Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Far from massive
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong

Thread: Steroids and dry skin..anyone?

vaders4 is offline Member

Steroids and dry skin..anyone?

I've been doing research as I have dermatitis.

For those who don't know, basically my skin is extremely dry and gets irritated. My body does not secrete enough oil to lubricate the skin at times.

An up side is I rarely ever get acne

Anyway, low testosterone is a possible cause of dermatitis (I have low test).

I'm going to start a cycle of 375mg a week of test-c and closely monitor my skin. I am hoping the boost in test will make my skin a little more oily (among other things) and hopefully help my condition and not make it worse.

If anyone has any insight or personal experience regarding this, please chime in.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I do not have dermatitis but I do have fairly dry skin, while test made it a little more oily, Deca really made a change.

I am kind of confused, if you have low test are you considering going on TRT? See the problem is cycling with test is like anything else..you gotta pay the piper eventually so after your cycle you may find your problem worse than before you started. Another thing I have found is that excessive use of AI's seemed to cause dry skin and particularly dry scalp for me, although I have no idea if this is the case for others.
    Dgs59 likes this.

vaders4 is offline Member
    Well I'm going to try test without a doctor and see if it helps. I may have a negative effect and if I do I will no longer cycle or consider hrt. I basically want to see how I react before I dish out the money.

Brenning is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vaders4 View Post
    Well I'm going to try test without a doctor and see if it helps. I may have a negative effect and if I do I will no longer cycle or consider hrt. I basically want to see how I react before I dish out the money.
    Sorry to dig up an ancient topic, I don't seem to have the PM functionality. What happened with this if you don't mind me asking? I've had the same skin condition ever since stupidly running a test / deca cycle when I was 18 without AI or PCT. Doctors have had me on either hydrocortisone cream or Protopic ointment for the best part of 15 years now, which reduces the redness but never fully goes away. Tried running a test cycle (properly this time with AI and proper PCT) more recently but my skin problems didn't seem to go away.
    Last edited by Brenning; 08-28-2021 at 08:14 PM.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenning View Post
    Sorry to dig up an ancient topic, I don't seem to have the PM functionality. What happened with this if you don't mind me asking? I've had the same skin condition ever since stupidly running a test / deca cycle when I was 18 without AI or PCT. Doctors have had me on either hydrocortisone cream or Protopic ointment for the best part of 15 years now, which reduces the redness but never fully goes away. Tried running a test cycle (properly this time with AI and proper PCT) more recently but my skin problems didn't seem to go away.
    His latest post was in 2011. I don't think he's coming back.
    Dgs59 likes this.

Thread Information