coffeejunky is offline Junior Member

General questions on dieting while on vs off

Just a few questions.

When natural dieting you dont want to lose more then 2 pounds a week.as you risk losing lbm with a higher deficit. So 1000kcal deficit a day naturally is about the max. And even then you will be losing a tiny amount of lbm.

What about if your on a cycle of test p and tren a? If the dosages matter lets say 500prop and 300tren a week. Could you cut to say a 1500-2000 calorie deficit while retaining lbm?

How much does test or tren actually help when dieting down?

If two people both dieted down for 8 weeks one natural one on test and tren at the dosages mentioned above at the same caloric deficit and same training routine, same everything. They are clones of one another just one is on cycle, how drastically different would the results be?

Gaining muscle while in a calorie deficit is damn near impossoble while natural unless your a noob, but how about while on? I hear story of some people claiming to gain while dieting but most of these people seem to be unknowledgeable and mistake increased definition for size gains when its only an illusion.

Thanks any in depth and knowledgeable anwsers are appreciated.

*do not care about grammer and punctation errors lol.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm 8 weeks in on a 750mg/week enth cycle. My weight has remained stable, yet BF% has been dropping... (no calipers, so not exactly sure by how much). I'm running 7 meals a day (some large, some small), cardio nightly, and morning weight training (not daily), logging about 3+k/cals per day

in this two clone scenerio, the clone on cycle will experience greater BF% reduction and greater retention of LBM. How much of a reduction/retention is difficult to say, since everyone is different.

Having said this, I want to point out that not all calories are the same. you are less likely to lose lbm if you eat 5 or 6 clean meals a day with balanced macros (40/40/20 for example.... you'll need to learn more about this). Don't forget the cardio... to lose BF%, you'd go something like 80% of your "max" heart rate for 40minutes at least 3x a week.

It would be better to avoid the aas for dieting purposes, and instead focus on your food intake and your cardio. Aas should be the last thing to consider, not the first.

Thanks for the reply.

I understand macros and all of that very well , no research in that department needed.

I would like to point out there are no such things as "clean" calories/ foods also. Id rather not get into that though.

Cardio also is not a must, but it does help.

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sean rector View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I understand macros and all of that very well , no research in that department needed.

I would like to point out there are no such things as "clean" calories/ foods also. Id rather not get into that though.

Get into that.

junkiescumbag is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LatissimusaurousRex View Post
    Get into that.
    as long as your macro's are right im assuming?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    it sounds like you've already made up your mind?

what are your stats?

Quote Originally Posted by junkiescumbag View Post
    as long as your macro's are right im assuming?
    You assume correctly

This thread was also never about making up my mind. Just some questions that had been lingering in my mind.

Blade15 is offline Senior Member
    Whats your stats.. look like you got tons of knowledge about all diet, macros, clean calories.. rite..?? you must be at 6'0'', 220 lbs with 8 % bf.. rite??? post the stats bro...

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    This really needs to be in the diet section.

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    This really needs to be in the lounge.

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    good thread and some of you are ripping him for no reason. this is why I rarely post here anymore

Blade15 is offline Senior Member
    Hey... he was just too arrogant.. that was not really my intention to flame on him... but he was saying like he knows everything but still have questions...

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade15 View Post
    Hey... he was just too arrogant.. that was not really my intention to flame on him... but he was saying like he knows everything but still have questions...
    I don't know about you, but I had a very advanced understanding of training and nutrition before I started. Just because someone is a noob to AAS doesn't mean he is a noob to basic bodybuilding principles

sanman is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sean rector View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

This statement is so true.Did lots of reasearch on this & its been working for me.Hit my macros every day sometimes without "clean calories" LOL & no cardio & been losing weight.To date 18 pounds lost & still losing.Calorie is a calorie ......but yes their are healthy calories & none healthy ones.

Thread Information