Thread: pinnig issues

rmalouf is offline Associate Member

pinnig issues

ok, tried my first winny inject today and had some problems.

i used a 23g needle to draw the solution, it worked very well, i shot some back out to see if it would come out smooth and it did. so i inject my quad and try to press on the syringe and it would not work, i push really freakin hard n nothing, so i tried to different spots on my thigh n still nothing.

Then i got fed up and used a 21g needle and it worked just fine.

im confused, because if i was able to draw the winny easily with the 23g then that means it shouldve worked...

any suggestions???

Thanks!!

parksy is offline Junior Member
    Are you using amps or vials with rubber top... perhaps you blunted the needle or damaged the tip in some way?

using vials...but after i took the needle out it still shot out the winny...u think i should just try again with the 23g tomorrow??

Thedud3 is offline Banned
    Try to pin right in the quads fOr about 1n1/2 inch then come back for about 0.25inch just a bit then inject, it shall work

Also watch if your in a vessel before by pullin cause if their is blood when you pull dont inject

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have had a simalar thing happen twice. Both times it was pinning the thigh so maybe that is part of the problem. Maybe the thigh muscles have points where the muscle fiber is very dense and will not allow the flow to start? I rotate between delts glutes and thighs regularly so I doubt it was scar tissue issue but you never can tell. Anyway sorry I did not have an answer but you are not alone.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    water base steroids have a tendency to be a bitch to inject, something to do with crystals blocking the needle. Have u tried warming it up and shaking the vial to break up any crystalization in the liquid?

will try ur suggestions guys..thanks!!!!

well, tried again and same shit, used the 21g and it was smooth and painless, i guess ill just have to get my hands on some more 21g's...

Or pin in delt is an other choice

Abull78 is offline New Member
    Your quad has fascia. Fascia " silver skin" is very hard compared to muscle. Since the quad is a group of muscles not just a single muscle it has more fascia that a needle may pass through during an injection. The fascia also grows as a muscle grows. Everyone is different, staying in the same quadrant on your thigh, try a slightly different angle and even a different depth. Deeper is generally better but, perhaps your muscle is at a size where having the needle in 1 inch places it into a group of fascia, so change up you inject a little and see if you have better luck.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Everyone has their own style and way of doing things. I personally use both 18 and 23 gauge needles. I use the 18 gauge to draw from the vial with, getting the amount I want, then I switch out the 18 gauge needle tip with the 23 gauge needle tip that I took from the 23 gauge syringe. That way you have a fresh sharp needle to pin with that hasn't been dulled by going through the rubber vial. I then push the syringe just enough to send a drop or two of test down the needle to lubricate it before pinning in my quad. I use an alcohol wipe on the leg to be pinned. I check the area of the quad, about half the length between the upper leg and knee on the outer sides for any noticeable veins and pin around them. I use one hand to stretch the skin on the leg and stick with the other. I've only pinned 36 times so far, 3 cycles and only once have I nicked a vein and it only bled slightly. Works for me.
    Last edited by Shol'va; 04-20-2011 at 02:33 PM.

Thread Information