Thread: Roid Rage

depfife is offline Associate Member

Roid Rage

Is roid rage largely a myth? This is my third cycle and I have NEVER had anything that one would call "roid rage"... I have never over reacted with violence, increased aggression, or in any manner that is outside of my normal behavior when i am on or off cycle.... at least I do not recognise it... and one one has ever pointed it out. I commonly inject 700ml/wk test prop when on cycle.
    My behavior IS different in that i feel more confident and /or horny... but I never go off the deep end like i here stories of... for instance Barry Bond's girlfriend testified to his roid rage type aggression...

anyone care to comment?

-Depfife
    Last edited by depfife; 04-02-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    If your a complete idiot without aas then imo you'll be many times worse on aas...
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Roid rage is defined by the media as a sudden uncontrolled almost psychotic episode. Thats how I take. No steroids do not do this

However they will increase feelings of aggression and with the right compounds (tren , drol) one may react violently or aggressively to a certain situation that previously would

not have.

So yes and no... lol

poppz is offline Senior Member
    Its a conspiracy against Barry bonds. He's innocent.

kelevra is offline Member
    I'm the biggest azz hole i've ever met. I have a terrible temper and am not against a little baby fit on occasion. Yet that has been around 34 years before i ever thought about cycling. Now that I have started cycling. I am still capable of a little hissy fit every now and then, however they are no worse than i have been my entire life. I would say they are even fewer and farther between now. Maybe do to a bit more maturity and a better outlook on life? Hormones can affect people differently, but from my experience I would say it is mostly a myth made up from immature people as an excuse to be an azz hole. Rather than just coping with the fact of reality, that they were an azz hole before cycling.

awms is offline Senior Member
    Roid rage is is myth! it makes me so ****ing pissed that people think its real!!!! IM SO MAD I JUST ****ING BROKE A WINDOW!!!!

haha joking but for real its a myth...when on test I feel great! im more calm and have more energy. I honestly can say I feel great while on and have never lost my temper and I tend to loose my top easy some times. I have never raised my voice at my gf, hit her or called her names lol On my first cycle I was dating this crazy chick who freaked out on me and slaped me...I just laughed and walked away.

awms is offline Senior Member
    I think if you are already a heade case and you already beat your wife and you already have problems then of course some steroids will set you off but so does alcohol and caffeine...both legal and used by many.

morty is offline Junior Member
    An asshole is an asshole, aas will just make you a bigger asshole. simple as that

grumpee is offline Associate Member
    it's a myth . Booze creates way more anger and violent issues than AAS but you never see the media admit to that or talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by morty View Post
    An asshole is an asshole, aas will just make you a bigger asshole. simple as that
    Yeah, I gained about 20 pounds

dirtybrd is offline Associate Member
    An asshole is an asshole, aas CAN make you a bigger asshole. simple as that
    Fixed!

Fetch is offline Member
    I'd go out on a limb and say that for some people, the added feelings of wellness attributed to steroid use would lower one's tendancy to lash out. However, if you are a dick, you will most likely be a bigger one on cycle.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    If your a complete idiot without aas then imo you'll be many times worse on aas...
    Alot of people use AAS as an excuse to act like a complete ass. Of course they can increase aggression but the normal, sane guy learns how to steer that towards the gym and stay in control.

kiwidave1 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kelevra View Post
    I'm the biggest azz hole i've ever met. I have a terrible temper and am not against a little baby fit on occasion. Yet that has been around 34 years before i ever thought about cycling. Now that I have started cycling. I am still capable of a little hissy fit every now and then, however they are no worse than i have been my entire life. I would say they are even fewer and farther between now. Maybe do to a bit more maturity and a better outlook on life? Hormones can affect people differently, but from my experience I would say it is mostly a myth made up from immature people as an excuse to be an azz hole. Rather than just coping with the fact of reality, that they were an azz hole before cycling.
    I am pretty much in teh same boat, can be a complete a-hole, and have already felt more aggressive and I have only just started my first cycle but to be honest with ya I find being ON helps because that explains why I am feeling aggressive so I can just acknowledge the aggression but don't feel the need to show it or act on it.
    I often carry concealed and find I am much calmer when I do (lol, much less likely to flip people off in traffic than normal ) and not likely to react to other dumb asses around me because I know it can end super badly for everyone so I just let it all go, same kind of feeling when on.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by **** View Post
    Alot of people use AAS as an excuse to act like a complete ass. Of course they can increase aggression but the normal, sane guy learns how to steer that towards the gym and stay in control.
    Couldn't agree more mate, and the vast majority are sane good guy's...
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Eazy20 is offline Member
    If it was real, it would be a defined medical term in all medical textbooks. It is not.

junkiescumbag is offline Banned
    god i hate the media..

