eyeman is offline New Member

Hypothyroidism and test

Hey everyone, long time watcher, first post,

26 y/o
    6'0"
    210lbs
    Bodybuilding for 3 years, did a few cycles. Mostly just test with nolva/clomid pcts. I was up to 230 lbs with 8-10% BF. Then I developed hypothyroidism (I was genetically prone, half my family has it, I was gonna get it sooner or later steroids or not). The side effects knocked me on my ass, mainly the fatigue. I couldnt work out or eat for months and lost 30 lbs. Now I'm on my way back up with a prescription of synthroid taking care of my thyroid. I'm going to go natural until my muscle memory gain runs out, and when i hit a wall I want to start test again.

Can anyone tell me if it is safe to be on test and synthroid? Or will test upset my synthroid treatment? Any personal testimony from synthroid users would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    eyeman

any input is welcome

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    I was on synthroid and a small amount of test and no problem.

Good to hear. I was hoping to hear from a male though because I plan to use an aggressive amount of test, just worried if the upper end of things will cause issues

JackSparrow is offline New Member
    Im currently in the middle of a Sust and Deca cycle and ran T4 for the first five weeks, Ive had no problems. I ran 200mcg of T4 a day (equates to 50mcg of T3) so dont think it was a particularly high dose (obviously cycled up and down off it).

I think it is suggested that if you are going to run T3/T4 you SHOULD run it on cycle as it can cause major catabolism otherwise - if im wrong im sure someone will chime in and correct me.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Synthroid (T4). Is fine on test. T4 isn't the active hormone in the regulation of metabolism, T3 is.

Your body converts T4 to T3 but the ratio of T4 that is converted isn't a constant number.

You body determines this from a feedback loop. So no matter how much t4 you take your body will only convert so much of it to t3. Unless you're deficient in thyroid hormones t4 is pretty useless.

steve9999 is offline New Member
    hey I am a canadian and am looking to get some results. not from anything in supplement form. sick and tired of minimal results.

Thread Information