jamesvinci91 is offline New Member

Should I take steroids?

Hello guys, I am 17 years old, 5.9" tall. I never trained before. I am vegetarian and I have a good diet.

My friend sells Testosterone steroids in pills and I'd like to use steroids for like 1-2 months just to get some small muscles and be a bit in shape, nothing big. I'd take one pill a day, nothing abusive.

Is this dangerous for me, any suggestions or tips? I'd really appreaciate your thoughts, thanks for helping!

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Its very dangerous to use aas at your age..

Spend your time training and dieting correctly, educate yourself and don't listen to others....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    Might want to check out this thread man. How much do you weigh?

If You Are Under 24 Then Read This
    Written by D00fy
    Whats the right age to take steroids (GOOD READ)

About 135 lbs

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesvinci91 View Post
    Hello guys, I am 17 years old, 5.9" tall. I never trained before. I am vegetarian and I have a good diet.

My friend sells Testosterone steroids in pills and I'd like to use steroids for like 1-2 months just to get some small muscles and be a bit in shape, nothing big. I'd take one pill a day, nothing abusive.

Is this dangerous for me, any suggestions or tips? I'd really appreaciate your thoughts, thanks for helping!
    Well, you don't train. Steroids would be subjecting your body to harm for minimal gains (if any). On top of that you're 17 years old and your endocrine system is still developing. Steroids can cause irreversible damage at any age to one's endocrine system, but especially to somebody who hasn't finished developing.

As far as your diet goes, I don't know if you're vegetarian for religious, moral or health reasons, but you need protein to put on mass. And you need lots of calories too. Training aside, I wouldn't want to live life if I couldn't enjoy a nice porterhouse steak with a baked potato smothered in chives, butter and sour cream. But that's just me. Or breakfast wouldn't be worth eating if I couldn't have eggs and bacon and/or sausage.

But for you, you probably want to eat a lot of beans, lots of oatmeal, peanut butter, etc. Diet is key in gaining weight. And I think you should train too. Forget the idea of getting bigger, there is no better feeling on earth then how you feel after a workout where you pushed yourself to the max. It's a high better than any drug you can buy off a drug dealer. And I suppose most of the people on this site and many other training sites have that same addiction. And it's a healthy one too!

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    You should hit up the diet section. When i was your age it was hard for me to gain weight also, just have to eat eat eat and hit it hard.

higgy is offline Associate Member
    You need to listen to the highly educated members of this forum, do not cycle at this time in your life. You are too young, too light, and you don't have enough training experience.
    We are not trying to dictate your life, we are just letting you know the dangers of using anabolics at a young age.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Steroids can`t fix bad diet and training. Also at your age you have naturally high test levels that you should try and take advantage of.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    bump

James, a good portion of us here had problems gaining weight. Especially when we were young. A lot of us didn't know how to train very effectively, but most of us didn't know how to eat very well. Now you're fortunate that you have the internet at your fingertips where you have access to thousands and thousands of veterans who can give you the information you need which we had to learn the hard way.

I wish when I was your age, this site and the other bodybuilding sites were available. Anyways, hit up the diet/nutrition section and also the training section.

snowman is offline Senior Member
    Hello guys, I am 17 years old, 5.9" tall. I never trained before then why the FVCk are you thinking of using Steroids, IF you never trained before???? would it not make more since to start training, and see how well your body will develop, or it that to hard for you??? . I am vegetarian and I have a good diet.

My friend sells Testosterone steroids in pills and I'd like to use steroids for like 1-2 months just to get some small muscles and be a bit in shape, nothing big. I'd take one pill a day, nothing abusive. get your ass in the Gym and work hard first, before you take any steroids for all you know, your friend will sell you baking soda in a cap, and tell you its testosterone in a pill

Here is my Opinion in BOLD above,and i dont even care that you are 17 and to young....

My objective is not to gain weight, but have more power in muscle in order to build some muscles. I read the article above, and they suggest creatine, its description seems very nice to me. So, I think I'll begin training with that.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    NO, you need to get a good meal plan put together to help you reach your goals,you need to maintain a workout program and stay constant with both,you will need to put in WORK!

