enkephalin is offline New Member

Best hair loss product?

I am contemplating purchasing a hair loss product to combat my receding hairline. I will likely be getting it through ARR or a pharmacy in my friends home country where those products are sold OTC.

What are your guys's favorite hair loss products and why?

Note: I will not be using any steroids in the future so an excess of testosterone is not a concern.

Thedud3 is offline Banned
    Rasors?

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I suggest just shaving your head or getting a hat. There is nothing wrong with being bald.

tballz is offline Senior Member
    Dutasteride and topical spiro.

I've used finasteride over 10 years ago then switched to dutasteride the last 5 years. Baldness is very much in my family and I still have hair.

dsldsl1980 is offline Associate Member
    I'm currently using Propecia and rogain and have gained hair while cycling

Cracovia82 is offline Junior Member
    I've used rogaine foam, total BS imo. I've read an article recently about a new breakthrough study regarding the cause of hairloss, it showed that all patients who were bald still possessed the necessary gene receptors in their scalp but they were inactive. That was the only difference between them and people with hair. The issue now, they said, is how to awaken them to start producing hair. Where as before, the theory was that once hair falls out it can't regrow in that area again. Pretty promising, I hope they figure out a cure. Well it's either that or a transplant. I'll try to find a link.

http://www.king5.com/health/Doctors-...113040469.html
    Last edited by Cracovia82; 04-12-2011 at 04:14 PM.

EasyDoesIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by enkephalin View Post
    I am contemplating purchasing a hair loss product to combat my receding hairline. I will likely be getting it through ARR or a pharmacy in my friends home country where those products are sold OTC.

What are your guys's favorite hair loss products and why?

Note: I will not be using any steroids in the future so an excess of testosterone is not a concern.
    Propecia works very well. It takes about 6 months to start noticing more hair and probably about 2 months to halt hair loss. Generic rogaine which would be 5% minoxidol in combination with propecia also works pretty well. It is only necessary to use it on your crown, it does not work anywhere else and also makes your hair dry. I suggest generic because it is the same product as Rogaine and is much cheaper. Also, the rogaine foam ends up more on your hair and not on your scalp.

enkephalin is offline New Member
    I'm not quite at the point of shaving my hair—its not that bad yet. But thanks for the input guys, I'll start looking into these products.

Minion0812 is offline Associate Member
    I use roagaine foam and noticed that while it hasn't regrown hair, I haven't been losing it that bad either. However I am not looking for rogaine to regrow but merely to postpone my baldness. (Hopefully til they have an overnight pill so i will have an afro in the morning!) lol I wish!

mrniceguy215 is offline Banned
    how do you take dutasteride do you rub it on the scalp or drink it?

Thread Information