Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bozlet is offline Banned

anyone drink alcohol + take steroids ? lol

just wondering if u can actually make decent gains if u drink alcohol while on steroids , like wtf are u meant to do every weekend dont u get bored / depressed sitting at home doin nothin wen every1 is out getting wasted?!?

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    I'm Irish man, so you better believe I do.. although i try to stick to diet coke and whiskey instead of beer due to the unwanted carbs/calories in beer.. also, try to limit it to 5-8 drinks only once a week.. sometimes twice.. also, you need to take into consideration the extra calories you are consuming.. so days i drink i don't eat a lot of carbs, but always get in my mandatory protein and fats.. since alcohol is an energy source like carbs (i know they are not as good as carbs)..

if you are just a recreational AAS user like 90% of the people on this board you will be fine, do not even consider it if you intend to compete

ALSO... DO NOT DRINK IF YOU ARE TAKING ORAL STEROIDS !!!!! waaayyy too much stress on the liver

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    I never drink while on cycle and to be honest dont have time to drink off cycle

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    If you are just lifting for recreation and not the Mr Olympia then a few drinks are fine. I wouldn't get smashed because that isn't healthy and will hurt you for days in the gym. I try to stick to diet coke and clear rum or vodka, tonic and a lime so I don't take in too many calories. I rarely drink beer because of all the calories and low alcohol content.

bozlet is offline Banned
    so vodka / rum are best choices if u decide to drink? what about wine? thought that was good aswell lol, why diet coke?? wouldnt juice be better?? or just str8 alcohol shots by it self without the mix lol. and what if u dont drink at all, wat do u do to stop ur self from goin insane? lol

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    If your going to run gear you should be 100% dedicated to your diet, training and recovery. So if you drink alcohol your not dedicated and your just being a dumb juice head and not a bodybuilder. Some shitty advice from Machine5150, wonders why he looks the way he does.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    I did drink on my first cycle, it was around the christmas new year holidays bad excuse I know. But I will not drink on my second cycle it allows you to let your guard down and when that happens we make poor food choices. Not to mention the fact that usually the next day workout is blown off. You need to decide what you want out of your cycle, if you want sloppy gains then drink up, if you don't, don't drink! Oh and no one said you can't go out and have fun, but you apparently need to drink to have fun.
    Last edited by MBMETC; 04-03-2011 at 09:17 AM.

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BritishNutrition View Post
    yes wine is bad if ur trying to be lean. diet coke eliminates unwanted sugar for the lean trainers
    Why is wine bad?

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    If your going to run gear you should be 100% dedicated to your diet, training and recovery. So if you drink alcohol your not dedicated and your just being a dumb juice head and not a bodybuilder. Some shitty advice from Machine5150, wonders why he looks the way he does.
    Agreed, to many kids trying to get big to impress the chicks on a Saturday night...

And this subject has been beaten to death.....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Well, I personally don't drink or do drugs and even if I didn't go to the gym or eat right, I probably still wouldn't ever do either. That being said, I don't think a couple cold ones would kill you on gear, but you probably should be assessing whether or not using steroids is right for you if you want to live a less than clean lifestyle.

You should be using gear to get to the next level. Not as a supplement to make up for less than clean living. At least that's my view.

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    no need to drink if your training . its all about your goals.i dont touch the stuff.

mtlbiceps is offline New Member
    If I'm taking test or something similar I don't mind having a couple of vodka's every now and then... If I'm frontloading any orals like Dbol I won't touch anything. I very rarely drink beer - Makes me feel like crap and extra bloated afterwards.

MTLBiceps

wilsonw25 is offline Junior Member
    Last night was the first time I drank on cycle... I was celebrating my birthday and got a little wasted.. have to squat today and I can already feel how weak I am just walking around... wont be doing this ever again on cycle.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you insist on further toxicating your body with alcohol and making recovery harder, sure. Why not! Add some diet coke in there, and all of your problems are solved!

bozlet is offline Banned
    how does diet coke solve ur problems ? lol

X83
    X83 is offline Member
    I've been tempted because there's a bar right next door to my local gym with some good lookin' chicks inside.

