Mackn is offline Associate Member

19yo Test levels low

My bro has been feeling tired,loss of libido, lack of motivation etc and so he went and got bw done. His free test was perfect but his total was only 403! He is only 19yo, 20 in a month. His doctor is having him do bw again in 3 weeks but said if he still feels the same and his lvls are low he will put him on trt. If thats what he needs then so be it as long as it helps. Are there any risk going on trt this young? Any input will be appreciated.

Stats-
    19yo
    Cycle exp none

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackn View Post
    My bro has been feeling tired,loss of libido, lack of motivation etc and so he went and got bw done. His free test was perfect but his total was only 403! He is only 19yo, 20 in a month. His doctor is having him do bw again in 3 weeks but said if he still feels the same and his lvls are low he will put him on trt. If thats what he needs then so be it as long as it helps. Are there any risk going on trt this young? Any input will be appreciated.

Stats-
    19yo
    Cycle exp none
    and lack of a pc? or do you hold his hand everywhere? give us a break........

MrBucket22 is offline Junior Member
    A lot of people post for their younger brother huh? LOL Hilarious!!!

... Nice responses. Hes my brother jackass. If you dont have anything positive to add to the thread then stay f*ck out. Thanks

Blog Entries
    ... Nice responses. Hes my brother jackass. If you dont have anything positive to add to the thread then stay f*ck out. Thanks
    ahh, did you drop your rattler? see ya

bump

Blade15 is offline Senior Member
    Watch your words bro... Show some respect

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    At this age he should handle this 100% medically with doctors advice.
    He shouldnt haphazardly medicate himself without knowing exactly
    what the problem is.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Those symptoms could be a million things, or combo of several things. Only someone wanting to take Test thinks those non-specific and vague symptoms will be fixed with steroids . What made him/you decide you needed to have your Test levels checked because you are feeling kinda blah?

Regardless of you/him wanting access to Test from the doctor, here is a reality check. It usually isn't covered by insurance, you have to do it forever, and costs about as much as a cheap, fun car every month. Save that money for a car...or school...or taking out chicks.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Those symptoms could be a million things, or combo of several things. Only someone wanting to take Test thinks those non-specific and vague symptoms will be fixed with steroids . What made him/you decide you needed to have your Test levels checked because you are feeling kinda blah?

Regardless of you/him wanting access to Test from the doctor, here is a reality check. It usually isn't covered by insurance, you have to do it forever, and costs about as much as a cheap, fun car every month. Save that money for a car...or school...or taking out chicks.
    It was the docs idea to do a full blood panel and get everything checked. Everything came back normal accept total test was low.

Quote Originally Posted by **** View Post
    At this age he should handle this 100% medically with doctors advice.
    He shouldnt haphazardly medicate himself without knowing exactly
    what the problem is.
    He isnt trying to medicate himself, the doc is waiting another few weeks to do bw again and if his total test is still the same they will go down the trt route.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade15 View Post
    Watch your words bro... Show some respect
    Members like Dec11 that think they know it all and show no respect don't deserve any. His reply wasn't neccessary at all and was 0 help....

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    It was the docs idea to do a full blood panel and get everything checked. Everything came back normal accept total test was low.
    You should expect skepticism being on a steroid forum and saying your little brother feels like crap and his doctor came up with the low Test idea. Getting on TRT at 19 will be a curse, not a blessing. Good luck, give updates.

Will do, bw in 3 weeks so il update when the new results come back. If they are still low I wonder if he ran an aggressive pct that could help in some way?

THE-DET-OAK is offline Banned
    His TT isnt terrible bro-it was prolly a fluke anyway, if you dont fast right it doesnt come back accurate. besides if free t is good to go hypogonadism is not his problem. he will be fine.

at his age he should test for a year before he does anything to correct the problem. its prolly poor life-style habbits.

as far as risk's yea there is a ton of potential side effects of TRT. starting TRT early only increases those chances further down the road. I mean who wants to pay 80 dollars a visit for a phlebotomy, something you will need 3-4 visits or more for. insurance usually doesnt cover it, and when the blood donation place figures out you got high hemo-they wont even take your blood anymore.

not to mention thyroid issues are a common problem with TRT.

it is a poorly understood treatment anyway, people dont realise how little we actually know about the endocrine system...................................

