jptravel33 is offline New Member

Cycle advice while training for a triathlon

Guys,

I'm 5'9" 177, ~18% bodyfat, 36 year old, experienced lifter. Have a question for you about training for a triathlon at the same time as doing a cycle/weight training. I've listed both my cycle and the amount of cardio training each week... In addition, I will be lifting heavy 4x a week with my buddy who is a natural bodybuilder. I know many of you are going to recommend waiting on a cycle until after the triathlon, BUT I have a dilemma.

I travel for work and only have a certain window to do my cycle this year. And it happens to coincide with the training for a triathlon I promised to do with my sister and cousin. SO... I want to do the cycle AND train for the triathlon. Will this mess up my heart? And can I still expect to make gains? I know they won't be as serious as if I didn't do all the cardio, but I'm expecting/hoping that I can still gain about 10-15 pounds muscle mass as I'll be training heavy weights 4x a week with my trainer/buddy. THANKS GUYS!

TRIATHLON TRAINING:

Mon: 36 min swim
    Tues: 64 min bike
    Weds: 48 min swim
    Thurs: 30 min run
    Friday: 80 min bike
    Saturday: no cardio
    Sunday: 58 min run

CYCLE:

Week 1: one injection 400 mg Test-e, Dbol 30 mg e/d, adex 1 mg e/d
    Week 2: one injection 400 mg Test-e, Dbol 30 mg e/d, adex 1 mg e/d
    Week 3: one injection 400 mg Test-e, Dbol 30 mg e/d, adex 1 mg e/d
    Week 4: one injection 400 mg Test-e, Dbol 30 mg e/d, adex 1 mg e/d
    Week 5: one injection 400 mg Test-e, Dbol 30 mg e/d, adex 1 mg e/d
    Week 6: one injection 400 mg Test-e, adex .5 mg e/d,
    Week 7: one injection 400 mg Test-e, adex .5 mg e/d
    Week 8: one injection 400 mg Test-e, adex .5 mg e/d
    Week 9: one injection 400 mg Test-e, adex .5 mg e/d
    Week 10: one injection 400 mg Test-e, adex .5 mg e/d
    Week 11: one injection 400 mg Test-e, adex .5 mg e/d
    Week 12: Liquidex .25 mg e/d, Clomid 200 mg e/d
    Week 13: Liquidex .25 mg e/d, Clomid 100 mg e/d
    Week 14: Liquidex .25 mg e/d, Clomid 50 mg e/d

Also, I did a cycle 6 years ago, but nothing since then... First time back on the horse and looking forward to it

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    - EPO
    - Suspension
    - Sodium bicarbonate
    - Alkaline minerals
    - L-Carnitine

etc etc

dbol is the last thing I would advise to a triathlon if you have to ask why....

Not really sure what you are recommending PK-V... And why not dbol ? I began doing research on dbol as Nathan Hollands an Aussie triathlete was banned for using it. Ultimately, I want a cycle to gain mass and not inhibit my triathlon training AND a cycle that would still allow for some mass build with 6-8 hours of cardio a week. Like, I said I'd be happy with 15 pounds over a 10 week cycle. Dbol/Test seemed to be good, but I wanted to know what others with more experience thought...

Lifting heavy and endurance training are counter intuitive. One is firing power muscles and one is firing aerobic muscles (slow twitch). If you're going to train for a triathlon I would stick to lighter weights and more reps. I've also noticed that when I cycle AAS, lift heavy, then try to punch the bag for cardio, my arms and shoulders get so pumped I can't punch for very long. If you're lifting heavy and getting good pumps. There's a good chance you'll get pumped while your swimming, biking, or running.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Lifting heavy and endurance training are counter intuitive. One is firing power muscles and one is firing aerobic muscles (slow twitch). If you're going to train for a triathlon I would stick to lighter weights and more reps. I've also noticed that when I cycle AAS, lift heavy, then try to punch the bag for cardio, my arms and shoulders get so pumped I can't punch for very long. If you're lifting heavy and getting good pumps. There's a good chance you'll get pumped while your swimming, biking, or running.
    THanks for the advice!!! Do you think that I'll still make decent size gains with a lighter weights more reps plan? Like I said, I'm well aware, that I won't make dramatic gains as I would if I weren't doing 7+ hours of cardio a week, but life gets in the way. I'd be happy with moderate gains of 10-15 pounds.

