nolva250 is offline Junior Member

First hip injection

I've been injection in the glute all my cycles but i cant this time so was wondering about the hip injection.
    Any good guides out there with video ?

I use a 18G to draw from ampulle with since the oil is thick and had problems drawng with the one I inject with (21Gauge)
    But dont have that problemt when the test is going from the plunger to the muscle with the 21G. Now Im thinking about using the 23G will
    this be to thin?

In the glute I always inject with green 40mm (1.6 Inches) 21G but i think 40mm wil be a little to long for my hip so I was
    thinking about using another needle I got its a blue 30mm(1,2 Inches) 23G needle. I got very low body fat, will this
    be to short or am I good to go?

Was wondering if 2ml was a little to mutch for the hip so I should inject 1ml in each hip or should I just go with 2ml in one?

Thanks for a fast answere,

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I imagine if you have been looking for information the problem is calling it a hip injection, what you are referring to is a ventrogluteal injection. While this is one of the best spots to hit it is also a small and very unforgiving area, that is if you are outside the area to the rear you may indeed be doing a hip injection ( into the hip bone or socket) which is not good LOL and if you are off target to the front you will be risking all kinds of bad things. So definatly do lots of research before attempting and if it were me I would just do a half cc first time to make sure all was well then when you are comfortable increase to a normal dosage ( most can handle up to 2ml no problem ventrogluteal)

Good luck.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    21G is pretty big pin. I only use 25G for injections now.

Eazy20 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    21G is pretty big pin. I only use 25G for injections now.
    Holy hell are you there for a hour? 23g feels like it takes an eternity for me

Even with 25G the injections only take a minute or two.

if you put your right index finger on your right hip bone your right thumb will fall on the hip area that's great to pin. It's right on the hip line but above the glutes. I hit my Test Prop there and have no problems. If I go a little lower I tend to hit some nerves. I use 23G and I don't feel a thing and the syringe fills fast. Well, pretty fast.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    BD makes a special thin wall needles for IM in sizes from 18-23g where the wall of the needle is thinner for greater flow on the 23g needle the inner diameter is equal to that of thier regular 22 im needle. I have used these and although they cost more they are a joy to use.

Along that line something else, I have noticed lately but have not had a chance to quantify is that it seems that cheaper brands like Monoject have a smaller inner diameter than the same size BD. I got 50 Monojects from a friend, he said he could not stand them because they were so dull, I figgured I would do him a favor and trade him 50 BDs and just use them for drawing since when I heat up my gear it is not all that much trouble to pull through a 23g. Well suprize, suprize with the monojects it seems like it takes twice as long to suck up a ml as it did with the same size regular wall BD, I guess you get what you pay for I will soon order some 20g BD's for drawing and some 23g thin wall for pinning.

nolva250 is offline Junior Member
    Shot 1ml and it feels fine, no pain while injecting. Should I use the 30mm(1,2 Inches) or the 40mm(1,6 Inches) needles?

I have also noticed certain brands seem to flow better especially when comparing 25G pins.

Thread Information