valley is offline New Member

SSRI's + AAS = ?

Thinking about starting a light cycle of test e for 10 weeks, the only problem is I'm currently takin paxil for anxiety and depression, is it safe to use AAS while on SSRI's. If anyone is on a SSRI and has done cycles please share your experience's with me, which typed of cycles to avoid, proper pct, etc. I know. Everyone reacts differntly to AAS, and there prob no way of telling how I will react, but I can't help but think of all the possible things that can go wrong. I don't wanna become like severly depressed

Mackn is offline Associate Member
    How long have you been on paxil for?

3 months... So far its been great

hmmm I woudnt start AAS just yet. You have not been on your SSRI long enough imo to jump on gear. Wait atleast another 3 months. Also how bad is your depression/anxiety?

Rag1ngBull is offline Banned
    My advice (in case you decide to do this cycle) would be to do more frequent injections to keep your levels stable (i.e. if it is test e shoot twice a week instead of just once). Good luck

32liner is offline Junior Member
    I was on prozac for 18 months and ran 200mg/week of susty 250 and the combination really worked well for my depression, aslo help with the ED

Iv been off the prozac for 2 months now and start my pct this sunday 2 week after my last shot and all is good

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I think you'd be fine taking test E on Paxil or Prozac. But then again I'm not an expert on that. If you want to a more informed opinion, ask a pharmacist. They know a lot about drug interactions.

yellowcabs is offline New Member
    I would wait a little longer man. With something as potentially serious as depression/anxiety if your starting to feel better I wouldn't mess with that right now. Just my 2 cents.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    whatever you do decide, make sure you are doing your shots below the half life so u keep constant levels in ur body. ie prop is ED, test e is e2d, etc. THis willhelp keep the hormone levels stable for the least interaction with ur ssris

http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactio...1800-1156.html

u should be fine.. and in fact u might lessen ur issues while on gear but thats a guestimation lol
    Last edited by Lemonada8; 03-23-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I think I'm gonna wait another month so I can get myself more mentally prepared, working out is a huge part of my life, and I've been doin it for many years and feel its time to take it to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by valley View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone, I think I'm gonna wait another month so I can get myself more mentally prepared, working out is a huge part of my life, and I've been doin it for many years and feel its time to take it to the next level.
    How bad was your anxiety/depression?
    What are your stats?
    What is your diet like?

My depression and anxiety got real bad before I took the meds, constant negative thoughts, I was pissed off all the time, and just was fed up with how I felt, I tried to beat it naturally for years with no success. I was afraid to take paxil, the first week was awfull, but after the second week it has changed my life, i litterly have my life back, I still get my ups and downs, but I am much more stable now. My anxiety and depression was cause by my brain, not test levels, I can see how depression caused by low test can be worse then a chemicle imbalence in the brain. My diet is good, I eat healthy, I'm 5'9 , 160,

***** CAN'T see how depression caused by low test levels can be worse the a chemical imbalence in the brian.....

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    ***** CAN'T see how depression caused by low test levels can be worse the a chemical imbalence in the brian.....
    Depression will increase cortisol.

Lowered levels of testosterone will also increase depression, or the chance of it occurring.

My depression and anxiety got real bad before I took the meds, constant negative thoughts, I was pissed off all the time, and just was fed up with how I felt, I tried to beat it naturally for years with no success. I was afraid to take paxil, the first week was awfull, but after the second week it has changed my life, i litterly have my life back, I still get my ups and downs, but I am much more stable now. My anxiety and depression was cause by my brain, not test levels, I can see how depression caused by low test can be worse then a chemicle imbalence in the brain. My diet is good, I eat healthy, I'm 5'9 , 160,
    I am also on an SSRI for lack of serotonin, I just had anxiety tho no depression. I started taking fluoxetine at 20mg a day and i havent had any anxiety since i started taking it. I would wait a little longer before you started taking anything to make sure everything is good and you are fine at your ssri dose.

I agree with you, I'll hold it off for a few months, my mental health comes first, that's why I wanted to start off with a test only cycle to see how I react to it. Thanks for the reply's.

Thread Information