Cyclehard is offline Associate Member
    What do you think about just plain test? Low dose like 250mgs per week?

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jptravel33 View Post
    Guys,

I'm 5'9" 177, ~18% bodyfat, 36 year old, experienced lifter. Have a question for you about training for a triathlon at the same time as doing a cycle/weight training. I've listed both my cycle and the amount of cardio training each week... In addition, I will be lifting heavy 4x a week with my buddy who is a natural bodybuilder. I know many of you are going to recommend waiting on a cycle until after the triathlon, BUT I have a dilemma.

I travel for work and only have a certain window to do my cycle this year. And it happens to coincide with the training for a triathlon I promised to do with my sister and cousin. SO... I want to do the cycle AND train for the triathlon. Will this mess up my heart? And can I still expect to make gains? I know they won't be as serious as if I didn't do all the cardio, but I'm expecting/hoping that I can still gain about 10-15 pounds muscle mass as I'll be training heavy weights 4x a week with my trainer/buddy. THANKS GUYS!

TRIATHLON TRAINING:

Mon: 36 min swim
    Tues: 64 min bike
    Weds: 48 min swim
    Thurs: 30 min run
    Friday: 80 min bike
    Saturday: no cardio
    Sunday: 58 min run

CYCLE:

Week 1: one injection 400 mg Test-e, Dbol 30 mg e/d, adex 1 mg e/d
    Week 2: one injection 400 mg Test-e, Dbol 30 mg e/d, adex 1 mg e/d
    Week 3: one injection 400 mg Test-e, Dbol 30 mg e/d, adex 1 mg e/d
    Week 4: one injection 400 mg Test-e, Dbol 30 mg e/d, adex 1 mg e/d
    Week 5: one injection 400 mg Test-e, Dbol 30 mg e/d, adex 1 mg e/d
    Week 6: one injection 400 mg Test-e, adex .5 mg e/d,
    Week 7: one injection 400 mg Test-e, adex .5 mg e/d
    Week 8: one injection 400 mg Test-e, adex .5 mg e/d
    Week 9: one injection 400 mg Test-e, adex .5 mg e/d
    Week 10: one injection 400 mg Test-e, adex .5 mg e/d
    Week 11: one injection 400 mg Test-e, adex .5 mg e/d
    Week 12: Liquidex .25 mg e/d, Clomid 200 mg e/d
    Week 13: Liquidex .25 mg e/d, Clomid 100 mg e/d
    Week 14: Liquidex .25 mg e/d, Clomid 50 mg e/d
    This is not an intelligently designed cycle and has many flaws. Wrong choice of test for a first cycle (even though you said you did one 6 years ago, who knows what that looked like), wrong injection protocol of test, overdosed initial AI intake, wrong PCT start time and a horrible PCT design overall are some of the most obvious flaws. To make the long conversation short, you will only increase the chances of hurting yourself to a great extend by doing this cycle. One would hope that someone with brains and a conscience here exactly told you this but apparently no one did.
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 04-12-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    This is not an intelligently designed cycle and has many flaws. Wrong choice of test for a first cycle (even though you said you did one 6 years ago, who knows what that looked like), wrong injection protocol of test, overdosed initial AI intake, wrong PCT start time and a horrible PCT design overall are some of the most obvious flaws. To make the long conversation short, you will only increase the chances of hurting yourself to a great extend by doing this cycle. One would hope that someone with brains and a conscience here exactly told you this but apparently no one did.
    OK, so I ran the cycle in my post by the forum in a post a couple months ago and it received good feedback from vets and junior members alike (you can search posts on my name to read what people said). I actually DID change the PCT due to feedback, and the PCT above is posted incorrectly. I copied and pasted from the beginning of my old post and not after receiving edits from members and vets. New PCT is Nolva 20/20/20/20 Clomid 50/50/50/50 beginnning the week after my last pin. Also, this cycle is recommended as a beginner cycle on more than just one bodybuilder site. The flame doesn't hurt my feelings, but I've read up, done my due diligence and ran it by vets. If you have a specific cycle to recommend please send it my way... I'd be happy to research it. I've bought the above cycle (and switched out the PCT), but if it's the wrong cycle I don't mind selling it back and starting over...

