roundhouse is offline New Member

swollen injection site

So i started my first cycle of test e and im on my 5 week. I have had absolutley no trouble with any of my pins till last thursday (week 4 ) I pinned in my right shoulder ( wich i have done before) and everything felt fine. I pined, aspirated, then injected. no pain at all. i now have a lump, sore to the touch, warm to the touch, and a little red. i use clean pins every time, both to draw and inject. im just worried what it could be. its not sore enough to stop me. im still working out ,but after a workout its pretty red, and warm. i have been iceing it and using a heat pad since monday and it seemsto be helping. any advice would be great. thanks guys

snowman is offline Senior Member
    That used to happen to me ,when i used to inject just in the shoulders, around week 4 or 5 too... i think its scar tissue from injecting the shoulders all the time... try using your gluts , quads too; it does not happen anymore because i use all these other areas.... also helps that you clean the site good with alcohol before you inject, and warm up the liquid/test (whatever you are using) with warm running water.
    You will be fine, keep icing it to keep to swelling down....

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    I find heat seems to comfort better than ice

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    That used to happen to me ,when i used to inject just in the shoulders, around week 4 or 5 too... i think its scar tissue from injecting the shoulders all the time... try using your gluts , quads too; it does not happen anymore because i use all these other areas.... also helps that you clean the site good with alcohol before you inject, and warm up the liquid/test (whatever you are using) with warm running water.
    You will be fine, keep icing it to keep to swelling down....
    thanks. Im a phlebotmist so i know all about cleaning the area. thats honestly why i was confused. i take 300 patients blood a day and understand why the areas need to be cleaned. so i figured as carfeull as i am i couldnt have an infection. i also warm the test up before i inject, i learned that in week 2 how much smoother it was. i have talked to some local guys who pin and they all said itlooked like i tore the muscle due to scare tissue. just worried and was looking for some extra advice. thanks snowman

kleaver is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    I think delts can be the most awkward, because most other common sites (glutes, quads, calves, etc) can use two hands to aspirate and plunge. sometimes all the wiggling around trying to 1h aspirate and push the oil. when it wiggles a lot, i'll have a puffed up/warm delt from irritation...

what is the size of the welt on your delt?

cyounger100 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i just did the same thing last week did glute then had lump lil red sore as fck now a week later its gone not sure what caused it

kbzy is offline New Member
    I am pretty sure its from wiggling the needle around. All that movement has to cause some sort of irritation

kbzy is offline New Member
    Take one aspirin to thin your blood about half hour before working out. Apply a heat pad and gently massage the area later that night. That usually works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kbzy View Post
    Take one aspirin to thin your blood about half hour before working out. Apply a heat pad and gently massage the area later that night. That usually works for me.
    thanks man! ill try that tomorrow night. Now that i think about it i did wiggle it round a bit more than normal. i pinned monday in the quad with no problems. thanks for the help

Thread Information