Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

HCG You Need it for EVERY cycle!!!

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/reprint/90/5/2595

Low-Dose Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Maintains Intratesticular Testosterone in Normal Men with Testosterone-Induced Gonadotropin Suppression

250-500iu EOD was their protocal

Tlee8769 is offline Associate Member
    Sound legit i use 600iu a week think i will bump it up to 750 great link...

Blog Entries
    there wasnt much of a increase between 250 and 500. Makes me think that 750 would be to much for not enough result.

minimonster is offline Junior Member
    how much of a diff would it make running it throughout a cycle as too at the end with pct at 5000iu per wk for 3 wks

xeroxy is offline Junior Member
    The latest protocol from a study done last year by the endocrinology society suggest once weekly shots due to the bi-phasic properties.
    NB: did you know that the second phase some 48-72hrs later increases testosterone by 2.2 X as much as the initial injection even though hCG as measured by immuno essay was no longer detectable in plasma, taking hCG more than once every 6-7 days is a waste of hCG.
    Myself and my clients use the 1000iu weekly protocol and this gives excellent results both in testicular function and increased CYP450 dynamics.

hwy1378 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Is my math correct ? 100 ius in 1 cc .? so what would be the best way to split that up for the week if you're going to take 500 iu . is anybody having any sides with this .my doctor just gave it to me I'm in week 8 my cycle

Blog Entries
    hey xeroxy, can you post the study up there? or at elast a title so i can search for it? thanks! i do my own research i dont like to competely regurgitate someone elses info

and no hcg comes in 5000iu or 1000iu. it takes 1 ml bact water, then thats the iu's in the vial/bottle. you use a diabetic needle (insulin pin)
    so for a 5000iu hcg you put in 1 ml bact water, mix it keep it int he fridge and injcect 1/10ml and thats 500iu

5x10 is offline Associate Member
    awesome article, just confirms the protocols given on this board!

xeroxy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
    awesome article, just confirms the protocols given on this board!
    It confirms the article is as outdated as the protocols.
    Here's the abstract lemonada.

An in vivo injection or an episode of LH secretion induced by GnRH, results in stimulation of the side-chain cleavage enzyme with the subsequent release of testosterone within 30-60 minutes of LH stimulation. The acute response to an injection of LH is dramatic in some species such as the rat and the ram but is much more attenuated in the human. This testosterone response lasts approximately 24-48 hours. If human chorionic gonadotrophin is used as an LH substitute, the kinetics of the initial stimulation are similar to LH but a second peak of testosterone secretion is evidence with hCG and occurs 48-72 hours after the initial injection. This biphasic pattern has been attributed to the observation that between 24 and 48 hours after an LH or hCG injection, the Leydig cells are refractory to further stimulation by either hormone. The second phase of testosterone secretion after hCG but not LH is associated with the longer half-life of hCG in comparison to LH. The hCG levels persist in the circulation and, following recovery from the refractoriness, testosterone levels increase. This observation has significant clinical importance since, in many men, a single weekly injection of hCG will suffice to maintain optimum testosterone responses rather than the frequent practice of giving injections of hCG two to three times per week.

The stimulation of leydig cells with large amounts of hCG rapidly reduces their number of receptors, this phenemenom is termed down-regulation.
    Although these changes decrease testosterone levels to just above diurnal maxima 24-48hrs after initial injection repeated stimulation does not yield the same results.
    A single injection of hCG is followed by a long steroidogenic response characterized by two phases of testosterone secretion.
    Studies show that this second phase which can last as long as 8 days can increase testosterone in plasma by 2.2 x above maximal diurnal secretion even though hCG is no longer present in plasma.
    The results indicate that hCG injections can be given every 6-7 days due to the prolonged steroidogenic response.

Blog Entries
    That confirms the use of HCG durning cycle, do you just have IHH or IHHg? were you on a cycle during this time? how about in pct, was the refractory peak just a peak? or was it self sustaining enough with lydig cell recovery to normal testosterone production?

this is just for now, ill add some later

5x10 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xeroxy View Post
    It confirms the article is as outdated as the protocols.
    Here's the abstract lemonada.

An in vivo injection or an episode of LH secretion induced by GnRH, results in stimulation of the side-chain cleavage enzyme with the subsequent release of testosterone within 30-60 minutes of LH stimulation. The acute response to an injection of LH is dramatic in some species such as the rat and the ram but is much more attenuated in the human. This testosterone response lasts approximately 24-48 hours. If human chorionic gonadotrophin is used as an LH substitute, the kinetics of the initial stimulation are similar to LH but a second peak of testosterone secretion is evidence with hCG and occurs 48-72 hours after the initial injection. This biphasic pattern has been attributed to the observation that between 24 and 48 hours after an LH or hCG injection, the Leydig cells are refractory to further stimulation by either hormone. The second phase of testosterone secretion after hCG but not LH is associated with the longer half-life of hCG in comparison to LH. The hCG levels persist in the circulation and, following recovery from the refractoriness, testosterone levels increase. This observation has significant clinical importance since, in many men, a single weekly injection of hCG will suffice to maintain optimum testosterone responses rather than the frequent practice of giving injections of hCG two to three times per week.

The stimulation of leydig cells with large amounts of hCG rapidly reduces their number of receptors, this phenemenom is termed down-regulation.
    Although these changes decrease testosterone levels to just above diurnal maxima 24-48hrs after initial injection repeated stimulation does not yield the same results.
    A single injection of hCG is followed by a long steroidogenic response characterized by two phases of testosterone secretion.
    Studies show that this second phase which can last as long as 8 days can increase testosterone in plasma by 2.2 x above maximal diurnal secretion even though hCG is no longer present in plasma.
    The results indicate that hCG injections can be given every 6-7 days due to the prolonged steroidogenic response.
    gotcha!
    any reason you recommend 1000iu over 250iu?

Thread Information