres a huge chance of it coming back being in the prime of their acne years lol

Me being 27, if I got on minocycline or accutane for a short period with my mild acne I think I would completely extinct it for the rest of my life.

From the research ive done, theres 6 types (oral) and about 8 Gel, Lotion or liquid types.

(Oral - What im going on - Whatever my doc says is best)
    1. Isotretinoion - Accutane
    2. Tetrcycline
    3. Minocycline - Minocin
    4. Vibramycin - Doxycycline
    5. Sulfamethoxazoletrimethoprim - Bactrim/Septra
    6. Spironolactone - Aldactone

For these four types:
    tetra, mino, doxy and bactrim/septra - It got rid of everyones acne while they were on, then as soon as they came off their acne came right back. Who wants to be on this for life? plus its an antibiotic so you do get immune to it.

Accutanes sides are unreal, very bad short term for some and the long term aswell. But EVERY post I read, it worked 100% on and off for years, even when ran with cycle!

Aldactone is a hit and miss almost like the other antibiotics, its cheap and effective for some. Its the best bet other then accutane if you dont want to put up with the serious side effects.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    For these four types:
    tetra, mino, doxy and bactrim/septra - It got rid of everyones acne while they were on, then as soon as they came off their acne came right back. Who wants to be on this for life? plus its an antibiotic so you do get immune to it.

Accutanes sides are unreal, very bad short term for some and the long term aswell. But EVERY post I read, it worked 100% on and off for years, even when ran with cycle!

Aldactone is a hit and miss almost like the other antibiotics, its cheap and effective for some. Its the best bet other then accutane if you dont want to put up with the serious side effects.
    I don't think you're going to find a permanent fix. And also don't push the doctor for a particular drug, you pay him good money for his sound opinion. It may take a few visits and trial & error, but you'll eventually find something that works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I don't think you're going to find a permanent fix. And also don't push the doctor for a particular drug, you pay him good money for his sound opinion. It may take a few visits and trial & error, but you'll eventually find something that works for you.
    Accutane is the only permanent fix for the bigger percentile.

Everything else is a hit or miss and the bigger percentile being on the miss side, mainly antibiotics only cure while you take them. Then once your off it comes back, and everyone gets immune to antibiotics whenever that time period may be for that specific person.

And gels, lotions and liquids are just a quick fix or and add-on while taking these medications.

Best bet is accutane, im going to push my doc towards it in a respectful manner. He is a family doctor and dropping this knowlegde will make him understand.

dirtybrd is offline Associate Member
    Didnt Accutane have some sort of recall or people having issues with it. I know I've seen some ambulance chaser lawyers TV ads about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrd View Post
    Didnt Accutane have some sort of recall or people having issues with it. I know I've seen some ambulance chaser lawyers TV ads about it.
    Yeah, someone mentioned that.
    They were aruging that it was a rumor about it being recalled in the "states", but yet I am still unsure.
    I am in Canada, Ontario and I havent heard that as of now.
    I will know next weekend though, and post about it.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Ive had mild acne since I was 16, I am currently 27.
    I get maybe 1-2 bad break-outs a year and im fed up, Ive been acne free
    for the last year but since I just ran my first cycle which finished in Febuary (last month) Ive gotten breakouts on my back, chest, shoudlers and mildly on my face.

Ive got an appointment with a dermatologist next week and Ive been researching alot about accutane, but in my case I dont think Ill be able to get it perscribed due to my moderate acne.

Has anyone heard/been on a correspondent drug to accutane that is in canadian pharms? if so, whats it called and how was your experience with it? (how long, dosage, sides, outcome ect.)

Appreciate the feedback!
    Acne Annilhilator by platinum labz. Its the most effective thing we have used thats OTC.
    Cheap and super effective. My skin has never looked better.

killface is offline Associate Member
    I just ran my first cycle
    If all else fails, talk to your dealer. Chances are good that he stocks it.

I broke out on my first cycle. I did a dozen different topical treatments. Seriously, I went to Walgreen's and bought every single thing they had on acne. NOTHING. I went on accutane 40mg/ed for a month and my acne went down by 90%. I'm on my fourth cycle and before I even started I got on accutane 20mg/ed. I've been on it now for 4 weeks and I get one acne here and one there. Nothing compared to my first breakout. I know that there are sides to accutane. But at 20mg/ed or 40mg/ed I haven't had any problems with acne and no accutane sides.

Thread Information