Thread: First Cycle

crashfire is offline New Member

First Cycle

first let me say i know you guys have prob seen this question a thousand times, but im not some 18 year old kid who has only started lifting half assed a year ago, im 26 6'1 260 lbs and have been lifting weights for over 10 years, i currently consume 240-290 g of protein a day with about 400-500 g of clean carbs daily as well, i have some pretty decent strength numbers for a guy who is natural, bench 405 and dead 585 with a 495 squat 18 inch arms and 28 inch quads and currently hover around 12% bf, not trying to impress anyone just reiterating im not a nube with no experience in the gym, anyways i want to try my first cycle bc im tired of eating all this damn food and busting my ass the way i do in the gym without reaping the full benefits, so on that note i was thinking for my first cycle of trying was goin for test cyp 400mg a week for 12 weeks with dbol for 20-30mg a week for 4 weeks, my question is with my already large frame and decent amount of size is this gonna be enough?

Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. 6"1 260lbs 12% bf? Good job! Post a pic if you can, sir.

layeazy is offline Banned
    yes yes if u haven't cycled see your bodies receptors are fresh and ready for the compounds but like ^^^^ said we need verification of those stats....

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome to the board CF!
    I see you are 26 and have a certain amount of dedication, so you want to try aas? Let's talk about it then.
    first of all, to quote "tired of eating all this damn food and busting my ass the way i do in the gym". This part doesn't go away. This is the dedication part I was referring to. So long as you are willing to continue, then next comes aas.
    For a first cycle, a standard cycle is 500mg test cyp/enth ew for 12 weeks. the reason for the cyp/enth is due to long half life, minimizing pinning to once a week. Additionally, your first cycle should be "test only". The reason for this is simple. On a test only cycle, if you somehow get a reaction, pretty easy to figure out it is the test. Plus, you will want to know exactly what a test only cycle will do for you, how your body responds, whether you can expect any bloat, etc. Your NEXT cycle, if you so choose, you can add a second compound. Why? Because then, if you get a reaction, you can be pretty confident it isn't the test, and therefore must be the new addition. So you need to take a scientific approach to understand what each of the other compounds, with test, can do to you, whether it is var, dbol , drol, deca , whatever.

To answer "is this gonna be enough" question. The answer is yes! for a first cycle, the standad 500mg/week cyp or enth is sufficient. Why? Think of it this way. I call it sand bagging, you call it what you want. But with weight lifting, anyone with any experience knows about plateaus. And when you hit a plateau with a test only cycle at 500mg, then you have almost unlimited options! You can bump the dose a little bit, or you can front load a little bit, or you can add a second compound. If you are in this game for the long haul, you will want to be able to sandbag, meaning break out of your cycle and start gaining again with as little aas as possible. The more you sandbag, the more you have, the more potential you will have, in reserve for future bumps against plateaus. Look at it another way, if you come in hard and fast with a heavy cycle with multiple compounds, and when you DO hit that plateau, what are you going to do? You've already done the heavy cycle with multiple compounds. You going to go even deeper with larger doses and even more compounds?

And BEFORE ANY of this can happen, get your PCT together AHEAD of time, and have it ready before you start your cycle. If you have any doubts, go here and do some reading in the pct section:
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...-do-pct-thread

jeallybean78 is offline Junior Member
    Sounds like some great advise.

Thread Information