pheenyx1 is offline Associate Member

Finasteride sides?

Not sure this is the right place for this thread, so if I am wrong correct me, but I just started taking Propecia, and it seems like I lost some strength and energy in the gym. I usually take it as soon as I wake up, and am in the gym an hour to an hour and a half later. Is it possible that if I waited and took the Propecia after the gym I would get the benefit on my hairline without losing my edge in the gym? Also, I am about to start an Anavar only cycle, so any info about the combo of Anavar and Propecia would be helpful.

P.S. I love this site, and it has been incredibly useful. I really appreciate all the help!

tbjake34 is offline Senior Member
    It will hinder your gains slightly due to lowering DHT. Try taking it after the gym might help ive been on that since I started cycling and I still have great gains

THE-DET-OAK is offline Banned
    there was a guy not long ago that came around another site and claimed to have secondary hypo from propecia. I guess there are forums dedicated to guys that have high aroma and high prolactin after long-term use. it inhibited T/LH/FSH/DHT conversion, and i believe even messed up their thyroid. you should check it out. again these were guys not cycling steroids , but im scared of it anyway.

Tlee8769 is offline Associate Member
    I use a product called Nizoral 2% Ketoconazole its a shampoo works fantasic.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It doesn't matter what time of day you take it. Your DHT levels aren't going to rise the same day.

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pheenyx1 View Post
    Not sure this is the right place for this thread, so if I am wrong correct me, but I just started taking Propecia, and it seems like I lost some strength and energy in the gym. I usually take it as soon as I wake up, and am in the gym an hour to an hour and a half later. Is it possible that if I waited and took the Propecia after the gym I would get the benefit on my hairline without losing my edge in the gym? Also, I am about to start an Anavar only cycle, so any info about the combo of Anavar and Propecia would be helpful.

P.S. I love this site, and it has been incredibly useful. I really appreciate all the help!
    Does not matter when you take it......Just like steroids whether you take it morning, noon, or night eventually your test levels will rise...Same with propecia.

What propecia does is block your body from converting testosterone to dht....2 things WILL happen regardless...Test levels will drop and also since propecia will block testosterone from converting to dht it will then convert your excess testosterone that wasn't converting into DHT into estrogen which will raise your estrogen levels....Thus is why you could possibly get estrogen related side effects such as bitch tits and limp d*ck......

Similar effects steroids can give because on steroids you are massively increasing test levels and your body starts converting excess testosterone into estrogen...

Also, another note is that if you are going to take steroids and propecia at the same time and you are worried about your hair propecia isn't going to help as much as it would (Probably not at all) because the whole point of propecia is to limit testosterone from converting to DHT which is what causes hair loss. But taking steroids will increase testosterone which means you will have more testosterone in your body which will cause an increase of testosterone converting to DHT....Because propecia doesn't stop ALL test from converting to DHT
    Last edited by calstate23; 05-07-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Thank you guys. Good info. My plan now is to drop the propecia and switch to nizoral 2% along w/ rogaine. Any thought/suggestions on this?

Thank you guys. Good info. My plan now is to drop the propecia and switch to nizoral 2% along w/ rogaine. Any thought/suggestions on this?
    That is a tough decision you will have to debate with yourself.....The thing is propecia does work and it is pretty much the only drug in the market that can really stop hair loss......I had a buddy that took it and it did effect his libido and his ability to stay as erect before taking it...

Here is what you will have to debate....Either worry more about your hair and don't take steroids and take propecia...While at the same risking the side effects propecia can cause such as bitch tits and old limpy.....

#2 - Just take steroids without propecia and risk losing more hair loss but get the physique gains you want

#3 - Take steroids and propecia

Here is the thing about taking propecia and steroids....If you take steroids without propecia you will increase chances of losing even more hair then...If you take propecia and steroids, propecia will help limit the hair loss but since you are increasing introducing a lot more testosterone and DHT conversion with the steroids you will increase hair loss...If that makes sense....So basically taking steroids and propecia would put you in the same spot as not taking steroids or propecia...The situation you are in now..Plus you would have to worry about sides of propecia....

