sanman is offline Associate Member

Was worried about my test cyp.

Well this is my 5th wk on test cyp. & was a little worried if it was bunk.... but I guess its starting to kick in.Great workout today.All my weights went up!

Bench 275x3
    dumbell presses 100x5
    inclines 245x5
    Before this wk had some signs it was starting to kick in.Had some acne, good pumps but not great & hungry all day.Still waiting for that feeling of being pumped most of the day after working out! LOL
    stats.
    45yrs old
    6' 203
    bf dont know but not high
    working out 20yrs
    4th cycle

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Hello Sanman,
    I'm 49, so we are in a similar boat. You know it might be a good idea to get a body fat caliper off the internet for $25. I'm in the process of getting another one, but are really a handy tool to monitor progress.
    I see you've been a member for 8 years?
    But there are definately challanges we older bulls face the kids don't have to consider yet. I became injured last june, ripped some muscle, and damaged some tendons, so instead of trying to continue, i just stopped and let things heal. It was pretty disappointing too, since at my age, the gains seem to evaporate very quickly!
    Have you had your blood panels tested recently?
    Warm regards,
    --Roman

Hello Times Roman & thanks for idea of body fat caliper.Its a good idea & would def. look into it.Been pretty strict with the diet for the last few months so body fat looks to be low.As for us older guys you are right about injuries.Like I said had a great work out today but my arms are killing me right now & not from the great workout (pain no gain logic) just been having pain in my arms since I started the test.I know its from going heavy & putting lots of strain on my muscles.Got to be careful that I dont rip a muscle or damage some tendons like you said.Hope everything works out for you.As for blood work done....yes last wk went to get my test level checked.Going back next wk to get results.Pretty sure the doc is going to ask what I been doing because I was 3wks into my test cycle already & I know I should of started the test after my blood work.But I do feel great in & out of the gym!
    Warm regards also,
    Frank

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Last year, muscular strength was exploding and making great gains. Unfortunately, on test, the tendons and ligaments lag, and don't develop nearly as quickly as muscle. So now I am very careful when adding weight. My muscles seem to handle it quiet nicely, but since tendons don't give you much warning, you won't really know if you've over done it until too late. So I compensate by going slow when adding weight, go for slightly higher reps, and go to failure minus 1 rep. Plus I spend as much time warming up as i do the other.
    For us, avoiding injury is probably more important than adding weight as quickly as possible. One injury can keep you out of the gym for months. But in this game, slow and steady wins the race. You will make gains, just not as fast as all the young pups in here.
    Good luck!

Your 100% right on all of the above and thanks for all the advice!

Thread Information