tcook is offline Associate Member

Arrow why do you take steroids and whats the point to be fair ??

just wondering as i am very tempted to take gear and have been for a while but then think whats the point, the women generally dont like it, they much prefer a tonned guy rather than a musclular guy, people who juice dont go out drinking really or enjoy nice meals out etc. so whats the point, i almost feel sad when i think about it, how i would dedicate alot just so i could look at my biceps and have an extra few inches. diet 24/7 and give up a hell of alot and its not even for a women, its just being vein really. most people out there must think how pathetic that is right ??? not sayin this to offed any users as i want to use even after what i have just said but i find it interesting.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Its definately not for a lot of people and you are surely one of them, nothing wrong with that. As far as doing it for girls...I have a close friend who is now 50 and still talks that kind of dumb shit (no offense) If you are in high school then maybe the girls are still picking guys based on the physique, but women are a lot more choosey than that. They seek things like intellect, self confidence, poise, financial stability and a good sense of humor way before the physical, not to say that the physical is not part of the package but genetics play such a great role you would be better served trying to change other things in your life to attract women than trying to emulate the guy on the guy on the cover of the magazine, concentrate on owning the magazine its a lot easier to achieve with hard work than trying to defeat genetics.

As far as most people thinking its pathetic, yes I am sure if you are talking about the guy who went from 320 off season to 210 precontest with the micropackage then yeah most people think thats pathetic. However that does not represent the average steroid user by a long shot, and those who have dedicated every waking moment of their lives to there sport generally could care less how most people feel about it.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tcook View Post
    just wondering as i am very tempted to take gear and have been for a while but then think whats the point, the women generally dont like it, they much prefer a tonned guy rather than a musclular guy, people who juice dont go out drinking really or enjoy nice meals out etc. so whats the point, i almost feel sad when i think about it, how i would dedicate alot just so i could look at my biceps and have an extra few inches. diet 24/7 and give up a hell of alot and its not even for a women, its just being vein really. most people out there must think how pathetic that is right ??? not sayin this to offed any users as i want to use even after what i have just said but i find it interesting.
    hmmm, strange contradiction of your opening words

anadroljack is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    Its definately not for a lot of people and you are surely one of them, nothing wrong with that. As far as doing it for girls...I have a close friend who is now 50 and still talks that kind of dumb shit (no offense) If you are in high school then maybe the girls are still picking guys based on the physique, but women are a lot more choosey than that. They seek things like intellect, self confidence, poise, financial stability and a good sense of humor way before the physical, not to say that the physical is not part of the package but genetics play such a great role you would be better served trying to change other things in your life to attract women than trying to emulate the guy on the guy on the cover of the magazine, concentrate on owning the magazine its a lot easier to achieve with hard work than trying to defeat genetics.

As far as most people thinking its pathetic, yes I am sure if you are talking about the guy who went from 320 off season to 210 precontest with the micropackage then yeah most people think thats pathetic. However that does not represent the average steroid user by a long shot, and those who have dedicated every waking moment of their lives to there sport generally could care less how most people feel about it.
    what i would have said,perfect.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thanks bro!

PS the 'guy on the guy' on the cover of the magazine was a typo...maybe I have a homoerotic side that is finally finding its way out of the closet....
    Last edited by Far from massive; 04-06-2011 at 03:56 PM.

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    hmm.. I think that you will be surprised to find that women actually do like big muscle guys! lol

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Uhhh...we use for reasons that have little to do with women or socializing. And the chicks don't seem to mind the extra size and agression in bed

B*R*A*D UK is offline Associate Member
    depends on the tpy of women

Aodha is offline Associate Member
    And not to mention different steroid users have different goals. Not everyone wants to be 300lb with 9% body fat. Some just use gear to get where they wanna be in a hurry. Although it's far better to focus on diet and do it right... A lot of users don't do it for the sport, they do it for the seasons. Ya know... I for one do it as my hobby. I enjoy perfecting my physique and gaining new goals. Just something to pass the time in life.

mrniceguy215 is offline Banned
    i am going to get involved with aas because i want to compete against other people on aas. i guess its just that competitive nature we all have except with bodybuilding its to the extreme. you know what you put your self through with training and diet and aas and you know the other althelets are doing the same. if you beat them its like the ultimate ha look at me all that you did wasnt worth shit.

Olddawg71 is offline New Member
    I am a 39 yo powerlifter. AAS allows me to train harder and recover faster which in turn allows me to lift higher weights. I did not use them for almost 20 years in my sport, however in the last year I found that I could not train as hard as I did when I was younger, I was not recovering very well which was affecting my training and after working with a Dr. I started cycling AAS. When I am on cycle I feel and train like I did when I 25. Everyone has their own reasons for doing just about anything.

Vullfromsc is offline Associate Member
    i take them because i know how to, i have the money to, and i like being bigger and stronger than anyone else. i also plan on competing sometime in the future.. also, women love it when guys throw them around..

wilsonw25 is offline Junior Member
    I started using them too early in college to get that competitive edge in football.. try starting on a D1 football team without using gear.. Im surprised no one has mentioned the sport aspect of using aas on this thread yet.

dirtybrd is offline Associate Member
    Im a 6"1 ectomorph. No matter what I did, tried, ate, I couldnt get over 185lbs. Most of my buddies started lifting earlier in life, say high school or right out and have good solid foundations. I started when I was about 25-26, that's when I got up to the 185, I started about 168-170. Then I laid off training for about 5 yrs, got into a relationship and got busy and lazy. That ended and now its time to get caught up. Plus if there's two of you at the bar and one of you weighs a lean185lbs and the other is a lean 205-210, which one is getting laid that night all other things being equal?
    Last edited by dirtybrd; 04-07-2011 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Got my morphs mixed up

27300man is offline Associate Member
    same here, except the comp part

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tcook View Post
    If you care about what 'most people out there think' you're involved in the wrong hobby.

