mase1834 is offline New Member

Wife wants me to cut back on my working out.

My wife and I got into a heated battle about my working out. she tells me she thinks im getting to big and wants me to cut back. I told her shes on crack if she thinks thats going to happen. BTW...she has no idea i am on gear.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    In a pickle!

Think if reversed for just one second. She married you for who you were. What if all of the sudden she became someone else? This will take a lot of communication. A LOT.

GOOD LUCK! And by the way, she WILL figure out you are on gear.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Well, here are a couple of things to think about. She either thinks:

1. You are getting unattractive and wants you in shape but "normal".

2. You getting in shape makes her feel unattractive or she worries that other women will try to steal you.

3. She knows you are doing something that could be bad for your health.

4. She thinks you are away from the house too much and wants you home.

Or, maybe she is saying something that I haven't thought of. All I am saying is that she is letting you know there is a problem, and how you handle it will influence the success of your relationship. Find out what the real problem is and solve it if you want to keep your wife.

I think I know what the problem is. I dont think she will figure out I am on gear. Afterall i have been on it for a couple of years now. I work out in the morning while she is at work so wanting me home more is not the problem. She is constantly talking about wanting to lose 10lbs. Problem is that she does not workout to do anything to lose the 10lbs. I just think that she does not like me being in shape because she has issues about losing 10lbs.

And I am the same person Slimmer. Just a lot more in shape now. I am 36 and in the best shape of me life. Go to the gym 6 days a week.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Communication is KEY! There is an underlying problem you can hopefully solve. If she is feeling insecure, maybe you can work out together...although working out with my wife makes for crap workouts unless she just hits the bike while I lift.

Yeah Johnny. I have been trying to get her to workout for a long time now. She will do it for about a week and then stop.

Kesthetics is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    Post pics. How big is too big?

I would suggest doing activity bonding.
    Going for a walk/ jog to help her alleviate her stress
    about her weight while also airing out your problems
    by talking when walking.

Good luck.

vtach12 is offline Associate Member
    Mase, you better get a handle on this. If she has voiced her opinions, chances are that she has felt this way for awhile. Don't just dismiss it if you want to stay married.
    Maybe make a compromise that you will go 4 days a week as long as she goes with you. If you can get her past the 90 days, she may get hooked like the rest of us. Then you are in a win win situation as she may want to go more often once she sees her results.
    Good luck.

I am working on a getting to the root of this statement. I feel it has something to do with her insecurities but I will definitely find out. Thanks for the input.

warren916 is offline Associate Member
    Thats funny im in the same boat.

This may be off base but maybe she is jealous of the gym, that you give the gym more dedication and time than you do her.

What works for me is to just keep the gym at the gym, and home at home, so since she is not interested in the gym, leave all that/those conversations at the gym.
    Dont even bring up the gym, or stats, or anything. If you want to take progress pics, take them when she isnt home.

Sounds like your kind of hiding your gym fun, but its worth a try to make things better.

Definitely worth a try warren.

Thread Information