FirstTimeRage is offline Associate Member

Quick question about trt

I am currently on trt prescribed around 150 mg per week, I take 250.

should i stick with the recommended dose or can i continue with MY dose.

I'm just asking because it seems so much better at 250

The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    They're both very low doses. I'd go with the 250. Can't think of a reason why not to...

bigbossofdariver is offline Junior Member
    you could live on 500mg and probably wouldnt have any issues as long as you keep yourself healthy.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Well before you use the 250mg, do you have enough medicine to carry you at that dose between prescription refills? I mean if you run out before it's time to refill, you're going to have some problems. But really, you should take this up with your doctor and get yourself on a dosage that remedies your medical problems.

The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    True, the voice of reason. I buy Test over the counter so I hadn't thought about that one... Sorry

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    In my opinion 250mgs per week is high, and 150mgs is more like it. But I hear this all the time depends on the country you are in and what your Endo like to prescribe. Personally your better off using the least amount possible to maintain your gains and then blast and cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Well before you use the 250mg, do you have enough medicine to carry you at that dose between prescription refills? I mean if you run out before it's time to refill, you're going to have some problems. But really, you should take this up with your doctor and get yourself on a dosage that remedies your medical problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    In my opinion 250mgs per week is high, and 150mgs is more like it. But I hear this all the time depends on the country you are in and what your Endo like to prescribe. Personally your better off using the least amount possible to maintain your gains and then blast and cruise.
    i agree with Marcus and Honky-Kong just take what your endo presribes because you will run into bad problems if you run out,i kow from expreience,not fun at all...

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Titan99 View Post
    They're both very low doses. I'd go with the 250. Can't think of a reason why not to...
    250mg isnt low for trt, its at the very upper end.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbossofdariver View Post
    you could live on 500mg and probably wouldnt have any issues as long as you keep yourself healthy.
    that is a cycle and bad advice mate

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    250mg isnt low for trt, its at the very upper end.

that is a cycle and bad advice mate
    agreed man......my dose was 600mg/10days,yes 600mg every ten days presrcibed by my Endo,but i took it upon myself to lower mine,cause it has my estradiol levels f'ed up major and my endo never checks neither presricbes A.I.s for problems,i had to go to my GP to help me out more than my endo,plus i take the advice of my trt dosages comes from things i learned on this board on the hrt/trt forum.......

hwy1378 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye Forever View Post
    agreed man......my dose was 600mg/10days,yes 600mg every ten days presrcibed by my Endo,but i took it upon myself to lower mine,cause it has my estradiol levels f'ed up major and my endo never checks neither presricbes A.I.s for problems,i had to go to my GP to help me out more than my endo,plus i take the advice of my trt dosages comes from things i learned on this board on the hrt/trt forum.......
    Totally agree !! I do 250 a week for my TRT. my levels are great

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There are some really bad replies on this thread. The first thing to consider is that if you have recently started TRT which I would assume is the case, your doctor is trying to acertain how much test you will need to use to achieve a desired Testosterone level in the blood. So your doc has probably started you out on 150mg of test, which based on your baseline scores age etc. he feels will get your blood level to the point he would like to see on your next blood test. After the results of this test he will adjust the dosage up or down as needed to achieve good blood levels as well as a happy patient.

So with this in mind if you take 250 a wk instead of 150 and your levels come back higher than he would like to see he is going to drop your dosage to say 100 wk...Now you are going to be screwed.

Once you have taken the prescribed amount by your doc and have you blood levels stabilized and he is not testing often....then and only then you can afford to blast ( run a higher dosage for a month to 6 wks) but then return to baseline to get some increased results.

Conversly you can up your dose all the time but this may result in your test levels being higher than natural levels or supraphysiologic. While this feels great it usually causes changes in blood work that need to be addressed if you want to stay healthy. You will likely need to remove/donate blood to keep your RBC's down to normal, in addition a AI may be required to address rises in Estro from the aromatization of the extra test, and you will also need to keep a close eye on lipid profiles and cholesterol ETC.

These are just a few things too look out for, the TRT section has a bunch of information on this sort of thing and it would be a good idea to do some lenghty reading there before making changes on your own to your TRT dosage.

