Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My DNP log

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    so you're more experienced that the vet on this thread, urging ppl to stay away from it?
    yes Marcus is an excellent wealth of knowledge, but with all due respect, he is wrong about DNP . This is the one drug I have researched to death and got most of my info from Conciliator, the most knowledgeable DNP guru on the internet. I also have experience to boot and that I am perfectly healthy with BW to prove it after using it twice (one time up to 3 weeks). It's a great tool that has unfortunately received a bad rep due to misinformation stemming from very old internet forum posts that appeared to have carried on over time. The only time anyone will die from it is if they overdose. The same can be said about Tylenol

wellyou7 is offline New Member
    ^^ i have some questions...

what were the results each time you ran it?

did you ever gain fat back easily after stopping its use?

Quote Originally Posted by wellyou7 View Post
    ^^ i have some questions...

what were the results each time you ran it?

first time ran it for 16 days, dosing from 200mg to 600mg towards the end. Lost 10lbs of fat. It was amazing.
    I noticed bad sweating on 600mg as well as lethargy. 400mg I was also sweating but no lethargy. 200mg sweat was very minimal. Then again, I ran it over the winter.

second time I don't even remember. It was 3 weeks later since I chose to take a break. I didn't plan on going back on but it was an impulse decision because I was going on a vacation right after. I think I used it maybe 7 days all at 600mg and lost more fat (can't remember exactly. I was already lean)

did you ever gain fat back easily after stopping its use?
    the only reason you would gain fat back is if you start eating more. OR since you were on DNP and losing weight on x amount of calories, then all of a sudden you discontinue the DNP...then maybe the same amount of calories will no longer put you in a deficit.

But to answer your question, stopping DNP doesn't make you regain fat unless you do something wrong

wellyou7 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMaleDawg View Post
    the only reason you would gain fat back is if you start eating more. OR since you were on DNP and losing weight on x amount of calories, then all of a sudden you discontinue the DNP...then maybe the same amount of calories will no longer put you in a deficit.

But to answer your question, stopping DNP doesn't make you regain fat unless you do something wrong
    did you lose any muscle?

franklin 13 is offline New Member
    I hear its blown way out of propotion too. Ive read that it can only cause major side effects such as death if you take over a gram....

Ive read that 200mg/day for the first 4 days, 400mg/day for the last 8 is a very common, effective dosage with low sides

You guys shouldnt be telling people not to take DNP when you havent even tried it for yourself.
    ...theres a reason why they haven't tried it for themselves.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    yes Marcus is an excellent wealth of knowledge, but with all due respect, he is wrong about DNP. This is the one drug I have researched to death and got most of my info from Conciliator, the most knowledgeable DNP guru on the internet. I also have experience to boot and that I am perfectly healthy with BW to prove it after using it twice (one time up to 3 weeks). It's a great tool that has unfortunately received a bad rep due to misinformation stemming from very old internet forum posts that appeared to have carried on over time. The only time anyone will die from it is if they overdose. The same can be said about Tylenol
    fair enuf, but has anyone got any longterm info on it? i just dont see the point if fat loss can be had alot safer

Quote Originally Posted by franklin 13 View Post
    too true.....

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    If people are happy with taking a poison what boils your insides and can cause death then that's your choice.This is a very dangerous drug and there are other compounds what could easily be used without the risk of death or serious health problems, or infact just hard work along side a diet and cardio programme.

It can cause cataracts, its highly toxic and its used for wood preservatives and pesticides and in all honestly if you have to resort this kind of methods to lose fat your on a rocky road to failure INHO. The FDA banned it and they don't do that unless for good reason, also the lethal dose is to close the therapeutic and that makes the half life and elimination critical especially for novice bodybuilders to use.

One report of 2 deaths what have a direct link to DNP

1: J Anal Toxicol. 2006 Apr;30(3):219-22. Links
    Two deaths attributed to the use of 2,4-dinitrophenol.

