benn3700 is offline New Member

Steroids age skin?

Hey just curious, I am thinking of starting a cycle, I am 26, 195lbs and 10 percent body fat all natural. Working out consistently since I was 20. Started off at 155lbs so I think its appropriate time to begin.

However, just wondering, most of my friends that do steroids look quite a bit older than their age, and their skin is rougher as opposed to mine which is smooth. Do steroids age the skin at all and make you look older?

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Well Benn, I think it's a matter of genetics. Some people will look older than the norm for their age, some younger. There might be a connection between the juice, but I've never noticed it.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I have never read anything on that.But people you like to sunbath and those tanning booths.They age more quickly or so it appears.

Scottish-Muscle is offline Junior Member
    I've seen this in a few friends. I know guys who are 30 and look about 60, not sure if the links thru all the steroid "abuse" rather then use. And also using heavy sunbeds, or possibly the constant hydration and dehydration of the skin for shows etc?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sun is the biggest culprit and genetics 2nd. Look at people who work outside for a living. Farmers and such. Old weathered cracked wrinkled skin. Now look at someone who stays out of the sun. Usually much nicer looking skin. I'm lucky so far with good genetics but I have dont my fair share of sun bathing so I'm not to wrinkled yet... My mother is 85 and has skin most 50 yr olds would love to have. She has made it a habit to stay out of the sun. No sun bathing, no tanning and when she does work outside she wears long sleeve and a wide brim hat.

Scottish-Muscle is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Sun is the biggest culprit and genetics 2nd. Look at people who work outside for a living. Farmers and such. Old weathered cracked wrinkled skin. Now look at someone who stays out of the sun. Usually much nicer looking skin. I'm lucky so far with good genetics but I have dont my fair share of sun bathing so I'm not to wrinkled yet... My mother is 85 and has skin most 50 yr olds would love to have. She has made it a habit to stay out of the sun. No sun bathing, no tanning and when she does work outside she wears long sleeve and a wide brim hat.
    Alough I'd tend to agree with the sun causing an aged look due to damage of the skin, I don't believe everyone is pre-disposed to this. I think genetics are heavily involved, probs 1st rather then 2nd. Example is my family, im caucasion btw but then again we don't know what the colour of our ancestors were generations ago were, if there was a mix at some point. But anyway my grandfather and grandmother literally were in the sun all the time from a young age and even up to the age of 86 which my grandfather lived to his skin was very very dark but looked great for his age, my grandmother the same she is 82 and looks seriously 20 years younger very very good skin but still tanned, same with mother.

I have noticed other people though using sunbeds and in the sun quite often developing wrinkles etc. Im positive it's all genetic and down to your skin cells/dna etc. I mean look at black guys in Africa for example in the sun 24/7 but no damage but this is due to the genetic chain? of how their skin cells can and have adapted to UV light/rays. Alough im not 100% on this.

So does it age skin or not lol. I know sun ages as well as smoking. But in regards to juice?

Cracovia82 is offline Junior Member
    In my opinion, extended and excessive AAS use will "age" your appearance to an extent, not to mention chance of hairloss, acne (scarring), etc. If you do a few cycles here and there, and abide by a healthy lifestyle you shouldn't have nothing to worry about.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    hasnt harmed my skin after a good few cycles and 16mths trt

layeazy is offline Banned
    depends on your genetics i have noticed however on a cycle my skin gets a little coarser thats about it though

Does the coarseness reverse?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Well, estrogen does play a vital role in keeping your skin smooth and all that (which is why women on birth control have nice skin). So I guess that by increasing androgens and lowering estrogen, you could toughen up your skin a bit. But like others mentioned, the real factors here are sun damage and genetics.

warren916 is offline Associate Member
    Steroids make you look more "manly" so what you see in your friends is a more matured look, a more squared, developed jaw line, less rounded chin....

For instance, look at Kevin Levrone while he was competing....look at him now...he's a lot rounder.

Thread Information