TOkidd is offline Productive Member

Gyno not related to AAS. Doctors not helping! Will Letro help?

I've posted this over in the PCT forum, but no one has replied to any of the 3 threads I've started there.

Hopefully some knowledgeable people will help me out here, because I know there are countless threads on gyno reversal and whatnot so people tend to ignore them - hell, my posts are usually ignored.

My stats:
    Height: 6'3"
    Weight: 210
    BF: Low to very low. Recently my bulking diet has given me a little extra weight around the mid-section, but my abs, obliques, and serratus are still well-defined.

Anyhow, back in February I noticed that the area around both my nipples were very sore. I didn't think much about it at the time, figuring it would go away on its own, but it didn't go away and soon the area around my nipples became swollen so that when looked at from a side profile they were conical/pointy rather than flat/rounded as in a normal pectoral muscle. I hadn't done AAS in 9 years, but my experience with them made me think it was gyno right away. In the months leading up to this outbreak of gyno, I had spontaneously gained 30 pounds and then started getting nasty bouts of acne like I hadn't had since I was 19. So obviously some kind of hormonal thing was going on inside me. I don't take any meds that would cause this.

So I went to my doc, who examined me and told me I didn't have gyno. There were and still are no lumps under my nipples - the area is just swollen and sore. I still hoped it would go away. It didn't. I had labs done. Hormones were normal. I went to another doctor. He examined me and told me I may have to see an endo, but then refused to refer me (he was convinced I was abusing steroids simply because I'm lean and muscular and have this problem, so I guess he decided to punish me).

In the mean time I had been doing tons of online reading about reversing gyno with Letro. I read stories of people for whom it had worked, and stories of people for whom it did nothing. I read about different dosing schemes, some people saying 2.5mg for three months, others saying 2.5mg for four weeks, other saying .25 for one day, .5 the next, 1 the next, 1.5 the next, 2 the next, then continue with 2.5 until symptoms subside, then taper back down to avoid rebound estro. Some recommend using Nolva against rebound estro. Some say it's not necessary.

Everybody always says: "use the search function." Sometimes that's just a great way to read hundreds of different (often conflicting) opinions, and get more confused. I've used the "search" function on five different BB sites and Googled my problem, but still feel lost in the various theories. I'm hoping people who have had a similar problem could chime in and tell me their experiences so that I have a protocol to follow that is not just theoretical or anecdotal, but has actually worked. I'd also like to know about rebound estro and whether people who have used Letro to reverse gyno have had the problem re-occur if they didn't use Nolva after stopping the Letro.

Just to make things more complicated, I'm about to start a 12-week test E. / D-bol cycle. I guess I'm going to have to put that off. But I'm wondering, how long will the process of gyno reversal take? How long after quitting the Letro should I start my cycle?

I hope people can help. It would be greatly appreciated. I try to contribute whatever knowledge I can to this board. I'm hoping that the few times I post a question, people will take the time to help me.

TOkidd

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    if it came 9 years after using AAS, and uve gained 30lbs and xtra acne... then ur hormones are messed up. and i would go with nolva before letro for gyno not related to aas.

letro gets in fat tissue better, so for when its steroid induced its better. Nolva is better for idiopathic gyno, and pubertal gyno. also it doesnt have the harsh effects as letro does.

TOkidd is offline Productive Member
    Noles12:

Bino's thread is very helpful. But because this isn't related to AAS, I'm wondering if it's relevant.

So let's say I decide to take 2.5 of Letro until symptoms improve - I was hoping I could go straight into my cycle and that the A-dex would keep any further gyno from appearing. 12 weeks of Test E. followed by PCT.

What a mess. I didn't even take AAS and still managed to end up with gyno.

Thread Information