fremlin32 is offline New Member

Doctor prescribed testosterone

Hey everyone, I just received my test level blood work from my doctor, it was very low. He said we will have to go the route of a replacement test, what kinds do they prescribe and what is the best to get for no water weight and lean size ? Thanks for anyones knowledge, Cheers

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Testosterone replacement isn't for size, and you don't get to pick from a list of steroids . You will probably be put on Test C or Test E. Probably somewhere between 100mg and 200mg a week. Don't double up on the dose or anything like that. Follow the doctor's instructions so you can get your levels right and stable. Maybe ask about HCG so your testicles don't shrink.

Having said that, you will probably see some gains in the beginning.

Check out the TRT section of this site for more guys that are on replacement therapy.

Fevershock is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Testosterone replacement isn't for size, and you don't get to pick from a list of steroids . You will probably be put on Test C or Test E. Probably somewhere between 100mg and 200mg a week. Don't double up on the dose or anything like that. Follow the doctor's instructions so you can get your levels right and stable. Maybe ask about HCG so your testicles don't shrink.

Check out the TRT section of this site for more guys that are on replacement therapy.
    Pretty much what JohnnyVegas said. I'm prescribed test and deca from HRT clinic, but you can only get a certain amount a month. And if you double up, you run the risk of running out or throwing your test levels so high they won't give you anything upon 2nd blood work review.

The HCG is a must have, don't let them tell you any different, that is unless you don't like balls and have no use for them ;-). I assume you do, so when you get the HCG, you have to play with the levels to see what works best for you. I find they always over prescribe the amount i actually need.

Anyways, good luck!

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fremlin32 View Post
    Hey everyone, I just received my test level blood work from my doctor, it was very low. He said we will have to go the route of a replacement test, what kinds do they prescribe and what is the best to get for no water weight and lean size ? Thanks for anyones knowledge, Cheers
    I would ask for the injectable TEST CYP or ENAN.

I was put on Test Cyp when i started 4 years ago,and only Test Cyp...no hcg ,because my body doesnt produce test anymore,i didnt have my first blood test done for my levels until i was 40,so i waited to long,and it messed me up,i didnt start working out until i was 38,so 2 years of weightlifting and stress made me go and get a physical and then my Urologist refered me to an Endo...so im on trt for life now..

fremlin32 is offline New Member
    The dotor just said I was low and would probably be put on injectebable once every two weeks. I was wondering if they would only give me cyp or enan or could I get othes that dont hold a lot of water

Quote Originally Posted by fremlin32 View Post
    The dotor just said I was low and would probably be put on injectebable once every two weeks. I was wondering if they would only give me cyp or enan or could I get othes that dont hold a lot of water
    they gave me test cyp,and i have no sides at all from it,no water retention at all

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Do some research in the HRT forum because you will find 1 shot ever two weeks will give you mood swings, you will start to feel worse/low again before your next shot. It works better 1x a week.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    fremlin, they might start by giving you the gel stuff. I get a weekly injection of test C. My suggestion to you is to follow the doctor's orders exactly. And it'll be a few weeks before it fully kicks in. You should expect to initially gain a little weight, but don't think they're going to give you enough to look like the incredible hulk. Make a note of any side-effects you experience and tell your doctor of them. Including testicular atrophy (he may give you HCG for it).

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Do some research in the HRT forum because you will find 1 shot ever two weeks will give you mood swings, you will start to feel worse/low again before your next shot. It works better 1x a week.
    thanks man,i will do some reading

Flier is offline Productive Member
    So you go to a doc, what doc?, family doc?
    He does ONE bloodwork, finds your test low, and is putting you on TRT.

You need to take 10 steps back, educate yourself, know what the different values on your BW represents, so you can ask your Doc educated qīs.

Why is your Test low? which test, free or total or both? Do you have normal LH/FSH values? Is your Estrogen high? Why did you go to your doc and do BW? Symtoms?. if so, when did symtoms start? Did you snoop around in the GNC Prohomone section? Did you tell your doc the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?
    I donīt trust Docīs, especially in the US....there seems always to be a pharma rep. in their offices pushing the latest meds., sometimes giving nice incentives for the doc. to prescribe their brand. Putting someone on HRT is a huge score....prescription meds for life......donīt trustīem!!...hehe...sorry...I have trust issues.

You have probably walked around with low test for a while right? So whatīs another few weeks, months?
    Find out what is causing the low test, do another BW in a month, see an Endo. for a second opinion..etc.

EASTCOASTKID is offline Associate Member
    First timer I agree totally. My doc actually flipped the screen around and showed me a list of testosterone and asked me what I wanted....DOH....

Like a kid at Christmas......

BSchmidt350z is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post

Yo JohnnyVegas, what part of Vegas are you in? I guess I don't have enough posts to PM.

Im Summerlin and go to LVAC.

Thread Information