cageit is offline New Member

equipoise question

I have some questions about equipoise usage. I am a mixed martial arts competitor and in my early 30's. my body is pretty much tellimg me I only have a few years left in the sport due to chronic neck/back and knee problems. keep in mind that this is more of a hobby since local pro mma fighting doesn't pay enough to make it career. anyways...I am 160 walk around and fight at 145 lb. I am always very low body fat, toned, and good with my size, strength, and weight. my goal is actually not to add to any of those. I have recently had a teammate, who is also in the medical field suggest a 12-15 week cycle of eq as a way to possibly "heal" the problems mentioned above. the bottle shows 250 on it and understand that means it is 250 mg per cc. the suggestion was to take 1 cc a week. keep in mind that I have never done anything outside of the over the counter supplements. I have done a lot of research online and everything is about stacking test with it. my teammate says that isn't necessary with what I am using it for and a simple over the counter estrogen blocker towards the end will be fine. I am wanting the experts on here to advise on this as far as if the dose I mentioned is correct our if I should up it. also if I am safe to do eq alone. I am not too on board with taking more stuff. again...dont want to pack on size to make it hard to cut to 145 when the next fight gets offered. I just hope to heal up some of the muscle and joint problems for the time being. sorry so long, but I wanted you to have the whole story for the best advice.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Firstly, your buddy is wrong. EQ won't heal your problems. Secondly, if you're not looking to "add any of those" as you put it, both EQ and Test are the wrong avenues.

Have you seen a doctor about your problems?
    Chronic neck and back pain could be as simple as getting a good pillow. Tony Little has a great one, or you could go to BBB and get a good therapeutic one.

Knee pain could be anything - minor ligament strain, cart, acl, pcl, etc., you should get it checked out, but it could be as simple as taking some glucosamine, chond, msm to relieve pain and rebuild cart.

Quick question:
    While researching EQ, did you even once come across literature suggesting it to be an upper and lower body pain cure all??? Please don't take any more advice from that friend.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

I have been to the doctor. these are all past and recurring injuries that come with the sport and never fully heal due to returning to the sport to soon or training through it due to fight contacts. not saying I made smart choices, but thats how it went. I did read on sites that some atheletes choose eq for tightening muscles around joints and ligaments and endurance sports. I have taken multiple over the counter supplements such as those you mentioned very regularly.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    You would bennifit more from HGH

awms is offline Senior Member
    I love EQ! helped heal my ligament in my elbow but I would never take it on its own. Im running 450mg eq/500mg test cyp right now and they are a great combo for a number of reasons! EQ is not a mass builder but what it does do is help support your joins and ligaments by increasing type II collagen by around 300%.

250mg is a very low dose and although it might help with your joints it will shut you down and do little to build or repair muscle...anything under 400mg of eq is a waste imo but 400mg of eq along side with 400-500mg of test would be a great combo!

p.s I wouldnt look for steroids to be a "magic" healer because although they will help they are not meant to support your joints and legaments...in fasct some steroids can make the problem worse.

awms is offline Senior Member
    I would go talk to a physiotherapist.

so then am I at risk for anything by continuing what I am doing other than next to no results? except for up-ing the dose...I am good with that if need be. I guess where I am at, is the eq was free, I do not have, nor am I looking for connections for other stuff. its either experiment with this or just keep slugging over the counter stuff.
    awms- what do you mean "shut me down"?
    Last edited by cageit; 04-28-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Thread Information