^^^It doesn't.. we just say diet coke since regular coke has so many unnecessary calories. fruit juice also has a lot of unwanted calories. BG, for your information, i never claimed to be a "Body Builder" nor do i ever wish to be.. I play rugby and have a very "social" life style. To me going out with friends is more important to me than having a waist line 2" smaller.. I am secure with how i look, and where i want to be, and am realistic on how to achieve that. Your "Never drink if you are serious about lifting" attitude is your opinion, an opinion contrary to MANY sports figures.. As i stated before, not everyone wants to be a body builder, and bashing my physique is unnecessary. While on gear i do not drink, or only drink on very special occasions.. but between cycles i am known to have a few, but i never bother training the day after, as it is a waste of time, even if you only have a couple.

BG
    So why do you juice. If your not going to be dedicated to your diet and training....why juice??

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Why buy a fast car if you aren't going to race it every chance you get???

Just because i have a few drinks and i have 2-3 cheat meals a week doesn't mean i can't take advantage of the benefits of AAS. I juice because i want to be bigger. I have hit my plateau at my height/ weight.. and juice gives me a few extra pounds of muscle i can not achieve otherwise. And FYI.. i have only done one cycle in the past 7 years.. I know your dedication is 100% and your physique reflects that.. but most people just want to be a little bit bigger, and not make a career out of it. I misread the original title, as i do not condone drinking as often as i stated while on cycle.... as you should fully utilize that time on cycle since you are running dangerous compounds in your body.. But lets just be honest here, a few drinks here and there is not going to kill you.. it will ruin your work outs for 1-2 days.. but what if you drink friday and don't lift sat and sun anyways?? I know guys that have a better physique than you do that drink once a week, and they juice as well.. I understand your black or white outlook on bodybuilding RE: go 100% on diet and training, and then do AAS, but i disagree with it.. and think that 90% dedication to training and diet is enough to start AAS.. i don't recomend cycles to the bar hounds and likes of the Jersey Shore boys.. who go out "clubbing" every night.. as i think those type of people give our kind a bad rep. But i will not say that AAS = No Booze ... As long as your train hard 4-5 days a week, and actually track your macros, know your TDEE, and pre plan your meals that you are dedicated enough to enjoy yourself from time to time.

I guess all i am trying to say is there are different levels of dedication, and if the only people that did AAS were as dedicated as you were (i.e. never have a cheat meal, and never have a drink) than there would be no black market for this stuff, because most people just don't think it is worth it.

blastedlooger is offline Junior Member
    I have had alcohol three times on my first cycle. Two times was just one beer with dinner, and last night I had a beer, 2 shots, and one long island iced tea over a five hour span. Didn't get a buzz and came home and ate a bunch of protein before bed. Did chest today and hit two new PRs. I was also dancing to hardstyle last night so it was a workout in itself haha.

I don't think 2 drinks a week will inhibit you at all on cycle unless you're taking orals.

warlord_wang is offline Associate Member
    co-sign if your drinking you shouldn't be anywhere near gear & if your not even juicing & natty & drinking more then 2 to 3 times a week give up bodybuilding or drinking one or the other.

bozlet is offline Banned
    i just wanna get wasted now u guys geed me up lol, wat about other drugs, weed, pills, coke etc??

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord_wang View Post
    co-sign if your drinking you shouldn't be anywhere near gear & if your not even juicing & natty & drinking more then 2 to 3 times a week give up bodybuilding or drinking one or the other.
    exactly.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    Why buy a fast car if you aren't going to race it every chance you get???

