bufftiger is offline Associate Member

Gear at a young age

I always had this question and I wanna know the answer. So a lot of young guys come up to me in the gym and talk about using gear. I tell them all the negative sides for taking it at a young age and advise them against it however if there not gonna listen I tell them they should atleast do their research. I wanted to know though do roids at an early age effect muscle maturity and the look and hardness of the muscle or the quality later on or do they just after the hormones within the body?

When I was in high school I used to work out like a madman. When I was 16, my stats were 5'10" 126lbs <3% body fat. I was a skinny kid but I could bench press 265lbs. We get out for summer vacation and when I get back 4 months later all these kids in the gym were freaking HUGE! I mean they went from about 150lbs to 180lbs of solid muscles. Enormous, round shoulder and peaking biceps. I never even thought it could be steroids . I didn't even know what steroids were back then. I have come to find out that many of those guys knew NOTHING about cycling AAS when they started. By the time they found out, it was too late. A lot of them already had health problems. If I knew about AAS back then I would probably would have cycled. I wanted to look awesome and be as strong as an ox. Screw the future, right? At 16, who thinks of the future. It took me about two years to really understand the ramifications of cycling AAS. The good, the bad and the ugly. Every time I see a young guy posting about cycling I just cringe. Sometimes I don't even see vets making any comments. I guess they're pretty sick of seeing young guys knowingly hurting themselves. I've always been torn between not helping young guys because I don't want them to start and helping the very determined ones because they were REALLY going to hurt themselves with a stupid cycle. The AAS makes young guys look awesome. Their muscles are not as mature looking as someone in their 30's but still look awesome. The issues are the problems that can't be seen. There's a lot of stuff happening inside of the body <25 years old. It seems like the biggest concern for most guys is that their unit is now a limp hose. Really sad for a 21 year old guy to have a 80 year old pecker and the body of Atlas. Sometimes the damage to the endo system is permanent so guys as young as 23 years old are going on TRT forever. I wish young athletes will stay away from AAS until they've peaked chemically and physiologically.

Mackn is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    When I was in high school I used to work out like a madman. When I was 16, my stats were 5'10" 126lbs <3% body fat. I was a skinny kid but I could bench press 265lbs. We get out for summer vacation and when I get back 4 months later all these kids in the gym were freaking HUGE! I mean they went from about 150lbs to 180lbs of solid muscles. Enormous, round shoulder and peaking biceps. I never even thought it could be steroids. I didn't even know what steroids were back then. I have come to find out that many of those guys knew NOTHING about cycling AAS when they started. By the time they found out, it was too late. A lot of them already had health problems. If I knew about AAS back then I would probably would have cycled. I wanted to look awesome and be as strong as an ox. Screw the future, right? At 16, who thinks of the future. It took me about two years to really understand the ramifications of cycling AAS. The good, the bad and the ugly. Every time I see a young guy posting about cycling I just cringe. Sometimes I don't even see vets making any comments. I guess they're pretty sick of seeing young guys knowingly hurting themselves. I've always been torn between not helping young guys because I don't want them to start and helping the very determined ones because they were REALLY going to hurt themselves with a stupid cycle. The AAS makes young guys look awesome. Their muscles are not as mature looking as someone in their 30's but still look awesome. The issues are the problems that can't be seen. There's a lot of stuff happening inside of the body <25 years old. It seems like the biggest concern for most guys is that their unit is now a limp hose. Really sad for a 21 year old guy to have a 80 year old pecker and the body of Atlas. Sometimes the damage to the endo system is permanent so guys as young as 23 years old are going on TRT forever. I wish young athletes will stay away from AAS until they've peaked chemically and physiologically.
    I call BS!!!

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackn View Post
    I call BS!!!
    ^^Why?? When i was 18 i weighed 210lbs and benched 425lbs.. completely possible

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    It's not good for you can stunt growth, shut down test etc

Mackn is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    ^^Why?? When i was 18 i weighed 210lbs and benched 425lbs.. completely possible
    Ya thats completly different than being 120lbs 5 ft 10 " and benching 265lbs lol!! 120lbs of skin and bones lol there is no way...