"most people out there" happen to be fat slobs... The majority of the developed world is obese.

So, again, if you find yourself wondering/caring about what 'most people think', you're really involved in the wrong hobby.

'Women generally don't like it'... Clearly you're also around the wrong women.

Everybody has a type.

There are muscle-worshipping chicks..and there are chubby chasers (and everything in between). It's no different than the numerous different things men themselves find appealing or a turn-off.

And, again... if you're worrying about what the world must think, you're clearly not doing it for yourself. So, you're in the wrong hobby.
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    By the way... you can be muscular without steroids .

So i don't understand the correlation between being natty and 'toned' and being juiced and 'muscular'.
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

vtach12 is offline Associate Member
    I know and work with a lot of women, literally several hundred. And I don't ever recall one complaining about too much muscle on a guy. But there are other reasons people take AAS. Some of us rely on it to function and maintain a more youthful lifestyle. I personally enjoy feeling like I did when I was 25. There are many benefits of AAS usage, the muscle mass is just one of them. And there is a difference between AAS use and abuse. Just my .02

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos View Post
    If you care about what 'most people out there think' you're involved in the wrong hobby.

"most people out there" happen to be fat slobs... The majority of the developed world is obese.

So, again, if you find yourself wondering/caring about what 'most people think', you're really involved in the wrong hobby.

'Women generally don't like it'... Clearly you're also around the wrong women.

Everybody has a type.

There are muscle-worshipping chicks..and there are chubby chasers (and everything in between). It's no different than the numerous different things men themselves find appealing or a turn-off.

And, again... if you're worrying about what the world must think, you're clearly not doing it for yourself. So, you're in the wrong hobby.
    ^^ A man sorely missed around here...

awms is offline Senior Member
    Why do we do our hair in the morning?

Why do we buy a style of clothing

Why do women spend so much on hair and make up?

Using steroids is no more vein than somone going tanning in the winter or driving a nice car...people who dont understand steroids assume that we are vein junkies, that have no morals or work ethic. Well I can tell you thats not true! Im in college, I work part time, I go to church, I have never cheated on my gf or been to jail, I pay my taxes, and I come from a really goood family! Im not hurting anyone eles by doing it so why do people care? The only thing I can think of is jealousy...If people want what you have they will make excuses for why they dont have it and you do.

As for women you are deff wrong there! I would tend to agree that most women are grossed out by freaky looking guys like pro bodybuilders but from experience I can tell you that If your a big, lean, athletic looking guy women see you as hot. I would put money on the fact that if you take two good looking men, one 205lbs ripped and the other 160lbs skinny with abs the guy who is bigger will get noticed alot more!!

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i do it cus i like the way i feel when i lift and yes the steroids help, but my life isnt based around the gym or steroids. why do ppl go out and get trashed every few nights?? i cant understand that lifestyle...

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrd View Post
    Im a 6"1 endomorph. No matter what I did, tried, ate, I couldnt get over 185lbs. Most of my buddies started lifting earlier in life, say high school or right out and have good solid foundations. I started when I was about 25-26, that's when I got up to the 185, I started about 168-170. Then I laid off training for about 5 yrs, got into a relationship and got busy and lazy. That ended and now its time to get caught up. Plus if there's two of you at the bar and one of you weighs a lean185lbs and the other is a lean 205-210, which one is getting laid that night all other things being equal?
    in bold.......would this not make you an ectomorph?

vtach12 is offline Associate Member
    ^^^ Yes, ectomorph is correct.

kenton is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    i do it cus i like the way i feel when i lift and yes the steroids help, but my life isnt based around the gym or steroids. why do ppl go out and get trashed every few nights?? i cant understand that lifestyle...
    i agree with almost everything everyone is saying on this thread but the reason i included this quote is because i totally agree with the drinking aspect as a man in his mid 20's i dont drink for shit.(and not because of the negative effects it has on gains) i find over drinking and drug use as pointless and stupid as some may see my addiction to the gym. in my opinion spending 30-100 dollars a day to get "****ed up" is a waste of time energy and obviously money. atleast my lifestyle choice doesnt cross over and have a chance to effect anyone else negatively.

dirtybrd is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    in bold.......would this not make you an ectomorph?
    Sorry, I got my ecto and endos mixed up. Ecto, endo, meso!

07santafe is offline New Member
    I personaslly think if your gonna dog on taking them that much why would you? if its that much of a waste they obviously arent for you and you shouldnt take the risk because your not going to be all in and be willing to put in the work. I think the best advice for you would be to wait until later down the road because this isnt a risk you need to be taking. It takes a lot of research and proper training not to mention if you decide the hell with it after a cycle you could mess yourself up for life.

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vullfromsc View Post
    i take them because i know how to, i have the money to, and i like being bigger and stronger than anyone else. i also plan on competing sometime in the future.. also, women love it when guys throw them around..
    lol I love it.

Thread Information