Jawcep is offline Junior Member

Treatment/Prevention of Gyno with Tamoxifen vs Anastrozole: Scientific Review Article

Hi all,

I've seen a lot of discussion about gyno here and thought I'd do some research. I have found a short scientific review that compares tamoxifen (Nolva) and anastrozole (Adex). It is titled: THE ROLE OF TAMOXIFEN IN REDUCING BICALUTAMIDE-INDUCED GYNAECOMASTIA AND BREAST PAIN. I have uploaded the article for individual reference.

Bicalutamide is a nonsteroidal antiandrogen devoid of other endocrine activity. Indications for its use are treatment of advanced prostate cancer in combination with luteinising hormone releasing hormone (LHRH) agonist therapy and the prevention of disease flare associated with the use of LHRH agonists. Info from Medical Information Management System (MIMS Online - View: Cosudex 50 mg).

This article is an excellent read. It presents findings from various - relatively recent - studies in a clear and concise manner. I hope this information is integrated in future gyno-related discussions.

Quotes From Article

"These recent studies suggest that bicalutamide-induced gynaecomastia and breast pain might not only be prevented by tamoxifen but, in some patients, also treated."

"Anastrozole did not appear to be effective."

"The optimum dose of tamoxifen used in either the prophylaxis [prophylaxis = the prevention of disease] or treatment of gynaecomastia or breast pain remains to be determined."

"Most studies have used a dose of 20 mg/day as this is the dose licensed for early breast cancer, but daily doses of 10–40 mg have been used with similar results."

Important to Note

This review article compares only 3 studies which have experiment times of approximately 12, 3 and 6 months - I've never heard of a PCT going for longer than 6 months.

I think the development of gyno from the investigated Bicalutamide medication follows the same biological pathways as gyno from AAS use.

Reference

Nuttall MC, Harris JP, Dawkins GP. The role of tamoxifen in reducing bicalutamide-induced gynaecomastia and breast pain. BJU Int 2007;99(2):243-4.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tlee8769 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah this is what im talking about with all the mixed reviews im currently on 10mg of aromasin eod as swifto says and it seems to be working out.

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    The for sure treatment of gyno is surgery of course

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    I always advise people to use nolva for gyno reversal with a starting dose of 40mgs, its worked very well for me in the past....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

So if you dont have Gyno symptoms just a bit of swelling no pain or ichyness is the 10 mg of aromasin eod good or is nolvadex 10mg ed better?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlee8769 View Post
    So if you dont have Gyno symptoms just a bit of swelling no pain or ichyness is the 10 mg of aromasin eod good or is nolvadex 10mg ed better?
    If its me then it would be the nolva, i agree that the ai whichever being used is reducing my estrogen but i'd feel better knowing that the nolva is hitting the gyno, reducing it and blocking the receptors....

Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    The for sure treatment of gyno is surgery of course
    Yeah true once you pass a certain threshold no dose of Nolva etc is going to be able to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I always advise people to use nolva for gyno reversal with a starting dose of 40mgs, its worked very well for me in the past....
    By starting dose you mean starting at 40mg and eventually going down is dosage from there... right?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I just don't understand how gyno is such an issue for some.
    All you have to do is take some Nolva at the first sign of anything abnormal with your nipples.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    All you have to do is take some Nolva at the first sign of anything abnormal with your nipples.
    I think you'd find that a lot of people who post the "HELP I AM GROWING BOOBS. GYNO? WTF!!!" threads haven't done adequate research before starting their cycles. If someone has done the adequate research they should be more than capable of identifying gyno onset and treating it.

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    I agree I have used adex and it does work but nothing shuts down gyno more completely than nolva. I use it with tren deca whatever always works perfectly not that I am saying it will work for everyone but having an ai to keep estro down has other benefits too

Quote Originally Posted by Jawcep View Post
    I think you'd find that a lot of people who post the "HELP I AM GROWING BOOBS. GYNO? WTF!!!" threads haven't done adequate research before starting their cycles. If someone has done the adequate research they should be more than capable of identifying gyno onset and treating it.
    But everyone is different bro not every sign is going to be the same some people have had very little signs before it develops so thats not always the case research or not you can ask a thousand people who have it and their will be a variety of answers on what early signs they have.

Blog Entries
    Absolutely spot on, or if you know your prone use nolva from the beginning of your cycle regardless...

Thread Information