jjp53 is offline Junior Member

What should I use

Hi everyone one I am new to this website and had a couple of questions. I am 29 years old and have been training on and off since high school. I have looked into using "supplements" in the past but couldnt figure what to use or how much and how long to take it. I have friends who have used them but i havent seen any BIG results. So as far as results I would like to see are size and reduced bodyfat with minimum side effect. When I researched it in the past I was interested in using some sort of Testosterone and GH supplement what else would you recommend? What brand and doses?

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    You need to read the educational threads on pct and beginners cycles.There is a ton of info here.Good luck.

jjp53 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks SD

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Do a search for beginners cycles. That will give you info applicable to you. Your head will explode if you try to learn everything about everything.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome to the board!

Before anyone considers any steroid for weightlifting purposes, there are a variety of things you need to have ready.

For example, your diet should really be spot on. This means understanding what your BMR (base metabolic rate) is. You can search that in the diet section. If your goal is to gain weight, then you would add a few hundred calories a day to your BMR. Additionally, you should be eating 6+ meals a day. The idea is that your body can only properly metabolize the food you eat for two to three hours. Therefore, if you want to keep your body supplied with the necessary building blocks to build and grow muscle, you need to eat frequently. Not only that, but you need to understand your caloric intake at a macro level (protein/carbs/fat), and have a nice balance.... a real rough first target would be 40/40/20, but you should customize it to meet your goals.

Also, not only what you eat is important, but when you eat it. For example, the only time simple carbs should be consumed is immediately after a workout. Complex carbs an hour before workout. You can go to the diet section, look at a few diet plans there that are posted, make one you feel fits your goals, and post it up for us to look at it. We will critique it, and point out things that are inconsistant with your goals.

I'm not going to go into the exercise piece, other than to say two things....

most of the newer members to the board don't pay enough attention to their legs

most newer members overtrain. Beginners / intermediate level athletes probably only need to work a muscle group once a week.

To reduce body fat, I would suggest cardio, 3+ days a week, 40 minutes a day at 80% of your "max" heartrate
    additionally, I would recommend only drinking water... no diet soda, no milk, to quench your thirst.

Try this for 6 months and see how much natural progress you will make.
    Then let us know!
    Good luck

Thread Information