Thread: Cycle Critique

Analytic is offline New Member

Cycle Critique

First, I'm 37 years old been working out regularly for 5 years. before that was in Military for 13 years and got most of my exercise sporadically and hap haphazardly military style... But have always been healthy and i fairly decent shape.

Currently weigh 220 at 6' 2" Body fat % is above 20%. My main goal is to drastically reduce body fat while gaining muscle at the same time, while also stabilizing my hormonal and metabolic profile to return it to how it was in my early 20's. Think I am experiencing subtle signs of Andropause .

Diet I am changing this drastically. I am going to do a modified Keto / BodyOpus diet. I have done low carb before and have always had great results. I have the capacity to be very disciplined with my diet when I want to be.

I have done lots of research on gear and for my goals and comfort level this is what I have come up with:

Sustanon 10 weeks 250 a week (70 days)
    Novla 100 days 10 mg day
    Proviron 80 days 25 Mg a day
    Turanabol 80 days 10 & 20mg a day

To help Kick start metabolism and push into ketosis quickly
    T-3 1Mg 2 x a day for 50 days
    Glucobay 100mg 2 x a day with meal
    first 30days
    Metaformin 500mg 2 x a day with meal
    First 30days

PCT
    Whatever Novla I have left over continue to take
    Hcg 2 weeks after last sust (for 3 weeks)
    Clomid 30 days

What do ya think? Any pointers

Thanks

Blade15 is offline Senior Member
    You should get to 12/14% of bf before you start your cycle.. What diet you have in mind.. post it so experts can suggest you what to change...

Quote Originally Posted by Blade15 View Post
    You should get to 12/14% of bf before you start your cycle.. What diet you have in mind.. post it so experts can suggest you what to change...
    I am doing a Keto / BodyOpus type diet. Why 12-14% body first?

Analytic

Quote Originally Posted by Analytic View Post
    Diet I am changing this drastically. I am going to do a modified Keto / BodyOpus diet. I have done low carb before and have always had great results. I have the capacity to be very disciplined with my diet when I want to be.

I have done lots of research on gear and for my goals and comfort level this is what I have come up with:

Sustanon 10 weeks 250 a week (70 days)
    Novla 100 days 10 mg day
    Proviron 80 days 25 Mg a day
    Turanabol 80 days 10 & 20mg a day

To help Kick start metabolism and push into ketosis quickly
    T-3 1Mg 2 x a day for 50 days
    Glucobay 100mg 2 x a day with meal
    first 30days
    Metaformin 500mg 2 x a day with meal
    First 30days

PCT
    Whatever Novla I have left over continue to take
    Hcg 2 weeks after last sust (for 3 weeks)
    Clomid 30 days

What do ya think? Any pointers

Thanks
    See the bolded parts for what I am doing to address Diet and BF%...

Analytic

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    I am doing a Keto / BodyOpus type diet. Why 12-14% body first?

Analytic
    most here will reccomend a lower bf% to help reduce the chance of estogen related side effects (erse) ie; gyno, bloat. now when you say above 20% how much above would you say.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Oh boy. There is so much wrong in here and it would be a challenge to go on and try to fix each and every. High BF to begin a cycle first and foremost, wrong choice of gear and a horrible PCT design on top of it. Here are your pointers, sir:

1. Do your diet and get your body fat under 15% in order to achieve better and faster results from your cycle. It is scientifically proven that men with BF over 15% have higher levels of estrogen and therefore they usually have to deal with estrogen related issues, which might be a reason why you think you are experiencing subtle signs of andropause . In short, low BF is a pre-requisite.

2. One gear for your first cycle only. You would already know why if you have done your resarch as compherensively as you claim to have done it. Your best bet will be 100 mg of Test Prop EOD injections for 8-10 weeks.

3. Endos advice AAS users to employ HCG as a cycle-therapeutic gear as opposed to PCT only gear in order to maintain rather healthy/regular testicular functions. So, you are looking at HCG 250 i.u. E3D injections that starts from Week 2 and it extends to the PCT. You should do a better research about HCG use also.

4. You cannot rely on Proviron during a cycle. Proviron has proven itself to be seemingly useless to the majority of AAS users over the years and some Endos approach it with great caution also. Forget what you have read or heard about it, most of the positive references about Proviron are bunch of myths. It is not a good friend of AAS users and you are better of dropping this compound from your cycle and emloy Arimidex 0.5 gr EOD instead for keeping estrogen under control.

4. Your PCT ideally needs to consist of more than one compound to ensure a faster and better recovery. A solid PCT after a 8-10 week test cycle needs to look like something like this:

Clomid 100/100/50/50 ED
    Nolvadex 40/40/20/20/20/20 ED
    HCG 250 i.u.
    A low dose of Arimidex or Aromasin ED

Thank you for the advice.

A few things.

1. My goal is to be under 10% body fat Which is why I am going to run T3, glucobay and metaformin along with my BodyOpus diet while I am cycling.