Just because i have a few drinks and i have 2-3 cheat meals a week doesn't mean i can't take advantage of the benefits of AAS. I juice because i want to be bigger. I have hit my plateau at my height/ weight.. and juice gives me a few extra pounds of muscle i can not achieve otherwise. And FYI.. i have only done one cycle in the past 7 years.. I know your dedication is 100% and your physique reflects that.. but most people just want to be a little bit bigger, and not make a career out of it. I misread the original title, as i do not condone drinking as often as i stated while on cycle.... as you should fully utilize that time on cycle since you are running dangerous compounds in your body.. But lets just be honest here, a few drinks here and there is not going to kill you.. it will ruin your work outs for 1-2 days.. but what if you drink friday and don't lift sat and sun anyways?? I know guys that have a better physique than you do that drink once a week, and they juice as well.. I understand your black or white outlook on bodybuilding RE: go 100% on diet and training, and then do AAS, but i disagree with it.. and think that 90% dedication to training and diet is enough to start AAS.. i don't recomend cycles to the bar hounds and likes of the Jersey Shore boys.. who go out "clubbing" every night.. as i think those type of people give our kind a bad rep. But i will not say that AAS = No Booze ... As long as your train hard 4-5 days a week, and actually track your macros, know your TDEE, and pre plan your meals that you are dedicated enough to enjoy yourself from time to time.

I guess all i am trying to say is there are different levels of dedication, and if the only people that did AAS were as dedicated as you were (i.e. never have a cheat meal, and never have a drink) than there would be no black market for this stuff, because most people just don't think it is worth it.
    You could have done SO much more naturally, you dont even have a decent base to work off of. You should have cut the alcohol, the shitty food and got into good natural shape if your an athelete. Then use AS to get to the next level. Your using AS to get into decent shape (if that) and thats not what its for.

Vullfromsc is offline Associate Member
    to answer the original post, i do not usually drink on cycle. or off cycle.. but having 1 or 2 drinks a week will not set you back the slightest bit. binge drinking will be very bad for your progress and body (obviously).. drinking alcohol in large amounts consistently is harder on the body than cycling steroids

Then use AS to get to the next level. Your using AS to get into decent shape (if that) and thats not what its for.
    So when you are at the top of your game than AAS all of a sudden become legal to use??? I am pretty sure that steroids are for cancer victims, aids patients, and people recovering from serious injuries?? Did you get a badge when you became the Sheriff of steroids?? What qualifies you to determine when and where the rest of the world should use them?

Again, you have your opinion, i have mine.

warren916 is offline Associate Member
    Dont drink, VERY bad idea...harsh on all body parts.

Seriously, if you cant stop drinking for 12 weeks, then you may have a problem, and juice is NOT for you.

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    If youre serious enough to use steroids , you should NOT be drinking alcohol or taking drugs, period!

This, first of all, is much tougher on your body in terms of health (steroids can be bad enough, especially if used incorrectly). Secondly, drinking is extremely counterproductive to your gains...what's the point in using gear to begin with?

KyleJumpjets is offline Associate Member
    Some of u guys take yourselves WAY too seriously. Why rip on someone for their own lifestyle choices? U could be spending that time counting your calories reminding yourselves how disciplined you are!

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i don't think a SOCIAL drink here or there while being on a cycle is that bad but I personally have shied away from alcohol and feel it is very counterproductive in leading a healthy lifestyle and leads to poor choices in life and of course the health ramifications. I also find women that drink in excess are repulsive.

KyleJumpjets is offline Associate Member
    Some of u guys take yourselves WAY too seriously. Why rip on someone for their own lifestyle choices? U could be spending that time counting your calories reminding yourselves how disciplined you are!

blastedlooger is offline Junior Member
    Scientifically alcohol is worse for you if you are off cycle. Your test is already suppressed on cycle so the alcohol can't suppress you much more. If you are taking HCG it can desensitize you leydig cells for a while and make that less effective though. Alcohol raises estrogen off cycle but on cycle most people are taking anti-e's so not much effect there. It will still still dehydrate you and lower protein synthesis on cycle as well as fat burning. Two standard drinks for someone weighing 210 pounds is going to do almost nothing to hurt you, but if you refuse to drink anything when you're out with friends you might ending up looking like an obsessed douche bag. Hell, almost all social situations in college involve drinking so good luck having any friends if you don't drink at all. I think you'll be ok once a week though if you drink a few and don't even get a buzz. Just make your off day the day after that or something.

