Eazy20 is offline Member

How much taurine to get rid of horrid calf pumps?

For the love of all things holy please tell me how much I need to take to get rid of these things, they are intense especially when trying to do cardio...Pretty much crippling then. (Drinking plenty of water throughout the day)

jtuner77 is offline Member
    you taking clen or just regular cramps/charlie horses? I normally take 1500mg but I have heard thats about the minimum and to take something more like 2500mg

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    it does jack for me, and afew others i know. i think its alittle on the broscience side of things tbh

Eazy20 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    it does jack for me, and afew others i know. i think its alittle on the broscience side of things tbh
    You sir...are discouraging me haha. I'm currently on Test/EQ and have ran it a few times before at the same dosage and never had pumps this bad. Cardio is suffering big time

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    Magnesium motherfucker!

Take some!

srs shit works wonders

peace

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    potassium could be beneficial to help alleviate cramping. did u say you're taking clen with that or just the test EQ

Eazy20 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicstick2003 View Post
    potassium could be beneficial to help alleviate cramping. did u say you're taking clen with that or just the test EQ
    Just Test/EQ...I dont plan on ever touching clen

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    STOP doing cardio on the treadmill, switch to elliptical! I stopped doing treadmill years ago, nothing but knee/ankle/calf problems, especially when you get higher in weight.

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    I take 3-4g to get rid of horrendously miserably excruciating back bumps. also potassium pills dosed the way the label says. just thinking about those back pumps makes my back hurt, urgg

tapout417 is offline Junior Member
    Dude I'm having the same problem except its my shoulders. They blow up like cannonballs but they get so tight I can't lift anymore. Running sus- eq- dbol . So if you find something that's works for you please pass it on. Thanks

tballz is offline Senior Member
    Take some potassium and about 3-5g of taurine.

Blog Entries
    be very careful with supplementing potassium, i had bloods done after 2wks after a test/deca cycle for a diff reason and the doc reported tht my potassium levels were dangerously high, at the time i was eating very plainly and clean, the only thing id put it down to was 2 bananas a day, doc told me if high potassium levels go unchecked it leads to organ and then heart failure. she also told me tht almost no one needs to supp with potassium.
    i kicked tht cycle with dbol and had serious bad back pumps, and very nearly went on potassium tabs, good job i didnt!

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    be very careful with supplementing potassium, i had bloods done after 2wks after a test/deca cycle for a diff reason and the doc reported tht my potassium levels were dangerously high, at the time i was eating very plainly and clean, the only thing id put it down to was 2 bananas a day, doc told me if high potassium levels go unchecked it leads to organ and then heart failure. she also told me tht almost no one needs to supp with potassium.
    i kicked tht cycle with dbol and had serious bad back pumps, and very nearly went on potassium tabs, good job i didnt!
    good post. I had the same problem taking an oral b12 supplement. I don't really eat bananas or many foods with a lot of potassium so I don't think it is a problem for me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMaleDawg View Post
    good post. I had the same problem taking an oral b12 supplement. I don't really eat bananas or many foods with a lot of potassium so I don't think it is a problem for me
    yeah sometimes its things that we dont give much consideration to that can do serious damage

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PK-V View Post
    Magnesium motherfucker!

Take some!

srs shit works wonders

peace
    Magnesium is something that is definitely not mentioned as much as it should in cramping questions. While calcium helps with muscle contraction, magnesium is what helps relax the muscle and is just about the only thing out of all the electrolytes/taurine, that has ever really helped me with cramping.

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMaleDawg View Post
    I take 3-4g to get rid of horrendously miserably excruciating back bumps. also potassium pills dosed the way the label says. just thinking about those back pumps makes my back hurt, urgg

I had serious back pumps when I ran a prohormone a couple of years back

Never again!

I also know this feel

The first time I used albuterol on the last day thinking if I take extra potassium before the session I wont need to take it afterwords

pop 400+mg's

2 min's later I was sitting down with my head between my knees with a serious heart cramps and 112 dialed into my mobile

very near death experence is what it felt like

scary stuff

kiwidave1 is offline Junior Member
    I do 5g x 3 or 4 times a day (15-20 grams a day total) when on Hdrol, only thing that can get me through my workouts on Leg/Back days or doing cardio. Pumps suck but high dose Taurine helped for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy20 View Post
    You sir...are discouraging me haha. I'm currently on Test/EQ and have ran it a few times before at the same dosage and never had pumps this bad. Cardio is suffering big time
    you sure it isnt just plain ordinary shin splints and not much to do with the gear?

Eazy20 is offline Member
    you sure it isnt just plain ordinary shin splints and not much to do with the gear?
    I Don't think so...I played competitive basketball for years before my leg injury so I'm fairly familiar with shin splints...My calves are kind of like turning into rocks they get so pumped; then each step is like going to hell and back haha

Blog Entries
    I Don't think so...I played competitive basketball for years before my leg injury so I'm fairly familiar with shin splints...My calves are kind of like turning into rocks they get so pumped; then each step is like going to hell and back haha
    as some else pointed out, bin the treadmill for the cross trainer/bike for a bit, i find that anymore than 15mins brisk walk on a 'mill flares my shin splints up something awful

Eazy20 is offline Member
    as some else pointed out, bin the treadmill for the cross trainer/bike for a bit, i find that anymore than 15mins brisk walk on a 'mill flares my shin splints up something awful
    Yeah, I'll probably switch to the bike for a bit while supplementing the taurine to give it some time to "works its magic" and see if it takes care of it. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'll probably switch to the bike for a bit while supplementing the taurine to give it some time to "works its magic" and see if it takes care of it. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    i do t'mill and as soon as i feel the pump gettin too much i just switch to a diff cardio and then go back again, splitting my three machines up in 10min increments. works well if you like the t'mill and would rather use it

Thread Information