Inquisitor is offline Associate Member

Theory about acne related to potency

Regarding testosterone potency (mgs / ml). If I am prone to acne during a cycle, would it be more advantageous for me to use a higher potency testosterone, thus injecting less "oil" in my system on average ?? Let me break it down more.

200 mg/ml testosterone has about 37 ml of oil per 50 ml equaling .74/ml or
    74% oil.

400 mg/ml testosterone has about 30 ml of oil per 50 ml equaling .60/ml or
    60% oil.

Let's say I wanted to do 400 mg / week, then I would have to do 2 cc of the 200 (74% mixture) per week equaling 1.48 ml of oil per week.

For the same 400 mg / week dose, I would only have to inject only 1 cc of the 400 (60% mixture) per week, equaling .6 ml of oil per week.

The overall ratio would be injecting less than half the amount (40.5%) of oil by going with the higher potency.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I would bring that one up to Bonaparte.He is good with that stuff.But I dont think it has to do with the oil.I believe its the homonal changes in the body.

Vullfromsc is offline Associate Member
    interesting though.. but i will have to agree with songdog on this. fluctuating estrogen and testosterone levels are the reason for acne

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Its the changes in chemistry not the oil, using a low oil formula will only mean you will have backne ( acne on your back) along with corks ( small lumps caused by inadequate breakdown of aas) where you pin.

Just to add thought to the discussion, I ran my one and only cycle starting with test enanthate . I was equipped with enough to run my full cycle when I started, but one of the vials came apart at the cap and, long story short, I lost most of the vial. So, I had to quickly turn to a friend who supplied me with some pharm grade test cyp at only 200 mg/ml versus the original enanthate which was 250 mg/ml. Not much of a difference, but nonetheless I broke out with acne almost immediately after starting the different test. Now, I thought about it maybe being a different type of oil that I could have reacted to. And "yes", I thought about the test itself causing the acne from hormonal changes, but that's why I posted this because I've become curious about it. I was really curious when I saw my acne go from nothing to "completely covering my chest and shoulders" with the switch of testosterone source.

layeazy is offline Banned
    What happens with the test is that it opens up the sebaceous gland that releases more oil output into your skin. Accutane works by making the gland smaller so you release alot less oil output.

If you are acne prone you are best just getting a decent scrub and apparently pro activ does work sometimes.. also depends on the amount of test more test more sides less test less sides...

I am currently running Test/Deca and the Deca is the first thing that ever caused backne on me. I have found in my case that using a cheap shampoo without conditioner strips enough of the oil from the skin to almost completely eliminate it. Bar soap on the other hand contains so much oil that it does little to cure the problem. Another thing of course is to get out of sweaty clothes immediatly, if I am working around the house and its hot out I may go through 3-4 teeshirts in a day, I feel that clean cottons ability to wick oil and sweat plays a big factor in acne in areas covered by clothing.

Zaf21 is offline Associate Member
    Have you thought about using an AI for the acne

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It has little (if anything) to do with the volume of oil injected. Just go with whatever concentration you like and look to other means for acne help.

Thanks for the insight. I may try an AI, like a few of you stated, on my next cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    Its the changes in chemistry not the oil, using a low oil formula will only mean you will have backne ( acne on your back) along with corks ( small lumps caused by inadequate breakdown of aas) where you pin.
    So "Far from massive",.. I gather that the lower potency (200 or 250 mgs/ml) would probably be the better choice for a low dose cycle like 400 per month. Would you agree ??

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor View Post
    So "Far from massive",.. I gather that the lower potency (200 or 250 mgs/ml) would probably be the better choice for a low dose cycle like 400 per month. Would you agree ??
    Yes absolutely, With long ester tests like Cyp or Enan either 200 or 250 will be well tolerated and absorbed with no problems as long as they are not bogus gear. The only reason to have high dose gear is if you are pinning a lot of it then you can reduce the volume being injected but I still think anything over 250 is usually a bad choice.

Where you really start to get into trouble is with things like Super Test 450 or Super Sust 400 or the like where the UGL's formulate very high doses of test for the simple fact that people buy them thinking more is better...then they come here asking if what they can do to get the corks to break down, use of heating pads and the like LOL.

Thread Information