Hope that made sense :/

warren916 is offline Associate Member
    Propecia just stops conversion to DHT. DHT is a strong hormone that can contribute to strength and sex drive.

But you gotta remember, that when you take steroids , your making EXTRA dht, so if you take the propecia at a low dose, it will only combat higher than normal levels when on cycle.

The same for AI, it will only drop the EXTRA amount that is created from EXTRA test.

If you take an EXCESS amount of AI/Propecia, you will then effect your natural balance, and may go UNDER what you make normally...

So technically, you will be fine at a small dose and shouldnt have any low DHT sides, unless you take a higher dose that will effect your natural levels.

Exactly the info I was looking for. Looks like I'm gonna give up on the propecia and just try to use ketoconazole to protect my hair while letting dht do all its good stuff for the rest of my body. Thanks guys.

kleaver is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    i didn't even read through these- b'c i'm on finasteride permanently... with no sides, 5mg eod once i reached a few months of ed doses and reached a stable blood level. then when on cycle, 5mg dose ed.

no issues, normal cycle stuff, no hairloss... obviously I have hairloss or i wouldn't be on finasteride in the first place- but it keeps me steady... no additional hairloss while on cycle

no each his own- i think it's a placebo thing- while it's a dht inhibitor, it takes upwards of a year to start actually growing any hairs, and quite a few weeks to reach a stable blood level.

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    I just got some fin and plan on taking it while cycling but now I'm all mixed up on if its a smart choice or not... shit!!

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbjake34 View Post
    It will hinder your gains slightly due to lowering DHT. Try taking it after the gym might help ive been on that since I started cycling and I still have great gains
    Just try to take the least,,effective amount for you that you can.

Bro I ran two cycles without fina and lost hair like crazy got on fina ran many cycles since, no hairloss what so ever. It will work unless u run tren or any DHT derived steroid but if ur running just test it WILL work.

Quote Originally Posted by **** View Post
    Just try to take the least,,effective amount for you that you can.
    and this. I take 1mg daily works good for me

Quote Originally Posted by warren916 View Post
    Propecia just stops conversion to DHT. DHT is a strong hormone that can contribute to strength and sex drive.

But you gotta remember, that when you take steroids, your making EXTRA dht, so if you take the propecia at a low dose, it will only combat higher than normal levels when on cycle.
    I hear what your saying, but my question is does it have a long term effect on DHT conversion????

Quote Originally Posted by tbjake34 View Post
    Bro I ran two cycles without fina and lost hair like crazy got on fina ran many cycles since, no hairloss what so ever. It will work unless u run tren or any DHT derived steroid but if ur running just test it WILL work.
    But there is a difference if you have male pattern baldness gene or you are just losing hair do to cycle...BIG DIFFERENCE

I have a buddy who has hair like a stallion but gets hair loss on big cycles. The thing is its from the steroids and after he comes off hair loss stops. If someone has male pattern badness steroids = no bueno

Quote Originally Posted by calstate23 View Post
    But there is a difference if you have male pattern baldness gene or you are just losing hair do to cycle...BIG DIFFERENCE

I have a buddy who has hair like a stallion but gets hair loss on big cycles. The thing is its from the steroids and after he comes off hair loss stops. If someone has male pattern badness steroids = no bueno
    I was always told you could not get hair loss from cycling unless you had MPB???? always made sense but honestly never looked into it.

Tlee8769 is offline Associate Member
    Stay away from Propecia go with the nizoral works great rogaine will not help while on cycle bro.

Quote Originally Posted by THE-DET-OAK View Post
    I was always told you could not get hair loss from cycling unless you had MPB???? always made sense but honestly never looked into it.
    ANYONE can lose some hair on a cycle...Usually depends what you are taking and how many mg

Thread Information