Miranda EJ, McIntyre IM, Parker DR, Gary RD, Logan BK.
    Washington State Toxicology Laboratory, Washington State Patrol, 2203 Airport Way South, Seattle, Washington 98134, USA.
    We report the cases of two individuals, one in Tacoma, WA, and the second in San Diego, CA, whose deaths were attributed to ingestion of 2,4-dinitrophenol (2,4-DNP). 2,4-DNP has historically been used as a herbicide and fungicide. By uncoupling mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation, the drug causes a marked increase in fat metabolism that has led to its use to aid weight loss. Both cases reported here involved its use for this purpose. Features common to both cases included markedly elevated body temperature, rapid pulse and respiration, yellow coloring of the viscera at autopsy, history of use of weight loss or body building supplements, and presence of a yellow powder at the decedent's residence. Because of its acidic nature, the drug is not detected in the basic drug fraction of most analytical protocols, but it is recovered in the acid/neutral fraction of biological extracts and can be measured by high-performance liquid chromatography or gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. The concentration of 2,4-DNP in the admission blood samples of the two deaths reported here were 36.1 and 28 mg/L, respectively. Death in both cases was attributed to 2,4-DNP toxicity. Review of information available on the internet suggests that, although banned, 2,4-DNP is still illicitly promoted for weight loss.
    PMID: 16803658 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

If members are still unsure check out the safety data of DNP

http://msds.chem.ox.ac.uk/DI/2,4-dinitrophenol.html

I'm not going to carry on trying to show members how dangerous this cellular metabolic poison can be, if you research properly it will be very clear that the negatives outweigh the positives and if you care for your health and life the only use for DNP would be as a weed killer.

did you lose any muscle?
    nope, but I looked flat which is inevitable due to being glycogen depleted

Quote Originally Posted by franklin 13 View Post
    Yes, the reason is they are taking people's forum posts at face value instead of doing real research themselves. It is far less dangerous than everyone thinks

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    fair enuf, but has anyone got any longterm info on it? i just dont see the point if fat loss can be had alot safer

too true.....
    well at a low dose of 200mg, sides will be minimal and fat loss will happen at a faster rate. It is a low conservative dose that is very unlikely to yield long term health problems.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    If people are happy with taking a poison what boils your insides and can cause death then that's your choice.This is a very dangerous drug and there are other compounds what could easily be used without the risk of death or serious health problems, or infact just hard work along side a diet and cardio programme.

It can cause cataracts, its highly toxic and its used for wood preservatives and pesticides and in all honestly if you have to resort this kind of methods to lose fat your on a rocky road to failure INHO. The FDA banned it and they don't do that unless for good reason, also the lethal dose is to close the therapeutic and that makes the half life and elimination critical especially for novice bodybuilders to use.

One report of 2 deaths what have a direct link to DNP

1: J Anal Toxicol. 2006 Apr;30(3):219-22. Links
    Two deaths attributed to the use of 2,4-dinitrophenol.

Miranda EJ, McIntyre IM, Parker DR, Gary RD, Logan BK.
    Washington State Toxicology Laboratory, Washington State Patrol, 2203 Airport Way South, Seattle, Washington 98134, USA.
    We report the cases of two individuals, one in Tacoma, WA, and the second in San Diego, CA, whose deaths were attributed to ingestion of 2,4-dinitrophenol (2,4-DNP). 2,4-DNP has historically been used as a herbicide and fungicide. By uncoupling mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation, the drug causes a marked increase in fat metabolism that has led to its use to aid weight loss. Both cases reported here involved its use for this purpose. Features common to both cases included markedly elevated body temperature, rapid pulse and respiration, yellow coloring of the viscera at autopsy, history of use of weight loss or body building supplements, and presence of a yellow powder at the decedent's residence. Because of its acidic nature, the drug is not detected in the basic drug fraction of most analytical protocols, but it is recovered in the acid/neutral fraction of biological extracts and can be measured by high-performance liquid chromatography or gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. The concentration of 2,4-DNP in the admission blood samples of the two deaths reported here were 36.1 and 28 mg/L, respectively. Death in both cases was attributed to 2,4-DNP toxicity. Review of information available on the internet suggests that, although banned, 2,4-DNP is still illicitly promoted for weight loss.
    PMID: 16803658 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

