MrBucket22 is offline Junior Member

Should I front-load my Test-E?

I am starting my first cycle of Test-E soon and I have hear that front-loading can be beneficial in getting the test levels up quick. I plan on doing either 500 or 600mg/wk split up into 2 injections every 3.5 days. I've read that test-e reaches peak levels in 5 weeks.
    Can I SAFELY double the dosage in order to speed up how fast the test builds up in my system? If so for how many weeks do you recommend I do this for maximum efficiency?
    P.S - I had bloodwork done and my total test level was 333, and my free was 61. I dont know if this changes anything, but "technically" I have the test level of an 85-100yr old man and I'm only 27!!! --->

All help will be greatly appreciated!

Tlee8769 is offline Associate Member
    I heard it speeds it up im in the same position as you regarding your test levels. Since i was so low i started noticing the benefits almost instantly within 5 days it kicked in im in week 4.5 and its pretty awesome. Im currently using 500 a week every 3.5 days have you spoken to your doctor about TRT? If i was you i would stick with the 500 a week no need to front load it how long of a cycle you plan on running?

Thanks for your reply TLee,
    Originally I had regular bloodwork done by my general practitioner and the only thing that was abnormal was my cholesterol. Because of the high cholesterol he ordered full bloodwork to be done. The results of that showed the low testosterone . He told me that they're "not that low", but I can follow up with an endo if I want. I went to see an endo and he ordered bloodwork of his own which was more thorough.It takes 4 weeks for the results to come back so I made an appointment for mid may. That's where i'm at now. I heard that endo's wont prescribe TRT to anybody under the age of 30, no if's and's or but's. I can do self prescribed TRT but I'm not 100% sure I'd like to be dependant on any substance for the rest of my life.

I figured that since I am naturally low, I would feel the test relatively quick. I'm glad that you are able to confirm this. I plan on running

Week 1-12 - Testosterone Enanthate either 250 or 300mg 2x/wk
    Week 4-14 - HCG 250IU every 3 days
    Week 14-19 or 20 Clomid - 100/50/50/50/50
    Nolva - 40/20/20/20/20
    *Aromasin or Arimidex - If signs of gyno occur.

Has anyone successfully and SAFELY front loaded Test-E with added benefit?

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    stick up your stats and age mate, for advice. ive personally never front loaded so i cant advise. some say its worth doing some say its not. try a search and you may get something good on the subject or wait for someone experienced to chime in

sure thing.

27yr old
    6ft 0in
    220 lbs
    bf - 20% (will not be starting cycle untill I hit AT LEAST 16% preferably 13ish.)
    Training experience has been sporadic due to many injuries. I started training at 17, at 18 tore rotator cuff playing baseball, had to have surgery. Started back up at 20. At 21 Tore other rotator cuff playing handball. Had to have surgery. Age 22 I started up again, tore ACL/MCL from a pocket bick accident and yup, had surgery. Started back up at 25, that was a brutal recovery. Been training on and off since 25. More on than off.
    I was 230lbs 2 weeks ago, got diet in check and dropped 10lbs in 2 weeks. So far so good!

Tlee8769 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBucket22 View Post
    sure thing.

27yr old
    6ft 0in
    220 lbs
    bf - 20% (will not be starting cycle untill I hit AT LEAST 16% preferably 13ish.)
    Training experience has been sporadic due to many injuries. I started training at 17, at 18 tore rotator cuff playing baseball, had to have surgery. Started back up at 20. At 21 Tore other rotator cuff playing handball. Had to have surgery. Age 22 I started up again, tore ACL/MCL from a pocket bick accident and yup, had surgery. Started back up at 25, that was a brutal recovery. Been training on and off since 25. More on than off.
    I was 230lbs 2 weeks ago, got diet in check and dropped 10lbs in 2 weeks. So far so good!
    Sounds like your on the right path bud i would for sure get you bf% down with the proper diet they have a awesome section on this site just post your diet and let one of the experienced people critique it. And i would stick with 500 a week no need to front load you will have great gains right away most likely if your levels are low mine sure was and i felt it right away. The thing is you are going to be really strong when your on your 5th week make sure to take it easy you seem to be injury prone so do not push it to hard its a marathon not a sprint. If you are taking HCG and it seems like your BF is a little high i would use aromasin eod at 10mg on cycle and if more sides do appear then add it to ed. But rather then that looks great best of luck bud.