Quote Originally Posted by THE-DET-OAK;562***2
    His TT isnt terrible bro-it was prolly a fluke anyway, if you dont fast right it doesnt come back accurate. besides if free t is good to go hypogonadism is not his problem. he will be fine.

at his age he should test for a year before he does anything to correct the problem. its prolly poor life-style habbits.
    Thanks for your reply. Hopefully his next test come back higher but for someone at his age 403 seems extremely low to me.

ramacher is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I thought dec11 brought humor to the conversation! Doctors will know alot more than any of the ppl of the forums (hopefully...)

Quote Originally Posted by ramacher View Post
    I thought dec11 brought humor to the conversation! Doctors will know alot more than any of the ppl of the forums (hopefully...)
    about TRT??? sad to say but its usually not the case. its not their fault they have always been taught that they give you cancer and CVD. until recently all the data compiled was on BBer's taking BBing doses. it was until recently that they started studying TRT doses and realising the data indiciated the exact opposite of what of what they thought before.

alot of Dr's are just glorified drug dealers. its really sad how the US healthcare system works........................the PHARM cfompanies do all the testing and then tell the docs what to prescribe.

It wasnt too long ago, i cant remember the company, that a pharm company was pushing a anti depressent, come to find out they hid 70% of the data from their testing so they could get it passed by the FDA, turn out it was giving people heart attacks.

we as americans put too much faith in that little piece of paper.

My grandma was recently admitted to hospital, she has dementia, the nurses didnt want to deal with her so they gave her high doses of haldol, in three days time she couldnt walk, talk, feed herslef or open her eyes. now im spending my mornings at the nursing home helping to re habilitate her. her withdrawals are so bad its like she is coming off heroin.

Im not saying there are not good ethical dr's out their, but i would do my homework before assuming anything.

with the new era of the internet, web md and a host of other sites, you can be as up to date as the docs on new medicine, its sides/treatments. im not implying to self-medicate, but there is nothing wrong with questioning their logic and reason.
    Last edited by THE-DET-OAK; 05-05-2011 at 12:33 AM.

blastedlooger is offline Junior Member
    Test isn't the only reason someone could have problems. In fact, it probably isn't test considering you had that tested and it was fine.

Mono, using too much stims, adrenal fatigue (if you believe in that).

Blog Entries
    Members like Dec11 that think they know it all and show no respect don't deserve any. His reply wasn't neccessary at all and was 0 help....
    yeah cos i know you're bullshitting just for info to go off on some ill fated cruise/trt. some of us have a brain in our heads

Thedud3 is offline Banned
    Some people have low total test and for them it's normal, they always had a low total test, probobly normal for him to be at this level. BUT doc. Are the ONLY one that can find out if their is a problem or no so tell him everything,

One more question, why are you on steroid .com forum if you have no experience about it and never cycle? Kinda weird to find you here, this is not a medical site???

is post aimed at me???? you have been mis informed.

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    yeah cos i know you're bullshitting just for info to go off on some ill fated cruise/trt. some of us have a brain in our heads
    rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Thedud3 View Post
    Some people have low total test and for them it's normal, they always had a low total test, probobly normal for him to be at this level. BUT doc. Are the ONLY one that can find out if their is a problem or no so tell him everything,

One more question, why are you on steroid.com forum if you have no experience about it and never cycle? Kinda weird to find you here, this is not a medical site???
    I've been on his board for 2 years kid... Unfortunatly I feel that members here that have exp with trt will probably know more than 99% of the docs out there.

PK-V is offline Productive Member

Stats-
    19yo
    Cycle exp none

No, not if his levels are low enough

In brining his levels back to high-normal it will actually benefit him health wise

it may benefit him but to say they are not consequences to those benefits is not true my friend. they are side effects to TRT, even though it helps to ward off metabolic syndrome, CVD and prostate cancer.

not trying to start a pissing match just saying.

Blog Entries
    I've been on his board for 2 years kid... Unfortunatly I feel that members here that have exp with trt will probably know more than 99% of the docs out there.
    so youve been banned then? mar 2011 doesnt represent 2yrs

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THE-DET-OAK View Post
    it may benefit him but to say they are not consequences to those benefits is not true my friend. they are side effects to TRT, even though it helps to ward off metabolic syndrome, CVD and prostate cancer.

not trying to start a pissing match just saying.

totally see where your coming from

consequences your refering to are such as fertility, the actual stress in injecting etc ??

risks worth taking if they protect you from depression, low energy, lipid problems etc etc imo

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    so youve been banned then? mar 2011 doesnt represent 2yrs
    Nope, just been a lurker and never made an account

Thread Information