If members are still unsure check out the safety data of DNP

http://msds.chem.ox.ac.uk/DI/2,4-dinitrophenol.html

I'm not going to carry on trying to show members how dangerous this cellular metabolic poison can be, if you research properly it will be very clear that the negatives outweigh the positives and if you care for your health and life the only use for DNP would be as a weed killer.
    the problem with those cases you posted is that they didn't state the dose they were using, nor did it say what else they put into their bodies. For all we know, they could have used 3g of DNP and took prescription drugs on top of it. It is HIGHLY unlikely they used a low conservative dose. In the 1930s, people were using 200mg for up to 3 years straight and never had any health problems!

5x10 is offline Associate Member
    im going to say that staying on the same diet pre-dnp will get your body right back to where it was, post dnp

meaning, if your not losing the weight with diet, then dont expect the effects of dnp to last forever

the same goes for keepable gains after a cycle
    how does your body support the increased muscle mass, which was obtained with hormones that increase nitrogen retention, without the hormones being present?
    so many factors in addition to nitrogen retention help with "gains" increase rbcs, increase in water retention(cellular leverage), the ability to repair quicker, etc, etc, etc
    all these factors are lost after the cycle
    Last edited by 5x10; 04-27-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
    im going to say that staying on the same diet pre-dnp will get your body right back to where it was, post dnp

meaning, if your not losing the weight with diet, then dont expect the effects of dnp to last forever

the same goes for keepable gains after a cycle
    how does your body support the increased muscle mass, which was obtained with hormones that increase nitrogen retention, without the hormones being present?
    so many factors in addition to nitrogen retention help with "gains" increase rbcs, increase in water retention(cellular leverage), the ability to repair quicker, etc, etc, etc
    all these factors are lost after the cycle
    It doesn't really work that way. DNP just puts your body in such a fat burning state that so many calories are being burned even at rest. Therefore, once you stop using DNP but keep the same diet, you will no longer be burning those calories anymore. For this reason, it would seem difficult to lose more fat afterwards. Gaining the weight back though is unlikely. Maybe a couple of pounds but it really depends on the person

5x10 is offline Associate Member
    It doesn't really work that way. DNP just puts your body in such a fat burning state that so many calories are being burned even at rest. Therefore, once you stop using DNP but keep the same diet, you will no longer be burning those calories anymore. For this reason, it would seem difficult to lose more fat afterwards. Gaining the weight back though is unlikely. Maybe a couple of pounds but it really depends on the person
    over time, and assuming the user doesnt change his diet, he will go back to where he was pre dnp

a person using dnp is not using his diet to lose weight, hes using the drug
    so its safe to assume that the user will go back to the diet he had pre dnp cycle and his body will adjust accordingly

as having done a cycle of dnp, i know the diet on dnp is not a weight loss diet, its simply a diet used to help moderate the sides of dnp

Quote Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
    over time, and assuming the user doesnt change his diet, he will go back to where he was pre dnp

a person using dnp is not using his diet to lose weight, hes using the drug
    so its safe to assume that the user will go back to the diet he had pre dnp cycle and his body will adjust accordingly

as having done a cycle of dnp, i know the diet on dnp is not a weight loss diet, its simply a diet used to help moderate the sides of dnp
    Don't know why you would mention that last sentence. I went on a typical cutting diet on DNP. Sure the carbs may not have been processed the same, but I didn't care. I also didn't have any cheat meals at all. I wanted it to be perfect, and the results came FAST, especially since I went as high as 600mg.

And coming off DNP would be a great time to get on some new gear, since it will give you a nice anabolic rebound. Really you won't get fat again unless you do things that would make you fat. I continued cutting after I finished DNP the first time and I maintained. No extra fat gain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information