good look'n out bro, I appreciate you insight!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome to the board, MB.
    Front loading a long acting esther like cyp or enth really isn't as difficult as one may think. The constraint with a long acting esther, is that it takes a long time for one's plasma levels to build up to significant amounts, with enth and cyp it could take weeks. That is why many say not to expect too much from the first 4 weeks of a standard 12 week cycle.
    For a proper front load, there are three techniques:
    1) increase the normal weekly dose for the first two weeks, say, by 200%. If your cycle is 500mg ew, then you would pin 1000mg on day one and again on day 8. we will discuss how this changes your cycle time here in a bit.
    2) use a short acting esther like prop which has a half life of 4.5 days compared to cyp of 12 days.
    3) use a suspension which has a half life of 1 day. This you must pin daily.

Since the variety of my supplies are limited, today I picked up a fairly large quantity of sust, which is a blend of 4 different esthers, which i will use to kick start the enth i normally take for my next cycle.

The front loading technique is actually very useful, and let me explain why.

Most enhanced weight lifters report their best results of aas useage are in the first few weeks, with gains beginning to dwindle after 8 or 9 weeks. So the theory is to feed your tissue up front when the benefits you experience are at their greatest.

Now about cycle times. If your intent is to deviate from the standard protocol by front loading, then certain considerations may be made. If your intent is to go with a standard 500mg cyp/week, and you decide to front load 2x the cyp for the first two weeks, then your cycle constructively ends in ten weeks, not twelve. Of course, you can do as you wish. But some have a certain target of total test in mind when they begin a cycle, so to keep that target, the cycle time should be reduced. Some may argue with this point. Never the less, most will agree that the additional 500mg/week for the first two weeks is more productive at the beginning than at the end when the body is becoming "desensitized" by all the test.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you need anything else!
    Again, welcome to the board.
    ---Roman

Thanks for the quick response Roman, I do have 2 questions.

Would a gram of test-e per week split up into two doses be too much for a first time user?

Would frontloading cause side-effects (if there were any) to show earlier in the cycle?

Thanks for all your advice.
    -Mr.Bucket

There in lies the rub, does it not?

Personally, I'd NOT recommend a front load for a first cycle. Just my humble opinion that I think it would be better for you to see how a standard cycle impacts your body and go from there. Too many unknowns to be able to intelligently tell you whether or not your very first pin should be a full gram. If you do have some type of reaction (doubtful) then a full gram of cyp or enth is quite a bit. No way to really get it out of the body, since the oil is actually embedded in tissue, not blood.

I always recommend a cautious approach, and in the spirit of that, I'd recommend a standard cycle of 500mg / week x 12 weeks.

Up to you.

Good luck!
    ---Roman

and since i'm thinking about it, TLee is right on the money about getting your body fat % down... 15% minimum, 12 or 13% better. Why? testosterone reacts with body fat in a strange way. If your body fat % is too high, you can experience some feminine side effects, like gyno (man boobs), etc. You should think about spending the $25 and get a set of body fat calipers off the internet. Follow the instructions for a 7 point check, which is the most accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBucket22 View Post
    sure thing.
    I've read tons of great, and helpful information on these boards that explained the added risk of pinning with a higher body-fat.
    In regards to the frontload, I honestly didn't think you were gonna recommend 1 gram per week for a first time user, even if it was for 1 week.
    Thanks for your advice, and insight.
    -Mr.Bucket

Thread Information