Good luck,

FFM
    Last edited by Far from massive; 04-28-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hwy1378 View Post
    Totally agree !! I do 250 a week for my TRT. my levels are great
    i done the same thing bro,im gonna play around with mine and see what dose will make me feel good,at first the 600mg dose i was on,i felt on top of the world,but after a while,once my test started to convert to estrogen,i felt worse then than i did before i started trt 4 years ago,my endo has screwed me up major,he doesnt check estrogen levels and dont monitor side efx form high doses of trt doses,he always told me that at "clinical doses" of TRT and A.I. wasnt necessary neither was and test conversion to estrogen wasnt possible,so i had to learn myself and teach myself how to self medicate if you will to figure out by trial and error on what made me feel better,and now that my estrogen level is f'ed up i got to and get it down to a males acceptable levels,im on aromasin now at 25mg everyday,and this is my 8th day on it,and im still not feeling any better,so im gonna stay on that dose for a nother week and then go back to my GP to check my estradiol levels again and see where im at,luckily she's a woman,and is educated on hormones,so she is gonna help me get my estrogen under control and im going to get my trt dose were it needs to be so i will feel better.......i was at my endo's appt yesterday and he tol me the reason my estrogen was so high was m y trt levels was to high!!duh lol...and i said well you are the one who put me on that dose to start with,and we had a few words and he said he didnt manage A.I usage and estrogen levels,cause endos only treat with testosterone and they dont presrcibe a.i.'s,hcg etc...he said all that stuff was considered people who abuse testosterone as steriods and they as endo dont help people that abuse that kind of stuff,well i told him i dont abuse it,i just want to feel good again,plus my total testosterone number was 487ng/dl!! and thats with my dose of 600mg/10 days,and my total test numbers should have been on the 5000-6000ng/dl range....over 90% of my test was being converted to estrogen,but back to his comment about my high trt dose he presrcibed,at the time he presricbed me that,my body needed that much to get my levels up,cause im such a big guy and my body metabolized test so fast,plus my testicles doesnt produce test anymore and never will again,and he said well we need to drop your trt dose and i agreed,but im not dropping it to low,cause i want to feel good as a man,i will from now on adjust my dose as needed and have my GP monitor my estrogen levels ans she will presricbe me all the A.I.'s i need to keep them under control...i might be dumb,but im not a dumb ass lol...and im not self medicating for the hell of it,just want to feel good and have a fun life again

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    There are some really bad replies on this thread. The first thing to consider is that if you have recently started TRT which I would assume is the case, your doctor is trying to acertain how much test you will need to use to achieve a desired Testosterone level in the blood. So your doc has probably started you out on 150mg of test, which based on your baseline scores age etc. he feels will get your blood level to the point he would like to see on your next blood test. After the results of this test he will adjust the dosage up or down as needed to achieve good blood levels as well as a happy patient.

So with this in mind if you take 250 a wk instead of 150 and your levels come back higher than he would like to see he is going to drop your dosage to say 100 wk...Now you are going to be screwed.

Once you have taken the prescribed amount by your doc and have you blood levels stabilized and he is not testing often....then and only then you can afford to blast ( run a higher dosage for a month to 6 wks) but then return to baseline to get some increased results.

Conversly you can up your dose all the time but this may result in your test levels being higher than natural levels or supraphysiologic. While this feels great it usually causes changes in blood work that need to be addressed if you want to stay healthy. You will likely need to remove/donate blood to keep your RBC's down to normal, in addition a AI may be required to address rises in Estro from the aromatization of the extra test, and you will also need to keep a close eye on lipid profiles and cholesterol ETC.

These are just a few things too look out for, the TRT section has a bunch of information on this sort of thing and it would be a good idea to do some lenghty reading there before making changes on your own to your TRT dosage.

Good luck,

FFM
    i agree my brother,excellent advice...as always

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    250mg/week is NOT TRT!
    sorry mate. but it's not. standard starting dose is 100mg/week of cyp. after a few months, your endo should call you infor another blood panel, and see where your test levels are at. He will probably adjust +/- 15% or so. My endo had me go from 100mg to 80mg/week. This still maintains me in the upper end of normal for a 21 year old, where I want to be.

yes, i do "blast" from time to time. but i keep my cruising altitude at 80mg/week for cyp

hwy1378 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    250mg/week is NOT TRT!
    sorry mate. but it's not. standard starting dose is 100mg/week of cyp. after a few months, your endo should call you infor another blood panel, and see where your test levels are at. He will probably adjust +/- 15% or so. My endo had me go from 100mg to 80mg/week. This still maintains me in the upper end of normal for a 21 year old, where I want to be.

yes, i do "blast" from time to time. but i keep my cruising altitude at 80mg/week for cyp
    My endo has me at 200mg a week for TRT but your 21 and im 45. so everybody is different so to say 200mg a week is not TRT is false. remember everybody is different no cookie cutter dose for everybody.

Thread Information