J. Cole is offline Associate Member

Has anyone ever done this?

Hey everyone,

My source is telling me to work up to my peak dose of test cyp and then gradually decrease when coming off. Like this:

Week 1: 125mg
    Week 2: 250mg
    Week 3-10: 375mg
    Week 11: 250mg
    Week 12: 125mg

Has anyone heard of or done this?

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Before anyone had an idea about PCT, tapers were the norm...moreso taper off then on.

I would just run it straight for Test E

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Looks like a typical old school cycle before people knew better. Hope your source is better with gear than he is with advice.

warren916 is offline Associate Member
    Regardless of pyramid, those doses are way to low.

Not so sure about long ester pyramiding either.

layeazy is offline Banned
    really low dosages if your expecting big gains better off keeping it simple and use appropriate pct to recover faster..

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There is no point in pyramiding with long esters.

You should ask your ''source'' why he is recommending this method with Test Cyp and see if he can come up with a reasonable explanation regarding long ester AAS.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    With long esthers, such as cyp and enth, front loading is becoming (?) popular. This is due to the body responding best in the first 6-8 weeks, then due to desensitizing, benefits slowly taper off. So if any deviation from a level dose rate, then front loading a larger dose up front makes sense.

enth has a half life of 10.5 days, and
    cyp has a half life of 12 days

with long esthers, blood serum levels gradually build for the first two weeks. this is why some consider front loading, to saturate blood serum levels quickly, and make best use of the first 6 - 8 weeks

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    pyramiding is out dated. It is not needed. Pick at dose, stick with it, and start your pct at the correct time.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    If 375 is you comfort level then just run that from the jump, it's best to try and keep blood levels as stable as possible. Ot would probably be easier to shoot 200 2x per week from a measuring standpoint.
    Good luck.
    When do you plan on running your cycle again?

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    pyramiding would only be useful during a test susp cycle, cuz everything else basically tapers itself once the esterases get all through the cyp.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post

enth has a half life of 10.5 days, and
    cyp has a half life of 12 days
    This is incorrect info.

Half life of Test E is approx. 4-6 days and half life of Test Cyp is about 6-7 days. Clinical human tests regarding AAS half life clearly state that half life of a compound mainly depends on the individual and hence varies between individuals. This is another reason why you cannot be so precise about the half life of a chemical compound. Moreover, if a compound has an active biological life of 14-15 days, it would be logically incorrect to state that its half life would be at around 10.5 and/or 12 days, not that we need the help of logic here when we have precise clinical blood tests revealing monitored information.

You need to check your sources.

Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    If 375 is you comfort level then just run that from the jump, it's best to try and keep blood levels as stable as possible. Ot would probably be easier to shoot 200 2x per week from a measuring standpoint.
    Good luck.
    When do you plan on running your cycle again?
    I'm starting my cycle mid may.
    My source says you have to get your body used to the compound you are putting in it before you are at your peak dose and slowly get your body used to getting off it, hence the taper on taper off?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Cole View Post
    I'm starting my cycle mid may.
    My source says you have to get your body used to the compound you are putting in it before you are at your peak dose and slowly get your body used to getting off it, hence the taper on taper off?
    Your source is wrong,

There is no need to pyramid the dose up because, its a long ester and will take 5 weeks anyway before it reaches peak blood levels. You also don't need to pyramid down because yet again a long ester will self taper, thats why your starting pct until 14 days after your last shot. Very old school thinking

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Your source is wrong,

There is no need to pyramid the dose up because, its a long ester and will take 5 weeks anyway before it reaches peak blood levels. You also don't need to pyramid down because yet again a long ester will self taper, thats why your starting pct until 14 days after your last shot. Very old school thinking
    That is what I am starting to notice, a lot of the old school guys are very against pct and most have recommended the pyramid-type cycle to me.

Very interesting

Thanks guys

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    Tapering steroids makes no scense at all in the fact that wheater you are injecting 100mgs per week or 1000mgs per week you are still shuting down your natty test. Tapering is old school and now we know more about the body we know your better off running a constant dose throughout cycle...keep blood levels stable and proper pct at end.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Cole View Post
    That is what I am starting to notice, a lot of the old school guys are very against pct and most have recommended the pyramid-type cycle to me.

Very interesting

Thanks guys
    The thing is your still shut down weather your taking 100mgs or 500 mgs per week so pyramiding down will be of no benefit unless your one of the few guys who suffers with the sudden drop in hormones but again this wont help with recovery of your HPTA.

Thread Information