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have no intention of bringing the flame and hurting someone's feelings. On the contrary, I am merely motivated by the instinct of preventing someone from hurting themselves and having to put up with some serious health issues in the future. Ending up in TRT for the rest of your life may not even be the worst of these issues, per se. Before I designed my first cycle, I researched and observed for 2 years, which may sound absurd to most people given how long the research was, but I was in no rush for starting an AAS cycle so waiting never was an issue for me. In fact, taking my time and making the best out of it to learn more turned out to be the best thing I could have done, as did I. I also came up with quite unintelligent cycle designs full of essential mistakes initially, but thankfuly had never actually performed any of them.

Here is a detailed list of why I think there are flaws with this cycle and I will also point out the risks involved due to these flaws:

Choice of gear and cycle duration: It is completely up to the user to decide whether a cycle should be 8 weeks long or 16 weeks long, per se. The same principle applies to choice of gear. However, there has to be a solid logic as to why gear X and cycle length Y. Let's make this more clear for you in practical terms: So, you designed a cycle with a base of Test E. and for 11 weeks. Why Test E. and why for 11 weeks, not 8 or 14, per se? Test E. is a long estered AAS and it usually takes up to 6 weeks for it to build up in your system, which is when it really fully kicks in as most users report and due to its long ester it leaves your body slowly as it builds up in your body slowly... An 11 week cycle is neither a short nor a long duration cycle if we were to categorize it as one; however, I can confidently tell you that it is not a long enough cycle for running Test E. efficently. You will get much better results overall with likely less risks if you run a 8 week Test Prop cycle with a 150 mg EOD injection protocol. You would be surprised to see the results with even a considerably low Test Prop. cycle in a short period of time. Test Prop is biologically active for only 3-4 days due to its short ester, meaning that it enters and leaves your body very quickly, as this is also great news concerning PCT start time. Test E. on the other hand, has a biological life of 15-16 days due to its long ester and most people end up wasting their time and money as they start their PCT a week after the last injection of Test E. as you are also planning to. Not to mention that is no PCT and it will prove itself useless regarding overall recovery. Another flaw with your Test E. injection protocol would be injecting it once a week, as your cycle post reveals it, since Test E. has an half-life of 4-6 days and you ought to be inject it twice a week with roughly 4 days in between in order to be able to maintain stable blood levels.

PCT start time, duration and compounds: As I have already mentioned above, the AAS has to be cleared off of your system for your PCT to take effective action. In the case of Test E., you ought to start PCT 16 days after your last injection. In the case of Test Prop, which is seriously what I think you should be using for this cycle at any rate, you wait for only 4 days and confidenty start your PCT. Running Clomid at those doses for 4 weeks after a mild 8 week Test Prop cycle I can agree with; however, as for Tamoxifen (Nolvadex ) dosage and duration should be modified to 40/40/20/20/20/20 for better results. You will be fine with 0.5 gr of Arimidex EOD during a cycle like this, 1 mg ED is an overkill, not to mention AI's are powerful cancer medication gear and they should not be popped like candy drops. You can continue to take Arimidex 0.5 gr ED throughout your PCT also, just to make sure that estrogen levels are not dominant over test. levels so that you have a greater chance of recovering faster and better. Lastly, I observe that you do not have any HCG (Pregnyl). HCG is most likely your best friend during a cycle, it will ensure that you maintain regular testicular functions throughout your cycle by preventing you from going under complete HTPA shut down. HCG 250 i.u. E3D during your cycle + PCT is the injection protocol I have always followed and all I can tell fyou is that I have never experienced total HTPA shutdown or any testicular shrinkage, thanks to the HCG protocol I followed. Sperm count and sperm quality always turned up good in my blood tests performed after PCT. Recovering from cycles after having followed this protocol, topped with a proper PCT, was a piece of cake for me. And I know I am not the only one who will tell you this...

Week 1-8: Test Prop 150 mg EOD, Arimidex 0.5 gr EOD (You will not need Dbol for the kickstart due to presence of Prop, you can still use it if you want).
    Week 2-8: HCG 250 i.u. E3D

PCT (starts 4 days after your last Test Prop injection)

Clomid 50/50/50/50 ED
    Nolvadex 40/40/20/20/20/20 ED
    HCG 250 i.u. E3D
    Arimidex 0.5 gr EOD
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 04-13-2011 at 01:07 AM.

Turkish. Awesome, thanks. I'm going to do some research on your cycle and I'll let you know what I decide as well as keep you posted of my results after I begin my cycle. Your responses have clearly been well thought out and taken you quite a bit of time and I really appreciate it... Thanks SO much...

Thread Information