Vullfromsc is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    When I was in high school I used to work out like a madman. When I was 16, my stats were 5'10" 126lbs <3% body fat. I was a skinny kid but I could bench press 265lbs. We get out for summer vacation and when I get back 4 months later all these kids in the gym were freaking HUGE! I mean they went from about 150lbs to 180lbs of solid muscles. Enormous, round shoulder and peaking biceps. I never even thought it could be steroids. I didn't even know what steroids were back then. I have come to find out that many of those guys knew NOTHING about cycling AAS when they started. By the time they found out, it was too late. A lot of them already had health problems. If I knew about AAS back then I would probably would have cycled. I wanted to look awesome and be as strong as an ox. Screw the future, right? At 16, who thinks of the future. It took me about two years to really understand the ramifications of cycling AAS. The good, the bad and the ugly. Every time I see a young guy posting about cycling I just cringe. Sometimes I don't even see vets making any comments. I guess they're pretty sick of seeing young guys knowingly hurting themselves. I've always been torn between not helping young guys because I don't want them to start and helping the very determined ones because they were REALLY going to hurt themselves with a stupid cycle. The AAS makes young guys look awesome. Their muscles are not as mature looking as someone in their 30's but still look awesome. The issues are the problems that can't be seen. There's a lot of stuff happening inside of the body <25 years old. It seems like the biggest concern for most guys is that their unit is now a limp hose. Really sad for a 21 year old guy to have a 80 year old pecker and the body of Atlas. Sometimes the damage to the endo system is permanent so guys as young as 23 years old are going on TRT forever. I wish young athletes will stay away from AAS until they've peaked chemically and physiologically.
    what are your stats now and what do you bench now? over 2x your body weight with those stats in unparalleled by anyone i have ever seen or hear of

Okay no one answered the question about it actually affecting the maturity of your muscles? Do they mature regularly is my question? I know you get f**ked up on the inside but am talkin about maturity.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am having the most trouble with the 3% body fat....Just saying

As to the muscle maturity...its kind of a moot point and a very multifaceted question. Sure some steroids cause muscles to "harden" tren would be a good example. Now of course that's while on cycle. But then you ask about maturity or look of the muscle later on? Well now it gets really complicated if a decrease in natural testosterone is in affect by 25 then they will look softer. In addition the rapid growth experienced by someone that young on steroids often results in stretch marks and lots of small muscle tears affecting long term development steroids at a young age also cause unbalanced growth. Really the body is growing about as fast as it can handle at that age and the problems of steroid use outwiegh the benefits in most areas.

Thanks Far From Massive thats what I wanted to know. By the way stretch marks aren't always from steroids lol I think it depends on the persons skin? I mean at 18 I remember having tons of stretch marks on my lats and shoulders.

I am currently 51 years old, 5" 11" tall, weigh 200lbs, 11% bf (caliper test). I bench about 300lbs. My muscles are strong but my joints are shot. I wasn't an anomaly on our wrestling team. Our 98lb guy benched 190lbs. Our 105lb guy benched 205lbs. Our 112 lb guy could bench 205lbs. Our 121lb guy, my brother, could bench 225lbs. The strongest guy I saw was a guy from a neighboring school. He was 175lbs and bench pressed 420lbs in a power lifting meet. I think he was on something. He was just freakishly strong. The reason I bring this out is because most of us on this board has experience with AAS, and I wonder if we sometimes forget how much performance we can get out of our bodies naturally. Particularly, when you're late teens to early 20's. Our bodies are amazing machines it can do unbelievable things when fed and trained correctly. I started cycling AAS when I was 48. I still trained really hard with weights, wrestling, kick boxing, etc. but I got injured all the time. As I got older my body just couldn't recover fast enough from the training. I'd pull a muscle, twist a back, my joints would ache, just getting old pains. When I started AAS everything healed faster and I just felt a lot better. My workouts got better and I looked better. Most of the guys in my gym that's doing AAS with me has all done sports throughout their life. They've "paid the price" so to speak and know what it's like to maximize the body without AAS. Since we're all old farts that did it naturally for so long, I feel like we have the experience to tell the younger guys that maximum performance can be achieved without AAS. Life is wonderful with AAS, again I'm 51. Don't hurt yourself when you're young because you want to take a short cut.

I agree with you 1000% scotchguard. I just think that sometimes it gets to you. Like if your stuck at lifting a certain wait you'll wanna do anything to move up and its the same thing with your weight. If your weight is stuck somewhere instead of people thinking hey I have to change up my diet and eat more they think AAS. I think the problem is that most people don't have enough patients.

Bufftiger

Thread Information