gthom47 is offline Associate Member

injection sites and needles

i am going on a cycle of test e for 10-12 weeks and was going to be injecting Mondays and Thursdays.

for injection sites go i have never injected before so i dont know how easy/painful certain sites are compared to others. i was planning on doing quads alternating between my legs. should i rotate another site in with that?

as far as needles go i was going to use a 23 gauge 1" needle with a 3cc syringe, seem right?

Tlee8769 is offline Associate Member
    Stats?

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    I use 25 gauge. Works well for me. As for injecting it's better to rotate so not to get scare tissue. There is a website that shows u exactly how and where to inject. Also what needle lengths are needed for different sites. However I can't remember the site, hopefully someone else chimes in with it...

@tlee im 27 seriously lifting for just under 4 years(will be 4 in july) did 2 years of hard cut from 250lbs to 160lbs before that. im 5' 7" 165-170lbs and just starting a bulk. i have my diet set perfect for my clean bulk at 2550 cal (with help of the diet section) and have been on the 5/3/1 program. i will continue this clean bulk for a few more weeks then cut for a few to take off some excess fat then star the cycle after that.

@dr pepper how many sites would you suggest rotating if i am injecting twice a week? i found a site that has the same info you are talking about, it lists different sites such as triceps, chest, biceps, calves, glutes, etc. i just need to find what length needle works for each site.

SHADO is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gthom47 View Post
    @tlee im 27 seriously lifting for just under 4 years(will be 4 in july) did 2 years of hard cut from 250lbs to 160lbs before that. im 5' 7" 165-170lbs and just starting a bulk. i have my diet set perfect for my clean bulk at 2550 cal (with help of the diet section) and have been on the 5/3/1 program. i will continue this clean bulk for a few more weeks then cut for a few to take off some excess fat then star the cycle after that.

@dr pepper how many sites would you suggest rotating if i am injecting twice a week? i found a site that has the same info you are talking about, it lists different sites such as triceps, chest, biceps, calves, glutes, etc. i just need to find what length needle works for each site.
    I did my first pin in the quad last week, after having a mate do my glute for me. This is my first cycle, and let me tell you, i could barely walk for about 3-4 days following pinning in the quad.

I will be pinning in my other quad tonight only because i would like to do it myself from now on, it got a bit of a hassle having to go see my mate everytime i wanted to shoot.

If shooting yourself the best places i think would be quads and shoulder - in terms of accessibility that it. I've heard shoulder is quite painless, but not quite as easy to get to as quad.

Also 23g 1" is fine for both quad and shoulder, im using a 1" now on quad, was using 1.25" for glute.

Tlee8769 is offline Associate Member
    I do my own injections and find quads and shoulders best rotate between those each side and since its only twice a week as long as you keep rotating you should not run into any scar tissue problems. I pull with 22g and pin with 23g 1' i take around 2 min to inject and i make sure the site i am injecting is super relaxed and after your done make sure to massage for a few min to get the oils worked into the muscle. I only found my first couple shots to be troublesome but once i started following this procedure no pain at all. Best of luck.

tapout417 is offline Junior Member
    ************** is the site you were thinking of.

Thedud3 is offline Banned
    21g 1"1/2 going in shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by Tlee8769 View Post
    I do my own injections and find quads and shoulders best rotate between those each side and since its only twice a week as long as you keep rotating you should not run into any scar tissue problems. I pull with 22g and pin with 23g 1' i take around 2 min to inject and i make sure the site i am injecting is super relaxed and after your done make sure to massage for a few min to get the oils worked into the muscle. I only found my first couple shots to be troublesome but once i started following this procedure no pain at all. Best of luck.
    could i get away with pulling with a 23 gauge needle and pinning with a diff 23 gauge needle? both being 1" for shoulders and quads.

i would do glute but dont have a friend that can pin for me and idk how it would work to turn around and try that myself.

Thread Information