2. I am not looking to get super bulky at all My first priority is to reduce body fat while just maintaining muscle and gaining some muscle while getting a little cut.

3. During the cycle I designed I am running both Novla with Proviron to eliminate as much estrogen as possible. I assume, as you have, that I DO have too much current estrogen because of my BF%... So I want to make sure I shut off and eliminate estrogen as much as possible. Quite frankly I am not willing to wait to get my BF down below 15% before I cycle. If I was able to get my BF down I would have done it already. I am 37 NOT 22. Although I want to also mitigate as much problems with estrogen as I possibly can at the same time.

4. I would be running a low does of Sust 250mg 1 time a week for 10 weeks

5. I would be stacking the sust with turanabol. Turanabol has been reported to stimulate bodies own production of test while also being an anabolic compund similar to D-bol but not as powerful or as rife with side effects in it's own right.

6. I never thought about cycling with HCG to keep my own Testosterone pumping as well... That may be a good idea. Maybe I will replace the Proviron with HCG. the only thing about Proviron is that it is supposed to eliminate Estrogen production all together while Novladex just blocks it. Using both is a pincer movement to eliminate the affects of Estrogen. HCG would do nothing to eliminate Estorgen just keep my own testosterone production pumping...

7. You assumeed that this is my first cycle... It is NOT. Although I have not used any gear for about 8 years or so. Back then it was just Winstrol with Sust and NO real PCT.

8. My PCT I planned if you read closely is not just "one product" It's actually three, Novla, HCG and Clomid.

9. I would not be "relying on Proviron" solely sinc I would be stacking it with Novla as well. I only liked the idea of Proviron becasue it attacked estrogen from a
    different angle then Novla.

10. I like the idea of also adding something during the cycle to keep my own testosterone pumping and high. HCG is a good addition. I 'm just not too fond of 2 seperate injections.

Thanks for all the advice.

Analytic
    Last edited by Analytic; 04-11-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Thank you for the advice.

A few things.

1. My goal is to be under 10% body fat Which is why I am going to run T3, glucobay and metaformin along with my BodyOpus diet while I am cycling.

2. I am not looking to get super bulky at all My first priority is to reduce body fat while just maintaining muscle and getting a little cut.

3. During the cycle I designed I am running both Novla with Proviron to eliminate as much estrogen as possible. I assume, as you have, that I DO have too much current estrogen because of my BF%... So I want to make sure I shut off and eliminate estrogen as much as possible. Quite frankly I am not willing to wait to get my BF down below 15% before I cycle. If I was able to get my BF down I would have done it already. I am 37 NOT 22. Although I want to also mitigate as much problems with estrogen as I possibly can at the same time.

4. I would be running a low does of Sust 250mg 1 time a week for 10 weeks

5. I would be stacking the sust with turanabol. Turanabol has been reported to stimulate bodies own production of test while also being an anabolic compund similar to D-bol but not as powerful or as rife with side effects in it's own right.

6. I never thought about cycling with HCG to keep my own Testosterone pumping as well... That may be a good idea. Maybe I will replace the Proviron with HCG. the only thing about Proviron is that it is supposed to eliminate Estrogen production all together while Novladex just blocks it. Using both is a pincer movement to eliminate the affects of Estrogen. HCG would do nothing to eliminate Estorgen just keep my own testosterone production pumping...

7. You assumeed that this is my first cycle... It is NOT. Although I have not used any gear for about 8 years or so. Back then it was just Winstrol with Sust and NO real PCT.

8. My PCT I planned if you read closely is not just "one product" It's actually three, Novla, HCG and Clomid.

9. I would not be "relying on Proviron" solely sinc I would be stacking it with Novla as well. I only liked the idea of Proviron becasue it attacked estrogen from a
    different angle then Novla.

10. I like the idea of also adding something during the cycle to keep my own testosterone pumping and high. HCG is a good addition. I 'm just not too fond of 2 seperate injections.

Thanks for all the advice.

Analytic
    ^^bold
    gear is not gonna cut 10+% bf diet and training will do that, quite frankly you sound too lazy and unmotivated and for that reason i wouldn't waste your money or time.
    if tou don't have the drive and dedication to lower bf through diet and exercise than pick a new hobby. sorry not being a dick just calling it like i see it

Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    ^^bold
    gear is not gonna cut 10+% bf diet and training will do that, quite frankly you sound too lazy and unmotivated and for that reason i wouldn't waste your money or time.
    if tou don't have the drive and dedication to lower bf through diet and exercise than pick a new hobby. sorry not being a dick just calling it like i see it
    sorry not being a dick just calling it like i see it
    LOL,... please don't pee on my leg and tell me it is raining.

I never said Gear alone is going to cut my body fat down to where I want it... Please pay attention and read carefully before you make such sweeping judgments... and YES you ARE being a "dick" and I call it as I see it as well...

