Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    mikeloop is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    80

    Blood work.. anything else to add to the list?

    Hey guys, anything else I forgot? Or you'd take out?

    > testosterone , total, free and weekly bound
    > TSH
    > FSH
    > LH
    > Estradiol
    > cortisol, total
    > thyroid panel
    > dhea sulphate
    > fasting insulin
    > cbc panel
    > comprehensive metabolic panel
    > lipid panel
    > GGT
    > PSA

  2. #2
    Tlee8769's Avatar
    Tlee8769 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    499
    Whats the meaning of this thread are you getting your BW done and want to know if you should add anything plz clarify?

  3. #3
    mikeloop is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlee8769 View Post
    Whats the meaning of this thread are you getting your BW done and want to know if you should add anything plz clarify?
    I just want to know if there is anything else I should be getting tested (IF I forgot anything of course)? I am giving this list to my doc!

  4. #4
    Windex is offline Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    4,290
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeloop View Post
    I just want to know if there is anything else I should be getting tested (IF I forgot anything of course)? I am giving this list to my doc!
    That's not what he was asking. Are you getting bloodwork done because your considering a cycle in the future or because you have already taken steroids ? Also, how old are you ? Depending on the purpose of your bloodwork will depend on what you need to be tested for. Also, depending on whether you live in Canada/America/Europe/Other, getting Testosterone tested isn't as simple as asking. It will either cost you quite a bit if your from America (multiple hundreds of dollars - correct me if I'm wrong guys), or if you live in Canada like me, getting Testosterone bloodwork is out of the question unless your a TRT Patient, elderly, or are currently on steroids and messed up your body.

  5. #5
    mikeloop is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Windex View Post
    That's not what he was asking. Are you getting bloodwork done because your considering a cycle in the future or because you have already taken steroids ? Also, how old are you ? Depending on the purpose of your bloodwork will depend on what you need to be tested for. Also, depending on whether you live in Canada/America/Europe/Other, getting Testosterone tested isn't as simple as asking. It will either cost you quite a bit if your from America (multiple hundreds of dollars - correct me if I'm wrong guys), or if you live in Canada like me, getting Testosterone bloodwork is out of the question unless your a TRT Patient, elderly, or are currently on steroids and messed up your body.
    I have done a good 5-6 cycles and the Doc knows that, I am from Canada and have got a few from him! I want to see if my levels have gone up any !

  6. #6
    THE-DET-OAK is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Between your girls thighs
    Posts
    798
    Igf-1 and SHBG, although with your free im sure SHBG will already be on there. low Igf-1 means you need GH optimization therapy (usually). wether you do real HGH or try the peptides first is up to you.

  7. #7
    THE-DET-OAK is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Between your girls thighs
    Posts
    798
    Quote Originally Posted by Windex View Post
    That's not what he was asking. Are you getting bloodwork done because your considering a cycle in the future or because you have already taken steroids ? Also, how old are you ? Depending on the purpose of your bloodwork will depend on what you need to be tested for. Also, depending on whether you live in Canada/America/Europe/Other, getting Testosterone tested isn't as simple as asking. It will either cost you quite a bit if your from America (multiple hundreds of dollars - correct me if I'm wrong guys), or if you live in Canada like me, getting Testosterone bloodwork is out of the question unless your a TRT Patient, elderly, or are currently on steroids and messed up your body.
    you can get a full hormone panel online at privatemdlabs.com for 159. if you just wanna know your T and E2 you can take the female one for 60 bucks.

  8. #8
    optionsdude's Avatar
    optionsdude is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    725
    Hey THE-DET-OAK have you used the service of privatemdlabs before? Just curious this was the one thing standing in my way of homebrewing for TRT purposes. I'm tired of getting overcharged by the clinics for everything.

  9. #9
    THE-DET-OAK is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Between your girls thighs
    Posts
    798
    well im not gonna go into detail but no i havent, but with my profession many, many people i know on a personal level have used it many times. its easy, all you do is pay for your test, and then plug in your zip and it will tell you the closest labcorp to you. stop buy and donate blood, 72 hours later results are in your email.

    be careful self administering TRT, make sure you know your shit. problems like cholesterol and hemo are almost always a side effect of TRT that needs to be monitored. good luck man.

  10. #10
    Windex is offline Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    4,290
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeloop View Post
    I have done a good 5-6 cycles and the Doc knows that, I am from Canada and have got a few from him! I want to see if my levels have gone up any !
    If this statement was true, then you wouldn't be here asking your original question.

  11. #11
    THE-DET-OAK is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Between your girls thighs
    Posts
    798
    Quote Originally Posted by Windex View Post
    If this statement was true, then you wouldn't be here asking your original question.
    really why? everyone thinks that will just go to the doctor and they will know what to do, well trust me your wrong about that, half the time they dont have a clue when it comes to TRT. 9x out of 10 your local Gp wont even know to test for estrogen, let alone Igf-1 and free test. and if you score 301, good luck getting TRT with them.......................

    If you guys are gonna see a Dr about TRT I highly recommend you see someone that specializes, or primarily works with guys in the field. trust me those are few and far between.

    Did you know? 12 million men are in need of TRT and only 9% of those men are recieving it, great doctors.
    Last edited by THE-DET-OAK; 05-02-2011 at 09:25 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •