Thread: TRT Question

EASTCOASTKID is offline Associate Member

TRT Question

So I am just curious what other docs are prescribing? Do they all prescribe Test Cypionate and at 100mg every two weeks?

GMD3019 is offline Junior Member
    No my doc had me on test E at 250mg e2w

when i first went to get tested for low T i went to my urologist and he started me out at 200mg every 2weeks,thats been 4 years ago,after that didnt work he referrred me to an Endo,and thats where im at now,and will be...also my dose has increased alot since then,he has kept up my blood test every 6 months.Now im on it lifetime...i guess it depends on what your body responds to,everyone is different,and yes im on Test Cyp

Yeah i guess my doc is seeing how I respond as I have never done a cycle etc. So did he give you anything else or just the T

so here is another silly question. I picked up the pins and test and I asked the Pharm about disposing of needles and they are like that's your problem (not in those words but you know) So I dont just want to throw these in the trash suggestions?

no he just gave me test cyp only,and before i went to get tested for low T the first ime,i had never done a cycle in my life,my Endo told me after so many test and stuff,my body wont ever produce test by itself again,that was the reason for test only

Quote Originally Posted by EASTCOASTKID View Post
    so here is another silly question. I picked up the pins and test and I asked the Pharm about disposing of needles and they are like that's your problem (not in those words but you know) So I dont just want to throw these in the trash suggestions?
    i just put mine in a coffee can and seal it and throw it away

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    My doc put me on 200mg/week Cyp. I put my needles and syringes in the trash. They have guards...is there some reason I should dispose of them another way?

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    My doc put me on 200mg/week cyp and 200mg/weel deca , 1ml b12/week, and ammino acids, arginine, carnosine, glutamine, I was concern about those ammino acids but they worth every cent.

Yeah I am doing all the supplements already. I also do the B12 shots,but doing some research and I think there is a long lasting B12 (longer than week) anybody know of this?

as far as the needles go I went to my Doc today and I saw a red plastic sharps box outside the office. LOL problem solved....

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You can buy sharps also, but if you want a better container that you probably already have use either a liquid laundry detergent bottle (best) or a Protein jar. I am really anal and after filling I take spray in wall insulation and spray that into the container then put the lid on real quick and tape it that way it forms a solid block. By the way if you google it you can get the state by state procedures where I live a bleach bottle in the trash (not recycled) is the prescribed method.

As far as stuff other than cyp for TRT a lot depends on the patient and the amount of cyp used. Many will need a small dose of an AI to keep estro in check and many will have to donate blood to get rid of extra red cells generated.

Thanks Massive--I like your disposal ideas;

So I'm very new to the gear part of this, What if any AI(dosages) should I have on hand just in case I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    YBy the way if you google it you can get the state by state procedures where I live a bleach bottle in the trash (not recycled) is the prescribed method.
    Ohhhh, it is a medical waste issue. I always thought guys where just trying to find way to hide it. I never worried about that since I am on TRT. I feel stupid now.

Im just very surprised that out of all the people on TRT not one doc has prescribed a SERM. Like I said I'm very new to this so maybe I am missing something. I know my doctor never said a thing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Ohhhh, it is a medical waste issue. I always thought guys where just trying to find way to hide it. I never worried about that since I am on TRT. I feel stupid now.
    No need to feel stupid. I think the gov who considers it medical waste are the ones that are stupid since the amount of body fluid etc present will cetainly be negligable. Although I guess thinking about it even though they use the term since they allow disposal in the trash and landfill they must feel the same way as I am sure that they do not allow you to throw out a gallon of blood the same way. My worry is the rare but possible situation of some guy on a garbage truck getting needle stuck and having to worry about HIV/HCV for the next few years. I have HCV (HepC) myself (blood transfusion motorcycle accident) so I am really anal about my needles I always pull them off the syringe then put them inside the syringe then stuff the plunger in on top of the needle so that the needles are trapped inside the syringe then I take these assemblies and put them in bleach bottles then as I say take expanding foam and fill the bleach bottle forming a solid brick. That way its almost inconcievable any scenario where the needle could ever stick someone, no matter how hard they tried LOL Also I am on home TRT so I don't want to put a bunch of sharps containers in my trash where if a cat tips the can over all could see, not to mention the sharps containers are not nearly as well made as a bleach bottle.

I have never even thought about all these things. I just do my shot and toss everything in the trash. I always make sure the needle guards are on though. I am finishing up a tub of protein powder now...I will start using that.

Quote Originally Posted by EASTCOASTKID View Post
    Im just very surprised that out of all the people on TRT not one doc has prescribed a SERM. Like I said I'm very new to this so maybe I am missing something. I know my doctor never said a thing about it.
    I am no expert but I would imagine the reason for AI's as opposed to SERM's is that while on TRT you are trying to maintain a normal ratio of both test and estrogen (along with everything else) so a SERM with its selective exertion is not needed with normal levels of Test and Estro like it is in PCT where your levels may be all out of wack.

I posted a question the other day on a thread on AI's on using lab work to define the amount of an AI to be used while on cycle. I asked if considering that estrogen is essential for muscle growth, if you wanted to have the normal values on estro while on cycle or a value that represents a % of the normal balance of test to estrogen or a variation therof. In other words if due to your cycle your test levels were at 10 time normal while I doubt you would want your estro 10 times higher would you want your estro at a normal level or maybe twice the normal level? I never did recieve an answer, I think in another few days I do not hear anything I will start my own thread on this issue as I really am curious what others feelings are on whats ideal while on cycle.

I actually called Sandoz about an anti estrogen (the company that made my Test) and they are on a company picnic so the office administrator said they would get back to me 2morrow. If I get anything I will post, but like you said I'm sure it is going to be different for EVERY individual.

Thread Information