Thread: Shbg

warlord_wang is offline Associate Member

Shbg

How much does high levels SHBG affect gains on a cycle?

nobody?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Basically SHBG is the body's way at maintaining homeostasis, testosterone weather its produced naturally or injected is either held in a "bound" or "free" state. What determines how much "free Test" is floating around our bodies so we can have benefits of building muscle tissue and all the other benefits of Test is SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin).

Studies have shown people with high levels of SHBG find it harder to build muscle than others, this is one of the reason why some bb'ers grow faster and quicker than others and seem to gain on alot on less gear. The more Test what is held in a "bound" state isn't working towards your goal, only the free testosterone is. This is why some who start to inject more test at a huge rate don't make anymore gains than on low dose, SHBG is producing more and holding what your injecting more of in a bound state, kinda pointless exercise.

Wise bodybuilders and top pro's know how to allow more free test be taken up by the cells rather than in a bound state rendering it useless, designing cycles and using compounds what attach to SHBG will allow more free test to flow. Notice how well gains are when you have a long time of gear? this is one of the reason's that a natural way of lowering SHBG.

Bloodwork has been taken on people who have been on test for a number of wks and its clearly shows the build up of SHBG which renders more test useless in a bound state, our own bodies system creating a homeostasis state, if your one of the many guys who class themselves has hard gainers this is one area were you should be looking and i am sure BW would clearly show how much free test is available and how much high levels of SHBG you have.

Certain compounds what attach itself to SHBG and certain natural remedies can help to free up more test.So careful planning of cycles is the key to great gains or better gains than you normally achieve, link all the issues together and create a very anabolic environment and you have cracked it to further muscle gains

Thank you marcus I read a similar post on a few other aas sites. Seems like your highly respected in the aas community thank you for the help. I have another question which would be better in reducing SHBG Aromasin ,Masteron or Proviron ?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord_wang View Post
    Thank you marcus I read a similar post on a few other aas sites. Seems like your highly respected in the aas community thank you for the help. I have another question which would be better in reducing SHBG Aromasin,Masteron or Proviron?
    I had it stored on my computer, i think i wrote it for another site at the time.

Yea I saw a few people talk about it on uk muscle,elite fitness & a few other sites. Anybody else have any useful information on this?

slimshady01 is offline Senior Member
    Ive always had decent total test but my free test was always low because of my SHBG lvls.

How can one free this up during cycle.

I heard Tbol helps lower it. "but not running and oral this time"

Im running deca test next month and would love to see ways to lower this .

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Aromasin lowers SHBG.

My last BW shows Total Test 3xnormal, Free Test 20xnormal.
    Due to SHBG 5 (8-60)

How much aromasin did you run ?

Quote Originally Posted by First Timer 42 View Post
    Aromasin lowers SHBG.

My last BW shows Total Test 3xnormal, Free Test 20xnormal.
    Due to SHBG 5 (8-60)
    thats a good thing to know First Timer 42,i just started aromasin at 25mg/day to lower my very high estrogen levels/At what dose does it help lower shbg?

I did 10mg EOD.
    However my BW Estrogen was still high .31 (<.18)

But that does not mean you are experiencing sides from estrogen.
    My uneducated conclusion on this is, Aromasin will block the receptors from absorbing the estrogen, hence the lower SHBG and lack of Estrogen sides.
    It will still let the Estrogen float freely in the blood, leaving Estrogen to work the way we want it to re. lipid profile, cholesterol....hence the high estrogen value in my BW. If I would have used Adex, then I would have seen an actual reduction of Estrogen value on my BW, which I donīt want as I want Estrogen for my heart.
    I ceased Aromasin 10 days ago, only to experiment, and to see if my theory is true, since I didnīt get the answers I was looking for here. I will do BW again on Monday, to see what the lack of Aromasin did to my BW in regards to Estrogen, SHBG, and Free Test. Then get back on Aromasin, as I see only advantages in running this during my cycle.
    The only argument I have seen speaking against using an AI during cycle is, "We need some estrogen"....but weīre not talking about removing Estrogen, we are reducing...big difference. And by reducing, the result is higher Free Test!!
    Donīt understand why there is so much confusion on AI or not during cycle. Only advantages, especially the way Aromasin works.
    I will let u know what my readings are from Monday.