I am going to diet,.. Have you ever read BodyOpus? Although, I am not going to compete, nor be that type... Not my interest... SO you want to call it a "hobby"? Duh. tons of people take gear and other metabolic supplements and drugs for other reasons than just to compete in bodybuilding...As I said in my origional post it's not to become a ripped bodybuilder type... I am more interested in returning my metabolic state to where it was when I was in my 20's. You ever read any Life extensionalist and anti-aging stuff?... Most use and recommend gear and it has nothing to do with body building in general.

SO since you feel you are in a position to judge if someone is lazy or not based on BF % let me ask you what is your BF % ? Are you over age 35? Are you 6' 2" and been 200 plus pounds since high school?. My body fat has % has not always been this high. although the lowest it has ever been was around 13% and that was through low carb dieting and training al ot in my mid 20's... So yes I know what it takes, and if you want to compare current lifestyle and resume's to see who is "lazy" I am willing to put my stuff on the table, I'm game... Are you?

You know very little about me or my actual commitment or dedication level or actual body composition. I am certainly NOT a GymRat nor do I plan on being one... I have a life including a wife, kids and lucrative career... But I know the limitations that genetics and past bad habits play in realistically reaching ones goals... Besides If I don't hit my goals with using some gear I'm not going to blame it on the gear... It's my time and my money to waste if I so choose... So now that we addressed that let's move on.

Just looking for some objective "non-dickish" advice on cycles, stacks and such... No need for the "small penis" commentary.

Analytic
    Last edited by Analytic; 04-11-2011 at 03:13 PM.

So I am a little confused about Armidex... Does it work like Novladex by blocking estrogen or does it eliminate estrogen production kind of like proviron ? It seems Armidex also boosts natural test production which is nice.

Thanks

LOL,... please don't pee on my leg and tell me it is raining.

I never said Gear alone is going to cut my body fat down to where I want it... Please pay attention and read carefully before you make such sweeping judgments... and YES you ARE being a "dick" and I call it as I see it as well...

I am going to diet,.. Have you ever read BodyOpus? Although, I am not going to compete, nor be that type... Not my interest... SO you want to call it a "hobby"? Duh. tons of people take gear and other metabolic supplements and drugs for other reasons than just to compete in bodybuilding...As I said in my origional post it's not to become a ripped bodybuilder type... I am more interested in returning my metabolic state to where it was when I was in my 20's. You ever read any Life extensionalist and anti-aging stuff?... Most use and recommend gear and it has nothing to do with body building in general.

SO since you feel you are in a position to judge if someone is lazy or not based on BF % let me ask you what is your BF % ? Are you over age 35? Are you 6' 2" and been 200 plus pounds since high school?. My body fat has % has not always been this high. although the lowest it has ever been was around 13% and that was through low carb dieting and training al ot in my mid 20's... So yes I know what it takes, and if you want to compare current lifestyle and resume's to see who is "lazy" I am willing to put my stuff on the table, I'm game... Are you?

You know very little about me or my actual commitment or dedication level or actual body composition. I am certainly NOT a GymRat nor do I plan on being one... I have a life including a wife, kids and lucrative career... But I know the limitations that genetics and past bad habits play in realistically reaching ones goals... Besides If I don't hit my goals with using some gear I'm not going to blame it on the gear... It's my time and my money to waste if I so choose... So now that we addressed that let's move on.

Just looking for some objective "non-dickish" advice on cycles, stacks and such... No need for the "small penis" commentary.

Analytic
    Im 40 5'-9" 190lbs 13% cut down from 17% 10 weeks ago because i finally got my ass out of bed at 5:30 in the morning and busted my ass doing cardio and than hit the weights in the afternoon. i was 195 and 20+% back in sept so i speak from understanding of the difficulties of dropping bf.

Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    Im 40 5'-9" 190lbs 13% cut down from 17% 10 weeks ago because i finally got my ass out of bed at 5:30 in the morning and busted my ass doing cardio and than hit the weights in the afternoon. i was 195 and 20+% back in sept so i speak from understanding of the difficulties of dropping bf.
    Well good then you understand... I have no issues getting up at 5:30 to do cardio in fact I have already been doing that at least 4 days a week. Albeit I need to bump up my cardio and get a handle on my diet... But I was going to do this before I took any gear... I am not going to take any gear for at least another month. I am starting my diet in 1 week. I am going to bump up my cardio....

I see no harm in the dosages I am planning to run to focus on bring my BF % down at the same time that I run some gear. I am not doing a goofy ovoerdose cycle... Basically 3 goals. Increase Testosterone in body, lower estrogen in body, ramp up metabolism to burn fat and lower BF %. Not all of this will be accomplished using gear.

Analytic

I guess the consensus is that I should focus solely on getting my BF % down before I even think about adding any gear... Does this mean I will receive NO benefit from the light cycle I have mapped out to run if I don't wait for my body fat % to drop to 15% or below?

Analytic

Does anyone else have any input?

Thanks

Thread Information