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    My objective is not to gain weight, but have more power in muscle in order to build some muscles. I read the article above, and they suggest creatine, its description seems very nice to me. So, I think I'll begin training with that.

Dont want to put on weight? I suppose you are meaning fat, because if you develop muscle you will put on weight,IMO i would not even worry about creatine or any kind of supplement at this point,the most important is what you are eating.

The way to get more power in your muscles is to lift heavy. And to fuel it, you need at least 6 hours of sleep per night (I recommend 8) and you need lots of protein and a caloric surplus. At your age, you're a testosterone producing factory though, make good use of it while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    The way to get more power in your muscles is to lift heavy. And to fuel it, you need at least 6 hours of sleep per night (I recommend 8) and you need lots of protein and a caloric surplus. At your age, you're a testosterone producing factory though, make good use of it while you can.
    I sleep 10 hours a night and eat good things. To prepare myself for the training, I guess I'll need to eat more protein and carbs.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    As said get to the diet section and seek help from the experts there. Most who are young and light do not eat enough times during the day 6-8 meals and also generally are overtraining, you want to concentrate on heavy wieghts with compound movements. If you lift heavy and limit the number of sets and eat well you will amost certainly gain, conversly if you only eat 3-4 times a day and run and play sports and do lots of sets you will never gain much mass. Oh yeah and do not neglect the lower body, deadlifts and squats are the fastest way to get big arms believe it or not.

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    I think you got your question answered here. If you have no training exp and your a vegatarian YOU WILL NOT KEEP ANY GAINS YOU MAKE. If you cant stay big once you get there what is the point?? Vegatarian diet is prob why you wiehg 135 at 17years old. You eat like a pigeon. Learn how to life, learn how to eat, and that will mass you up far more than steroids ever could on there own

apacheman75 is offline Junior Member
    Need to add in some beef to that diet!

juicedouthrt is offline New Member
    I decided to create an account and start posting on this forum to help offer some opinions from someone who has used and over-abused and now deals with the consequences. I will never tell anybody what to do with themselves, but will merely provide real life example of what can happen. I wish more had done the same for me.

Just know that at young ages, your body is producing testosterone just fine. And will continue to do so for quite some time in your life. But during this early period, your body is setting the stage for how it will react for the remainder of your living years. Messing with vital body systems such as your endocrine system including testes, pituitary, etc. can change how your body will act for the rest of its life. Even with proper PCT, whats you start messing with your hormone levels, there is a high probability of permanently altering them.

Yes, I am now on HRT. I have a schedule for the shots I no longer want to take as building muscle is no longer the priority of my life. It is different from a needs standpoint from your current "want" standpoint. It will not always be fun; I want to have a family, but my testosterone levels are naturally so low that its verging on the side of improbable at this point. Beyond that, my normal functioning in day to day life is highly impaired without the use of testosterone or hormone signaling substances. Energy, motivation, libido, confidence; your endocrine system plays a huge roll in all of this and altering can permanently affect not just the physical production of male characteristics, but mental thought process and behavior. Testosterone and hcg procedures to attempt to create something I knew I always wanted (a family) but never really cared about in my quest for olympian status is disheartening, frustrating, and saddening.

Be careful what you do to yourself, think long and hard about whether you want to start messing with what was created as a functioning, living organism. Its hard to tell what you want in the future, but its harder to deal with the future when you've closed the doors on the possibilities.

Now some of you can start flaming away, I'm sure, but as I said, this is merely anecdotal evidence of what can happen.

mrniceguy215 is offline Banned
    the short answer NO

calstate23 is offline Banned

I'm assuming this is just a joke right??? 17, NEVER trained, and a vegetarian and you want to take STEROIDS??? If this isn't a joke, then you answered your own question just with those 3 statements..
    Last edited by calstate23; 04-14-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Thedud3 is offline Banned
    L O L can't reply something inteligent to something so stupid Rofl...

Thread Information