Herpaderp is offline Junior Member
    Its real just not to the extent the media says it is.
    And no you don't have to already be an asshole to get it, thats also a myth. I've met guys who are chill off cycle and certain compound they react very
    badly too aggression wise. Its just a bit more complex though than taking something and killing people, lots of other factors influence it (environment/alcohol/sleep/etc).

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I tend to be much more prone to aggression/violence when I'm off cycle, since I feel like I have something to prove.
    On cycle I feel dominant and confident in my abilities and image, so I have a much longer fuse.

kleaver is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    i don't like the term "roid rage "... beause i get "roid rage" when i'm off cycle and someone is an asshole in traffic, or i'm late, or whatever... I live in NYC, so there is plenty to piss you off before you reach the end of your block.

however... on cycle- i never have anything other than my normal "people suck in NYC rage".

that being said... the higher androgenic profiled drugs will give you an edgy feel... maybe not socially, but when doing physical things

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    hdrol kind of made me a little more angry and explosive , more than test/eq..

Jawcep is offline Junior Member
    I've only had 1 cycle and notice increased aggression at times. I tend to get short with people when I get tired and this was definitely exacerbated whilst on a sust cycle. I found that I was most easy to aggravate the day after a jab. I'm about 5 days off PCT initiation now and I've noticed a decrease in how quickly I can get angry.

kiwidave1 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cro View Post
    hdrol kind of made me a little more angry and explosive , more than test/eq..
    LOL, I am at the end of week 5 of Hdrol at 60,90,90,90,90,90 and am feeling very prickly. Very low tolerance for BS right now. Looking forward to finishing this cycle and just being on Test. That said, no one around me would know how I am feeling, excpet maybe my workout partner, come on bro, STFU, stop talking with everyone and F'in lift.

I become more of a bastard on EC, very very short fuse on EC and people just piss me off for the first week but by the start of week two I am g2g again.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    i am for sure more irritable on tren and mast. always break up with my girlfriend whenever i run a cycle with mast.

whenever you are adding hormones to your body and messing with the natural homeostasis of your body, you may find yourself acting out of character from time to time. Some people can handle it and some cannot. My friends that were emotional to begin with became more extreme in both directions while on and during pct and a little after.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    If you are an a$$hole in real life then you will just be an a$$hole who is using AAS. I have no faith in the roid rage myth.

I feel like that is such a parroted thing to say. Clearly some steroids cause more aggression then others. Rage is not the proper word to use but some of them will definitely make you more aggressive and short. Its whether or not you have self control. I have to remind myself when I get very ****en pissed sometimes on cycle that I am on cycle and to give it a few minutes more often times then not what made me want to explode was not a huge deal. I am sure many other people share my experiece.

dru23 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    I feel like that is such a parroted thing to say. Clearly some steroids cause more aggression then others. Rage is not the proper word to use but some of them will definitely make you more aggressive and short. Its whether or not you have self control. I have to remind myself when I get very ****en pissed sometimes on cycle that I am on cycle and to give it a few minutes more often times then not what made me want to explode was not a huge deal. I am sure many other people share my experiece.
    this

HALTEH is offline Junior Member
    A documentary I watched on Anabolic Steroids said it perfectly.

" If you're a jerk, you'll become a super-jerk. If you're unstable, you may become more unstable. But it's not like a Jekyl and Hyde thing where you go from normal to becoming completely psychotic. "

Quote Originally Posted by HALTEH View Post
    A documentary I watched on Anabolic Steroids said it perfectly.

" If you're a jerk, you'll become a super-jerk. If you're unstable, you may become more unstable. But it's not like a Jekyl and Hyde thing where you go from normal to becoming completely psychotic. "
    This is as much BS as the idea. Have you ever been around a guy who said Creatine made him angey? Yes, I have heard that come out a dudes head. Those are the idiots that shouldn't be on anything that can alter hormones.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I only get roid rage when I'm yelling at my mistresses on the phone. Other than that, I'm cool as ice.

mtlbiceps is offline New Member

I would say that is the most truthful and honest answer to the question. Well said!

MTLBiceps

depfife is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for all the replies!!! WOW!!! Seems there are a lot of opinions on "roid rage "... From what I have experienced, and from what others tell me, it if 95% bull****!!! I know for myself.... I seem even MORE calm...LESS explosive!!! so it works the opposite for me... and like a few of you have pointed out...some total azzholes should NOT even be on roids, because it compounds "their" natural problems>>>>

Thread Information