BF....25mg/day is a lot..wow...why so much?

Let us know your results.

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    I did 10mg EOD.
    However my BW Estrogen was still high .31 (<.18)

But that does not mean you are experiencing sides from estrogen.
    My uneducated conclusion on this is, Aromasin will block the receptors from absorbing the estrogen, hence the lower SHBG and lack of Estrogen sides.
    It will still let the Estrogen float freely in the blood, leaving Estrogen to work the way we want it to re. lipid profile, cholesterol....hence the high estrogen value in my BW. If I would have used Adex, then I would have seen an actual reduction of Estrogen value on my BW, which I donīt want as I want Estrogen for my heart.
    I ceased Aromasin 10 days ago, only to experiment, and to see if my theory is true, since I didnīt get the answers I was looking for here. I will do BW again on Monday, to see what the lack of Aromasin did to my BW in regards to Estrogen, SHBG, and Free Test. Then get back on Aromasin, as I see only advantages in running this during my cycle.
    The only argument I have seen speaking against using an AI during cycle is, "We need some estrogen"....but weīre not talking about removing Estrogen, we are reducing...big difference. And by reducing, the result is higher Free Test!!
    Donīt understand why there is so much confusion on AI or not during cycle. Only advantages, especially the way Aromasin works.
    I will let u know what my readings are from Monday.

BF....25mg/day is a lot..wow...why so much?
    results?

Yes sorry...here it is

.......................Aromasin 10mg EOD...............No Aromasin

Total Test (8-35)............40................................> 50
    Estrogen (<.18).............0.32........................... .. 0.69
    SHBG (8-60)..................5............................ ........17
    Free Test (2.3-9.9)........81.2...............................29. 8

The last BW was taken 5 days after ceasing Aromasin.
    After the BW, I immediately got back on.
    Got tired, lost libido, lost energy and lift, and looked a little bloated.
    I have to take this week off from workout.
    Finally starting to feel better today, and wood is back.
    I guess this experiment cost me some progress..lol, but I really wanted to find out what impact the Aromasin had.
    IMO, why run without. Look what the small dose did to my Free Test......3 times higher!!!!!!
    Last edited by Flier; 05-11-2011 at 08:16 AM.

bhradain is offline New Member
    Yes sorry...here it is

.......................Aromasin 10mg EOD...............No Aromasin

Total Test (8-35)............40................................> 50
    Estrogen (<.18).............0.32........................... .. 0.69
    SHBG (8-60)..................5............................ ........17
    Free Test (2.3-9.9)........81.2...............................29. 8

The last BW was taken 5 days after ceasing Aromasin.
    After the BW, I immediately got back on.
    Got tired, lost libido, lost energy and lift, and looked a little bloated.
    I have to take this week off from workout.
    Finally starting to feel better today, and wood is back.
    I guess this experiment cost me some progress..lol, but I really wanted to find out what impact the Aromasin had.
    IMO, why run without. Look what the small dose did to my Free Test......3 times higher!!!!!!
    good results bro

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    Interesting, Thanks!

lemonada9 is offline Junior Member
    Aromasin is a aromatase inhibitor, so it blocks the conversion of test to estrogen. a SERM blocks the receptors
    So of course taking aromasin will increase free test, and decrease estro + SHBG.

For a arugement against a AI, some dont need it. Thats why u do a test only cycle first to see what you are prone to. I dont need a AI personall, I need a SERM and that controls all my sides. Also, some take to much and have the same sides and are completely lost. If you dont need the AI, then taking one would increase side effects.
    Once you know your base line then it makes it much easier to stack and possibly negate the necessity of taking an Ai or SERM due to correct balancing.

ALso, winistrol is known to lower SHBG , so Would be smart to include that.

Thread Information