parksy is offline Junior Member

Why Test as a base

Hi guys,

Looking to do my first cycle in a while (last cycle was when I played in the OHL, was too young-- however, had a team trainer deal with details). I have now done a bunch of research and I do understand that a person should always use Test as a base... (even if not lookign to overly bulk).

My questions:
    -I'm planning on using anavar primarily (maybe DBOl to kickstart the cycle), why would Test be a good idea to add?
    -I've heard that orals don't retain gains as much as injectables especially Test.. why is this so?
    -Would it be acceptable to just use a very mild dose of test, and primarily focus on larger doses of var?
    -There are alot of issues on the team I'm playing with right now with the use of AAS, (CIS sport) so I am afraid that water retention from test--or dbol for that matter may be a give away.. is this true?

If you guys want/need any other info, just ask.

Cheers

5x10 is offline Associate Member
    dbol bloat is way worse than test bloat
    why are you considering oral only?

I am not opposed to injectables... my primary concern is blowing up too quick and bringing on suspicion of use. My research on anavar seems to suggest that gains would be less but of better quality. I would only be using the Dbol at a low dose 20mg/ED for the first 5-6 weeks to kickstart the cycle. Would I experience the very bloat/sides that I am trying to avoid if I used dbol in this fashion? How obvious would test sides/bloat be if I used a relatively low dose (no access to test prop, would be either test E or C)

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Lets start with your stats bro, a lot of these questions are dependent on them.

Age?
    Height?
    weight?
    bodyfat?
    Years training?

There are lots of factors about how fast you will gain, how much you will gain, and how much you will keep. Side effects are vairable from person to person. Some people bloat bad on test, some don't.

Hows your diet? How you eat, train, and rest have more of an effect on how much you will gain on a cycle than how much or what type of gear you're taking

Do you have a planed PCT? What is your knowledge of PCT?

Lets get some answers to the basics bro and we'll get you straightened out.

Scottish-Muscle is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by parksy View Post
    I am not opposed to injectables... my primary concern is blowing up too quick and bringing on suspicion of use. My research on anavar seems to suggest that gains would be less but of better quality. I would only be using the Dbol at a low dose 20mg/ED for the first 5-6 weeks to kickstart the cycle. Would I experience the very bloat/sides that I am trying to avoid if I used dbol in this fashion? How obvious would test sides/bloat be if I used a relatively low dose (no access to test prop, would be either test E or C)
    IN MY OPPINION dbol yes water retention is apparent but a lot of this is over-exaggerated, if your diet is garbage a lot of processed crap and over your calorie intake maintenance CONSIDERABLY i.e. thousands over then yes I can imagine. Anavar isn't really a drug for gaining masses of size more so muscle hardness and strength and HELP you to cut up depending on diet. Dbol is more of a mass drug for bulking cycles generally, I'd go with 30-40 mg for first 4 weeks along with test... You'll still get sides if your prone tbh. But test e + dbol is good cycle.

Scottish-Muscle is offline Junior Member
    IN MY OPPINION dbol yes water retention is apparent but a lot of this is over-exaggerated, if your diet is garbage a lot of processed crap and over your calorie intake maintenance CONSIDERABLY i.e. thousands over then yes I can imagine. Anavar isn't really a drug for gaining masses of size more so muscle hardness and strength and HELP you to cut up depending on diet. Dbol is more of a mass drug for bulking cycles generally, I'd go with 30-40 mg for first 4 weeks along with test... You'll still get sides if your prone tbh. But test e + dbol is good cycle.

weight: 198-202 (depending on day)
    BF: 12% (last time I checked, but not much has changed in that department)
    Height: 6'3
    Training: Many years of training for competitive sports. Tore my MCL/ACL a couple years ago (surgery to replace), been working out hard again for about a year.

Diet is in check eating about 5000-5200 calories a day... however I am a very hard-gainer so I'm hoping on cycle I will have greater app and eat more.

YoungMan is offline Associate Member
    I always thought about using AAS such as test to help me with my injuries.... but never did it because of my age.... i fully tore my muniscus and it took me 1000 years to get it back to norm and its still not 100%... well good luck to you..

YoungMan is offline Associate Member
    oh and test is a good base becasue you will eventualy shut off you hpta with anavar alone.... and youll get sides such as sexual dysfunction it would suck not getting a woody

@youngman thanks for the info... and no I wouldn't want a soft dick. One of the thigns I was most curious about is I've heard that gains from cycles not including test are very hard to keep; any vets out there know why this is? Also regarding PCT I was planning on using Tamoxifen and if I noticed any onset of gyno I will grab an AI from my source--I was hoping that with keeping the test at a low dose I would be okay with just tamox...

weight: 198-202 (depending on day)
    BF: 12% (last time I checked, but not much has changed in that department)
    Height: 6'3
    Training: Many years of training for competitive sports. Tore my MCL/ACL a couple years ago (surgery to replace), been working out hard again for about a year.

Diet is in check eating about 5000-5200 calories a day... however I am a very hard-gainer so I'm hoping on cycle I will have greater app and eat more.
    unless you're doing some serious serious cardio, there is an issue here. At your stats even being very active you should be looking at no more than 3500-3800 calores a day to bulk.

If i were you and you're seriously eating that many calories a day I'd get boodwork done to make sure you don't have an overactive thyroid gland. Diets of over 5kcals/day IMO should be reserved for NFL offensive linemen.

So in this aspect i'm not sure cycling is going to help you gain weight. IMO get blood work done ask for a a full hormone panel complete with T3 t4 and TSH levels

Thanks for the response scotty... I run about 10K a day and play mid-field as a lax player--combined with that I have always had a tough time gaining. I've had general bloodwork done before with no problems... Would they have checked thyroid with that? or do I need to request this specifically--please note I am in Canada

Yo should probably specifically ask for it. Thyroid isn't usually considered routine. U can always ask to see your old bloodwork but i'm guessing someone would have told you if they tested it and it was out of range

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Do you like sticking your penis in stuff and getting out of bed in the morning? There's your answer.

Thread Information