Unless you are going pro I wouldn't worry about that small amount.

parksy is offline Junior Member
    Although I agree with the concept of not rinking on cycle forthe health factors ie. liver damage etc. I have personally played with professional level hockey players who both juice as well as drink... and given their 7 figure salaries as athletes are you suggesting they arent dedicated to their sport? Say what you will but i don't think you can make such a cut and dry statement as if you drink ever you are not a dedicated athelete or there is no place for aas.

Blade15 is offline Senior Member
    agreed bro... very true...

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Rather ask yourself WHY you need to drink on/off gear!!!!!!

"Weekends are boring cause everybody else are out haviīn fun"
    U canīt have fun without drinking? Canīt go to the clubs without drinking? Canīt hit the dance floor without being buzzed? Canīt talk to the chicks without a few shots to take the edge off?

Itīs called low self esteem/self confidence, and I would say 99% of us has been there....Has been!
    It may take some time, but try to do all the things you think you canīt do without a drink, amazing how you find out you donīt need the drink, and all it was, was a bad habit...HABIT!!!...Get out of the habit.

Alcohol makes us reduce our judgement, alter our personality. Practice loving/enjoying who you truly are, instead of using alcohol to make u pretend you are someone youīre not.

Chicks pull this off all night, all weekends. Dancing, haviīn fun, talking to the guys....What are we; Neanderthals???

Blade15 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by First Timer 42 View Post
    Rather ask yourself WHY you need to drink on/off gear!!!!!!

"Weekends are boring cause everybody else are out haviīn fun"
    U canīt have fun without drinking? Canīt go to the clubs without drinking? Canīt hit the dance floor without being buzzed? Canīt talk to the chicks without a few shots to take the edge off?

Itīs called low self esteem/self confidence, and I would say 99% of us has been there....Has been!
    It may take some time, but try to do all the things you think you canīt do without a drink, amazing how you find out you donīt need the drink, and all it was, was a bad habit...HABIT!!!...Get out of the habit.

Alcohol makes us reduce our judgement, alter our personality. Practice loving/enjoying who you truly are, instead of using alcohol to make u pretend you are someone youīre not.

Chicks pull this off all night, all weekends. Dancing, haviīn fun, talking to the guys....What are we; Neanderthals???
    That was nice... yeah... well said FT...

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries

ouch....

bro i agree with you on the no drinking .and having your goals on point but no need to dig into machine like that. i also think he has a good base and could benefit from changing his game plan.. but HE IS IRISH and they like to have a drink .lol
    You could have done SO much more naturally, you dont even have a decent base to work off of. You should have cut the alcohol, the shitty food and got into good natural shape if your an athelete. Then use AS to get to the next level. Your using AS to get into decent shape (if that) and thats not what its for.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by chi View Post
    i don't think a SOCIAL drink here or there while being on a cycle is that bad but I personally have shied away from alcohol and feel it is very counterproductive in leading a healthy lifestyle and leads to poor choices in life and of course the health ramifications. I also find women that drink in excess are repulsive.
    ^^^ This is very true. And might I add, you don't have to drink in social drinking situations. You could just as easily, when you go cruising for chicks at the bar, nurse a glass of ginger ale. I also agree that chicks who drink way too much are a bit repulsive. But I really just don't understand those types. Why would somebody knowingly put poison inside themselves? I'm not even talking about people who train, just in general. I know I get a way better high from an intense workout in the gym than any drug or booze can give me.

smashingbox is offline Associate Member
    LOL @ being a serious athlete then take the 'roids... love this argument - steroids are for athletes who can't aren't competitive naturally and need to cheat... not for clowns who might enjoy a beer once or twice a week!! Hahahhahaha.. I think them there 'roids ****ed up your capacity to think clearly (incidentally there is actually a link between increased test levels and reduced cognitive function - google it).

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    x2 about being dedicated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information