OneCrazyM0f0 is offline New Member

Legit Newbie/First Cycle Question Concerning Dosages

Hi guys,

Long time listener first time caller..

I'd like to preface my question by saying I've read a good amount of literature on the subject, including nearly all the "educational threads" here on this forum, and despite there being some contradictory information, I feel that I've learned alot from this site already. Now I'd like to send out a question to get responses from people with relevant experiences.

If you feel you must quiz me with all the newbie related questions, then by all means, go ahead. I think I'm up for it

QUESTION: I'm considering a cycle of Cyp only (with the proper SERM, PCT, etc.. of course) Most literature I've read seems to suggest 400mg - 500mg per week. I've also read that the suggested amount doesn't really vary depending on body size/type. This seems counter-intuitive to me, but I'm no expert by any means.

A good friend of mine (who also happens to be a competing bodybuilder and trainer) recommended starting with only 250mg of Cyp per week for three reasons:

1. My receptors have never been exposed to AAS of any kind, and I'll grow regardless of how much I take.
    2. If I ever want to do more cycles, my system will have less of a "tolerance", meaning I wouldn't need to up the dosage as much for the second and third cycle, and so forth.
    3. If I run pharmaceutical grade Cyp from trusted sources (which I will), I won't need as much.

Everything I've read seems to support #1 and #2, but still most sources suggest 400 - 500mg. Is this because most literature is aimed at bodybuilders who are trying to compete? I don't have the desire (or genetic potential) to grow a classic bodybuilder physique. I'm aiming more for the fitness model type physique, if that makes sense.

So have any of you started off with a 250mg/week cycle? Did you see significant results? Is this recommendation way off base?

Thanks in advance for any responses. If any other information is needed, just let me know.

bigbossofdariver is offline Junior Member
    well i would recommend 500 mg per week, due to the fact you might not even make gains on a dose that low depending on how high your natural levels. also running 500 is no where near what the pros take so you still have alot of room to up the dosage regardless.

biobest692 is offline Junior Member
    Last edited by biobest692; 11-26-2021 at 02:06 PM.

LeroyB is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    So many guys claim to have been around this forum for a long time and read a lot etc.. then they don't post stats - boggles my mind #justsayin

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    I agree to the above post plus research is the answer it's not exactly hard

Eazy20 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneCrazyM0f0 View Post
    Everything I've read seems to support #1 and #2, but still most sources suggest 400 - 500mg. Is this because most literature is aimed at bodybuilders who are trying to compete? I don't have the desire (or genetic potential) to grow a classic bodybuilder physique. I'm aiming more for the fitness model type physique, if that makes sense.
    My friend, if you think bodybuilders take 500mg of test/wk, you are terribly misinformed. From your profile it says you're 28, so I'll go by that. Most people around here recommend something around 300mg for 1st cycle for the reasons you previously stated. However, my first cycle was dosed at 500mg.

I must've missed that stats were a prerequisite. Didn't mean to boggle anyone's minds. Here they are:

5'11"
    195lbs
    13-14% BF
    Training since high school sports. Competed and won national championships in martial arts (kickboxing) during college where I had to fight at a certain weight. Took about 2 years off from training from 06-08, but I've been consistent since then.
    Diet has been primarily focused on bulking over the past year or so. I generally shoot for 3500 cals/day at a 30/40/30 ratio (protein/carbs/fats) split over 6 meals, not including post workout/recovery nutrition. Admittedly I don't eat entirely "clean", but I know how to do so when I need/want to cut without losing LBM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy20 View Post
    My friend, if you think bodybuilders take 500mg of test/wk, you are terribly misinformed. From your profile it says you're 28, so I'll go by that. Most people around here recommend something around 300mg for 1st cycle for the reasons you previously stated. However, my first cycle was dosed at 500mg.
    Maybe I should rephrase: Most literature may be aimed at readers who *eventually* want to build a bodybuilder physique and possibly compete. I know pros and even amateurs require quite a bit more than 500mg/week. My understanding is 750mg - 1000mg seems to be more of the norm.

Edit: Any chance you can point me to any sources who recommend the lower dosage? Thx

Eazy20 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneCrazyM0f0 View Post
    Maybe I should rephrase: Most literature may be aimed at readers who *eventually* want to build a bodybuilder physique and possibly compete. I know pros and even amateurs require quite a bit more than 500mg/week. My understanding is 750mg - 1000mg seems to be more of the norm.

Edit: Any chance you can point me to any sources who recommend the lower dosage? Thx
    Well, think about it...The average male body produces roughly 7mg of test per day...That's 35mg of test a week. You're natty and you're going to be putting 300mg of test into your body per week. Nearly 10x the amount your body produces on its own. If you can't grow off of that the first time around, you're doing something wrong.
    Last edited by Eazy20; 03-13-2011 at 06:47 PM.

My thoughts exactly. So why is the general consensus to start at 400mg - 500mg?

I know there is some (probably alot) misinformation passed around in the AAS community, but I've read articles written by PhDs who recommend at least 400mg. Conveniently none of them (that I've found so far) say why.

I guess what I'm really looking for with this thread is: Has anyone actually completed a cycle at low dosages, and what where the results?

Thanks for the responses guys.

Flacco is offline Member
    I did 300 mgs of Cyp for 8 weeks for my first cycle. I gained 20 lbs in about a month and a half and got ripped to shreds. I stuffed my face while ON. That extra 200 mg probably isn't as nesessary in your first cycle as diet is. As Easy said... you're gonna feel such a huge difference in your workouts anyway at 300mg a week. No need to jump to a half gram of Test a week on your first run.

On my first cycle I did 500mg/wk of Test in the form of sus250 and got great results. My second cycle I did 150mg/wk Test Prop + 150mg/wk Deca and still got good results. My 3rd cycle I did an anavar (80mg) + 150mg/wk Test Prop and got good results. My fourth cycle I'm currently doing 200mg Test Prop/wk + 200mg Deca/wk and still getting good results. I must define "good results" gained more lean body mass over fat. Current cycle, I started at 185lbs @ 10% bodyfay. Currently I am 195lbs @ 10% body fat. I'm a believer in low dose cycles. It gives pretty good results and it's easier to recover with PCT.

Excellent. Thanks for posting your dosages and results. This is what I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    On my first cycle I did 500mg/wk of Test in the form of sus250 and got great results. My second cycle I did 150mg/wk Test Prop + 150mg/wk Deca and still got good results. My 3rd cycle I did an anavar (80mg) + 150mg/wk Test Prop and got good results. My fourth cycle I'm currently doing 200mg Test Prop/wk + 200mg Deca/wk and still getting good results. I must define "good results" gained more lean body mass over fat. Current cycle, I started at 185lbs @ 10% bodyfay. Currently I am 195lbs @ 10% body fat. I'm a believer in low dose cycles. It gives pretty good results and it's easier to recover with PCT.
    So 4 cycles resulted in ten pounds? That's 2.5 pounds per cycle. Since your bodyfat percentage (admirably low) stayed the same, that means you added 1 pound of fat and 9 pounds of muscle. I would take issue with the phrase "good results." The result of 4 cycles does not really seem that good at all.

Thread Information