depfife is offline Associate Member

Please!!! Can somebody tell me how much is too much steroid?

Hello,
    I am 35 y.o. 6'2" and 193#... I have been lifting pretty serious for 3 years... good results, but not outstanding. This is my 3rd cycle of test. prop. I take 700mg/wk. Is this too much? I feel great! Have few, if any side effects.. I do take anti estrigen.. and 6 wks. pct after the cycle... I do not stack anything with the test. prop. Is 700mg/wk too much? What is considered abuse? Is it true if i abuse steroids , my abdomen will extend too much?
    Please help!!!

Thanks, Depfife

Quote Originally Posted by depfife View Post
    Hello,
    I am 35 y.o. 6'2" and 193#... I have been lifting pretty serious for 3 years... good results, but not outstanding. This is my 3rd cycle of test. prop. I take 700mg/wk. Is this too much? I feel great! Have few, if any side effects.. I do take anti estrigen.. and 6 wks. pct after the cycle... I do not stack anything with the test. prop. Is 700mg/wk too much? What is considered abuse? Is it true if i abuse steroids , my abdomen will extend too much?
    Please help!!!

Thanks, Depfife
    honestly man,i dont know,if its working for you its ok,but ive only used 600mg/week on my last cycle and had good gains,but toward the end,i started to hit s platuea,and my 1st cycle was 500mg/week and done very well on that dose....my deal is that im on lifetime trt and im on a high trt dose,so im thinking of increasing my dose for my next cycle,have you had your estrogen levels checked lately?i would consider doing that to make sure that your test is converting to estrogen at that high of dose,i found out the hard way,after my last cycle,i had mine checked and it was 125.6pg/ml out of thr range of 10-50pg/ml!!!! way to friggin high,nearly all of my test was being converted to estrogen and was being wasted,but i wasnt using an A.I. eithr,but i am now lol...just get your estro levels checked just to make sure,the longer you use a higher dose,the more your body will require more test for more gains if your diet is right,also im a little bigger than you,im 6'5 275 qnd im stuck at that weight,so im adding deca and dbol along with my test for my next cycle

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    "Too much" is an individual thing, however many would consider 700mg particularly Prop to be too high a dosage for a third cycle. The problem that arises is if you take 700 on your third cycle how much will you be taking on your 8th cycle? This and sides is generally the reason that using a high dosage early is frowned upon.

As far as a distended abdomen, from what I have heard this is more of a problem with very large doses of Growth hormone , very large doses of growth hormone are thought to cause unregulated growth of organs etc. However I suspect that an interplay between Growth and Insulin and AAS may be a big part of the problem, maybe someone can find a study where only huge doses of growth were compared to huge doses of growth and slin and aas in combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    "Too much" is an individual thing, however many would consider 700mg particularly Prop to be too high a dosage for a third cycle. The problem that arises is if you take 700 on your third cycle how much will you be taking on your 8th cycle? This and sides is generally the reason that using a high dosage early is frowned upon.

As far as a distended abdomen, from what I have heard this is more of a problem with very large doses of Growth hormone, very large doses of growth hormone are thought to cause unregulated growth of organs etc. However I suspect that an interplay between Growth and Insulin and AAS may be a big part of the problem, maybe someone can find a study where only huge doses of growth were compared to huge doses of growth and slin and aas in combination.
    very good info FFM glad you posted this,i learn something everyday brother

Natureboy71 is offline Associate Member
    Have you considered lowering your test and stacking with an anabolic of some sort like Deca , or Dbol , ect. Probably get much better results at this point.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    how much is too much?

there is only one way to intelligently answer this question.

you will know when you are taking too much when your frequent blood panel suggests you are not handling aas very well.
    lipids/cholestoral
    liver
    rbc
    etc.

other signs
    blood pressure too high
    pulse rate too high

every one is different. and unless you have the time/resources to constantly moniitor what is going on in your body, then most of us rely on relevent ranges. 1000mg week of test is starting to push it, imho

Quote Originally Posted by Natureboy71 View Post
    Have you considered lowering your test and stacking with an anabolic of some sort like Deca, or Dbol, ect. Probably get much better results at this point.
    I like that idea, however since he is pinning Prop, maybe if he were leaning toward a 19nor then he could incorporate NPP instead of Deca that way he could get good results from a 6-8wk cycle instead of being forced to go 10-12wk which makes recovery and taking the proper time off a bitch.

Although I am on TRT so its not really the same situation, I am myself at the end of 10wks of Cyp and Deca and doing the last two with just Cyp to allow the Deca to clear. Although the gains were good, they did not compare to shorter blasts with a quick acting 19nor like NPP or Tren and I will not be running another long blast, from now on its gonna be 6wk blasts as the gains are a lot better and there is no endless wait for the time off to end.

Times Roman, makes a good point. I have removed a pint of blood twice in the past 3 months to maintain resonable RBC counts, fortunately in my case lipids etc. were acceptable. Thanks for bringing that up.

incrediblebulk is offline New Member
    I personally like to run lower dose but multi compound. As I am older(38) I try to eliminate the risk to my prostate as much as possible. I wouldn't run more than 250 mg of sust a week with other compounds. But again everyone is different.

Thread Information